The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 September 2023, 05:15 PM   #151
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofAirKings View Post
OP, I think the problem here is AP has countless customers who wouldn't even notice if a watch were running 30 seconds fast, and in many cases don't even use the watch to tell time.

How much money are you planning on spending on AP products in the next two years? If the answer is less than $1 million, then the "relationship" and "journey" you are trying to "start fresh" does not matter to them.
I think APs online reputation goes hand in hand with making money selling watches. I think this situation puts the brand in a questionable light in regard to quality and also exposes their customer service for all of us to see. APs quality and customer service is of utmost importance to justify their prices because really what are we buying if not the illusion of a quality product with exceptional customer service.

I am an AP fanboy but this story does concern me and as an owner of the brand makes me question how I feel about putting more money in the brand, especially if I hear the OP being treated indifferently. If the outcome for him is positive then my faith in the brand is reinforced.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 06:21 PM   #152
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
I think APs online reputation goes hand in hand with making money selling watches. I think this situation puts the brand in a questionable light in regard to quality and also exposes their customer service for all of us to see. APs quality and customer service is of utmost importance to justify their prices because really what are we buying if not the illusion of a quality product with exceptional customer service.

I am an AP fanboy but this story does concern me and as an owner of the brand makes me question how I feel about putting more money in the brand, especially if I hear the OP being treated indifferently. If the outcome for him is positive then my faith in the brand is reinforced.
I don't know. It seems like AP was very fair in the situation to offer to replace the movement. Really don't know what else you could want from them.
Old 22 September 2023, 11:04 PM   #153
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofAirKings View Post
They don't have a choice. They sold the watch with a warranty. They're doing the bare minimum to satisfy their obligations under the warranty. If they told OP to go pound sand, they could be sued for breach of the warranty.
Oh I agree they have to fix it, but to what degree they do so is my point.
So far AP proposed replacing the movement, which the OP doesn’t want. What I’m saying is in the end I don’t know if AP cares whether they upset the OP and make it a take it or leave it offer because regardless if the OP ever buys an AP again, every one of their watches will sell. On a macro scale, his displeasure will have no impact.
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2023, 11:54 PM   #154
dmash
"TRF" Member

Friday Update:

I’ve been offered now, a complete replacement with a fresh warranty. Essentially a totally new sale, with sending everything back from original purchase.

I genuinely love this model Offshore and everything about it, and they have assured me that the new production Offshore should already have fixes done to the movement…….so I think I’m going to take a leap of faith here and tell them that this is an acceptable resolution. As it’s not a mishmash of a new movement with old case, it’s truly a new watch and a fresh start. In my book this is sufficient remedy to fix what was obviously a lemon timepiece from the get go.

I’m not going to *demand* anything additional, as I think it’s in sour taste, but I am hopeful my boutique manager takes this entire debacle into consideration and potentially offers me sooner than later on my next allocation. And again, I’m not prying for something ‘special’, just what was my watch #2 anyhow.

Wanted to know what you gentleman also think about this as like-minded horologists?
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:00 AM   #155
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Seems like a reasonable resolution to the problem. Enjoy your new offshore!
I would say wear the ROO a few months before asking for the 2nd watch. Give AP and the SA some breathing space considering the whole stressful back and forth, but also give yourself some time to explore the ROO again.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:09 AM   #156
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
After reading this very long thread, and with my personal poor experience with AP, I am so glad that I moved on.
I am now a big VC fan. For many reasons.
GSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:10 AM   #157
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

AP did right by you. Happy they came through. Best of luck on the second allocation.
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:46 AM   #158
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
This is very reasonable resolution. Multiple people have mentioned here that they fixed the issue with this movement, if I recall correctly, mid year.
Enjoy your new watch when you get it.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:53 AM   #159
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Reasonable offer. It’s making you whole.

I would take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:58 AM   #160
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Agree with the others, I think this is quite reasonable. Glad it’s working out.
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 01:02 AM   #161
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
All's well that ends well; fair resolution imo.
Enjoy the new watch and be sure to post a wristshot!
sski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 01:18 AM   #162
SRG89
"TRF" Member

Pleased it's all worked out. Fair resolution in the end they've taken care of you.

What offshore model was it out of interest? I'm so invested I feel like I need to know
SRG89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 01:48 AM   #163
Gent675
"TRF" Member

What’s the timeframe on getting the new replacement? Congrats on the resolution. What’s in line for the #2?
Gent675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 02:23 AM   #164
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Great resolution. I would be satisfied.

rcwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 02:33 AM   #165
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
Been checking regularly update and glad this has come to resolution. It's been roller coaster ride but in the end they came through and you're happy with the offer.
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 02:54 AM   #166
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Friday Update:

I’ve been offered now, a complete replacement with a fresh warranty. Essentially a totally new sale, with sending everything back from original purchase.

I genuinely love this model Offshore and everything about it, and they have assured me that the new production Offshore should already have fixes done to the movement…….so I think I’m going to take a leap of faith here and tell them that this is an acceptable resolution. As it’s not a mishmash of a new movement with old case, it’s truly a new watch and a fresh start. In my book this is sufficient remedy to fix what was obviously a lemon timepiece from the get go.

I’m not going to *demand* anything additional, as I think it’s in sour taste, but I am hopeful my boutique manager takes this entire debacle into consideration and potentially offers me sooner than later on my next allocation. And again, I’m not prying for something ‘special’, just what was my watch #2 anyhow.

Wanted to know what you gentleman also think about this as like-minded horologists?
That is fantastic! Congratulations
Old 23 September 2023, 03:03 AM   #167
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
After reading this very long thread, and with my personal poor experience with AP, I am so glad that I moved on.
I am now a big VC fan. For many reasons.
All the VC boutiques including the NYC one were terrible - complete indifference to even getting a historiques triple calendrier or pretty much even talking to me for a few minutes about their watches. I genuinely like VC but I have no idea where to even buy their watches considering I would like tp build a relationship. The only boutique that was great was the geneva one but they could/ would not sell me any watches since I don't have swiss passport.

May I ask where you buy VC? (OP sorry to highjack the thread but seems like you got a fair resolution and congrats on your brand new ROO).
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 04:10 AM   #168
xwalker4

Watch: 114060/116500LN/PA
What a roller coaster thread! Sounds like a fine resolution, and I hope it indeed works out.

xwalker4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 04:29 AM   #169
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
Brand new watch is a good and fair resolution I think. Hope it can arrive soon for you to enjoy!
justdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 04:33 AM   #170
dmash
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! I was told im literally getting the next one from Swiss HQ and should be less than a month.
Old 23 September 2023, 04:36 AM   #171
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I think its a good reasonable resolution. You get a new watch, maintain a good relationship, and hopefully get your 2nd allocation sooner than later. Glad it worked out!
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 05:08 AM   #172
TimeLord2

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Very interesting thread and a solid response from AP. That, is customer service for a luxury brand.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 05:14 AM   #173
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Glad to hear it, mate, I love AP and they have always been professional and friendly in all dealings I have had so I was hopeful they would come thru for you in the end, and why not ask for a few AP freebies if there is something you fancy or some Xmas gifts you can give, saves some shopping time which is worth its weight itself!
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 05:21 AM   #174
dmash
"TRF" Member

I have a convo planned with boutique manager today, going to just discuss briefly how I feel and go from there! Just want to have a positive relationship moving forward and happy this could be resolved.
Old 23 September 2023, 05:44 AM   #175
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! I was told im literally getting the next one from Swiss HQ and should be less than a month.

Very pleased you’ve reached an outcome that you are happy with

ikincooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 06:15 AM   #176
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Happy to see a good outcome - hope the new piece arrives soon, enjoy!

neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 08:08 AM   #177
chaucer
"TRF" Member

We all look forward to you receiving your new, functional timepiece!
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 09:57 AM   #178
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Good to hear they came through with an acceptable resolution Now back to the regular scheduled programming
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 12:48 PM   #179
Armis
"TRF" Member

This is great news. I’m glad they “heard” you and finally offered a fresh start. And good for you for sticking to your points.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 01:28 PM   #180
Uppersouth
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SWISS
Glad to hear DMash. AP did the right thing and you did right by accepting their offer. Now you can resume your AP journey. Good luck!
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote