The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 11 May 2024, 03:49 AM   #1
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/PAM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I found myself in a similar predicament as the OP and ended up moving all of my 6 digit ceramic models (except for my 116610LV, which my wife will wear every now and then to match my Kermit) and have since acquired their 5 digit replacements. My favorite to wear has been the 16600 which I switch between the bracelet and various straps. I find they sit on my wrist better and I enjoy the wear marks on the aluminum inserts which when wanted can be exchanged with like new versions to give the watch a whole new appearance again!
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 08:39 PM   #2
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Hey everyone, thanks for keeping this going. Apologies for not keeping tabs. I'm sure there's a way to receive notifications on threads but I have yet to figure it out...

Still have the 126710 BLRO. Not by choice, but merely inertia. I've been outside of the US for the last year, so selling it hasn't really been a possibility in the part of the world I've been in.

I still very much intend on selling. Since creating this thread (and even prior) it's just been collecting dust. I've put it on occasionally in the house, tried swapping between jubilee and oyster, and it just does absolutely nothing for me. Too shiny, too big, too loud, and just doesn't represent what I liked in the brand. Seeing people 'flex' modern Rolex is hard to watch.

Thanks to the advice here, I've narrowed it down to the following (I think):
-16610LV- frontrunner. I like the fact that it was an anniversary model, and has what little I actually enjoy about modern subs- maxi plots.

-16710 or 16700- still love a good GMT, but ceramic just isn't for me

-14060m or no m- To me this was peak no-date submariner.

Condition will be key. To the great advice here, I don't really care anymore if it is NOS. In fact, if I can get close to NOS for significantly less, then why bother with NOS?

Note, this watch will likely keep me content for quite some time. It'll make my immediate collection a total of four watches, two of which are actual daily wearers:
1. 124270 Explorer (daily)- Boring to most, but my favorite watch of all time
2. TBD (daily)
3. Tudor BB41 Smiley- it's just cool, man. Take it out occasionally just because it's an awesome watch
4. Cartier Tank- Big fan of the history, wear sparingly but marvel at the design
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote