The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 January 2022, 10:23 AM   #1
Marantz2270
Banned

GMT Master II Jubilee fitment...how do you wear yours?

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but I'd appreciate fitment anecdotes for others who own a modern GMT II on jubilee.

While the watch is certainly not so loose as to rotate around my wrist, for the first half of the day (at least) it is loose enough to easily slide over my ulna to the end of my wrist. It is not until I eat a fairly sizable/salty meal (or drink alcohol) that my wrist increases in size fit the band. All of this is with the easy link in.

All that to say: Would any fellow BLRO/BLNR owners with watches on jubilee be willing to tell me how you have fitted your watch? Also: Do you find the easy link to be useful, or is 5mm too large of an adjustment in your experience?

I should also note: I have a skinnier wrist at 6.75".

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Marantz2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 10:46 AM   #2
Thanos
"TRF" Member

I personally find the 5mm easy link to big. You have a few options to fit the bracelet. It has 3 micro adjustments on the band for starters....at that point you can open the easy link when required OR open the easy link and than use one of the 3 micro adjustments...Option 2 however eliminates the ability to utilize the easy link.

I have mine setup on the micro adjustment that allows for maximum size with easy link closed. I find this to be good all year round....Very rarely do I require the easylink.

I have 7.5" wrist
Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 11:19 AM   #3
Marantz2270
Banned

Yeah…I’m may try going in one notch on the micro-adjustment next time I’m @ the AD.
Marantz2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 04:39 PM   #4
IamJacky
"TRF" Member

My wrist size is 6 1/2", I wear all of my watches the same way whether it's Oyster or Jubilee bracelet and I rarely use the easy-link extension - it's too much extra room for me.

All my watches fit right under my wrist bone, pretty snug in the sense that they don't rotate on the wrist easily but not too tight to the point where they don't move at all. Hope that makes sense.
Old 4 January 2022, 04:47 PM   #5
Sub Capt.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marantz2270 View Post
I know this is a matter of personal preference, but I'd appreciate fitment anecdotes for others who own a modern GMT II on jubilee.

While the watch is certainly not so loose as to rotate around my wrist, for the first half of the day (at least) it is loose enough to easily slide over my ulna to the end of my wrist. It is not until I eat a fairly sizable/salty meal (or drink alcohol) that my wrist increases in size fit the band. All of this is with the easy link in.

All that to say: Would any fellow BLRO/BLNR owners with watches on jubilee be willing to tell me how you have fitted your watch? Also: Do you find the easy link to be useful, or is 5mm too large of an adjustment in your experience?

I should also note: I have a skinnier wrist at 6.75".

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Sounds too loose. I hate when my watch slides down my wrist. Are you on the middle micro adjustment? Move it in to the smallest position. Then use the ez link when your wrist swells.
Sub Capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 05:30 PM   #6
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
I always wear etches at the bottom of my wrist anyway, but I was more struck by the fact that you eat enough to make your wrist fatter!

Still trying to get my head round that. My wrist can expand a bit if it's hot, but never instantly from food or drink.
Old 4 January 2022, 05:53 PM   #7
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
GMT Master II Jubilee fitment...how do you wear yours?

My wrist is about the same as yours. My preferred fit is snug proximal to the wrist bone as above. 11 links on the twelve o’clock side and 7 links on the six o’clock side. On the clasp adjustment it is set to max length (outer third setting). I never use the easy link except when I need to wear the watch over a rash guard or a thermal layer sleeve.
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 08:46 PM   #8
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Jubilee bracelets are some of the easiest to achieve a perfect fit due to the links being relatively small. Have you tried changing the micro adjustments within the clasp?

My BLNR on jubilee is nearly always ever so slightly lose in the morning, as you say your wrist swells a bit over the day and is perfect later on.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 09:28 PM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
Jubilee bracelets are some of the easiest to achieve a perfect fit due to the links being relatively small. Have you tried changing the micro adjustments within the clasp?

My BLNR on jubilee is nearly always ever so slightly lose in the morning, as you say your wrist swells a bit over the day and is perfect later on.
Agree with you on this ^^^

OP, I wear mine on the loose side but not so loose as to slide up over my wrist bone. Fir some reason the jubilee allows for a slightly looser wearing experience YMMV.

To answer your other question, I find that the easy link doesn’t work all that well for me. There’s just too much all or nothing adjustment.

I hope one day Rolex adopt the mini glidelock clasp on all their professional models
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 09:29 PM   #10
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post

My wrist is about the same as yours. My preferred fit is snug proximal to the wrist bone as above. 11 links on the twelve o’clock side and 7 links on the six o’clock side. On the clasp adjustment it is set to max length (outer third setting). I never use the easy link except when I need to wear the watch over a rash guard or a thermal layer sleeve.
Fantastic shot my friend, that looks like it was tailor made for your wrist
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 04:13 AM   #11
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Interesting thread. I wear my CHNR (and BLNR) on the other side of the ulna. My Omega does not have the micro adjustments and someltimes slips down the arm, but my Rolex fit perfectly.
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 05:54 AM   #12
mg18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
I have a similar sized wrist, perhaps slightly larger. I removed just 1 link from the 6 side. In the summer, I keep the micro adjustment in the middle, but in the winter I have since moved to the tightest spot, but might move back to the middle soon.

I tried many different configurations, 2 links out, but loosest micro adjustment, 1 link out, and tighter or middle micro adjustment, and the current set up I have is best for me.

I have not found much use for the extension due to how drastic it is, except on 1 particularly extra humid day.
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 05:54 AM   #13
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Fantastic shot my friend, that looks like it was tailor made for your wrist

Thank you my friend!
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 06:33 AM   #14
afmars
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
I find the 5mm easy link perfect for my 7.5” wrist. If it was any smaller it wouldn’t be enough of an adjustment for me. I wear my watch fairly snug and above the wrist bone.

I wear the watch with the factory configuration (no links removed, added, or moved)
afmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 06:45 AM   #15
Buckaroo Banzai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 12671
The fit I got from the AD was spot on. I don't utilize the easylink.
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 07:01 AM   #16
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

When it comes to any Rolex I usually close the easylink or close the glidelock all the way and remove links from either side until the clasp is evenly centered or it's the closest it's going to get. I wear my bracelets pretty tight. I like them just tight enough that the watch case might move but doesn't.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote