The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 9 September 2018, 01:23 AM   #1
HeyScott
"TRF" Member

Replacing Folded Vintage Jubilee 6251H with newer Jubilee

Hi,

I have a 1969 SS 1603 that has a SS folded 6251H jubilee bracelet with 55 on the end pieces.

Question 1. What later Jubilee would fit my 1603 for more regular wear, I want to keep the original folded Jubilee for safer keeping. The folded Jubilee is harder to adjust. I want one more easily adjustable. And I have read here that in the 70's RSC offered newer Jubilee's on these models. I just don't know the model number of what would (back then) be the newer more solid Jubilee.

Would it be the 62510H and would it still have 55 on the end pieces?

THANKS
HeyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2018, 01:50 AM   #2
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Try a 62510H Jubilee (with 22 links) and 555 end links.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2018, 02:19 AM   #3
HeyScott
"TRF" Member

Thank You Springer, to be clear do others think that a 1969 Datejust 1603 will fit with 555 end links? The original Jubilee had 55 end links.
Old 9 September 2018, 08:37 AM   #4
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyScott View Post
Thank You Springer, to be clear do others think that a 1969 Datejust 1603 will fit with 555 end links? The original Jubilee had 55 end links.

Yes it fits your watch.

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 9 September 2018, 08:47 AM   #5
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyScott View Post
To be clear, if Springer tells you your 1603 can lay eggs get a basket ready. When someone takes his valuable time to help you try to restrain the impulse to insult him by asking for others to tell you if he is lying to you or if he's simply too stupid to know what bracelets are correct for a 1603.

Give me strength.
Richard Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2018, 08:49 AM   #6
HeyScott
"TRF" Member

Didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did. Thanks to all for helping me very much.
Old 9 September 2018, 10:22 AM   #7
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carver View Post
To be clear, if Springer tells you your 1603 can lay eggs get a basket ready. When someone takes his valuable time to help you try to restrain the impulse to insult him by asking for others to tell you if he is lying to you or if he's simply too stupid to know what bracelets are correct for a 1603.

Give me strength.
Thanks Richard. There are many guys "guessing" in their responses here lately as I'm sure you have noticed. Not only guessing but replying with incorrect information. There aren't many of the usual vintage guys posting much anymore.

And as far as doing some of your own research - I echo your sentiments. As a matter-of-fact, I will probably start a thread on it soon.

Old 16 December 2022, 12:32 AM   #8
TillKnds
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Submariner
Same combination for a Datejust 1601?

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Try a 62510H Jubilee (with 22 links) and 555 end links.
Hello Springer, this is indeed the combination sold by Rolex. My inherited 1601 Vintage Datejust had its bracelet worn out for good, so with the last service round I asked my authorised dealer for a replacement bracelet and he sold me these parts 62510H/555.

However, it turned out that the 555 end links do not match well that with the lugs of the oyster. They stand out rather prominently instead of lining up nicely like the old 55 end links did. To my regret the old links blocked the movement of the neighbouring bracelet links when I reinstalled them.

My AD actually declined my request to bend the 555 links into proper shape, giving excuses that did not enlighten me well enough to have them remembered. Could it be that he is not allowed to mess with original Rolex parts and I consequently need a non-Rolex craftsman to do that for me?

Anyway, any suggestions and thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Till
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 07 R555 Unsauberer Anstoss.jpeg (182.7 KB, 109 views)
TillKnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 12:46 AM   #9
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

One frequently has to make small adjustments to endlinks, it's not rocket science. We are literally talking about something as simple as closing the endings by 1–2mm. Use soft jawed pliers, or put some tape around the jaws of needle nose pliers. You might even be able to do it with your fingers. If you're uncomfortable doing it, take your watch to an independent watchmaker and pay him to do it.
Old 19 December 2022, 05:04 AM   #10
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
As Dan say, Snipe/long nosed round-ended pliers, with some sellotape round them, are the perfect buddy for we old guard, with slightly I'll fitting end links, to give a little massage too to get them to conform to our dreams. That'll keep $50 in the kitty for beer/curry tokens.

SHE'S A BAD MAMA JAMA - Carl Carlton
TuRo is offline   Reply With Quote