The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 April 2022, 05:17 PM   #1
Ryann24
"TRF" Member

Tonda pf chronograph?

Does anyone in here have one or experience with them? Trying to gauge quality vs the price. I think they looks awesome but not sure if they warrant the price tag. TIA
Ryann24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 07:08 PM   #2
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

I like them. They are pretty big though for a sports watch (and this is coming from someone who owns and wears 2 Big Pilot Perpetuals as daily wearers and a DeepSea)
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 05:42 AM   #3
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryann24 View Post
Does anyone in here have one or experience with them? Trying to gauge quality vs the price. I think they looks awesome but not sure if they warrant the price tag. TIA
Parmigiani is high horology up there with almost the best of them. They are severely under appreciated by the community at large and even within watch circles they are a very niche brand. A lot of that had to do with previous marketing which tried to keep them very exclusive with authorized dealers only in the best neighborhoods. This was their downfall since they were so hard to find that no one talked about them.

I've had a Parmigiani for the last 18 years and consider it one of my best pieces. Because they are not as in demand, secondary prices drop as soon as you walk out the door. But they are bought by those who are in the know of what they're getting. I saw pictures of Prince Charles wearing one. Buying second hand is a deal though.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2022, 07:37 AM   #4
LVx2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryann24 View Post
The PF chronograph uses the new integrated high frequency calibre, very fine movement and only found in PF line or in some gold GT Tondas.

Have yet to see the chrono but the new PF line is exceptional in every respect. I have tried the three hand and the annual calendar, both amazing.
LVx2 is offline   Reply With Quote