The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 3 March 2010, 02:46 AM   #1
slevin kelevra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
Scratch Correction by RSC

So my Sub is in RSC Bexley to get a scratch removed on the case. Seeing as I have had a "Not so great" experience with bexley so far I am worrying that my case will come back a total mess.

I have seen threads where people have posted pics of lugs that are different sizes/thickness etc and im worried that this will soon be me.

Here is a pic of the scratch, would this be difficult to remove for a so called expert??

I appreciate that the pic isnt the best.

Also what would be involved in removing the scratch, does the movement get removed etc to protect it against any vibrations etc?

Thanks in advance.
slevin kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2010, 05:46 AM   #2
ayres
"TRF" Member

Watch: whatever runs
the watch will not be disassembled, as far as i know. as for their method, some may vary slightly, but you can read about the general procedures in the watchtech forum. plenty here.

honestly, you picture is awful - the background is in focus. no one can say for sure because no one can see how deep the scratch is. turn off the flash, use natural light, and set the watch down on a table. try to use a macro mode. if you cannot then move the camera away from the watch and zoom in. take a couple different pics with the watch at slightly different angles in an attempt to capture the severity of the scratch.
ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2010, 06:54 AM   #3
robsteve
"TRF" Member

If I read it correctly, Rolex already has your watch? My understanding is they do not do a polish without also a full service. If they do offer to polish it without a service, I wouldn't worry about them messing it up.

Your picture is far from clear. Is the scratch the line going from left to right or up in down on the lug shown?

Robert
robsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
It looks like a possible dent right on the edge of the satin and high polish metal will have to be removed to bring it back if that's the case but we're talking microns. Good luck
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2010, 10:20 PM   #5
slevin kelevra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
Yes, the pic is pretty bad, apologies. The watch is already on its wayto Rolex so I cant take anymore pics im afraid.

The scratch is vertical. It wasnt very deep (to the naked eye). My worry is that its located on such a small surface that there will be a noticeable indentation there even after the scratch is removed.

My watch wont be getting serviced as its only 2 months old and it was Rolex themselves that damaged the watch. It should be arriving with them on thursday and I have the name of somone down there to contact who ive been told is working on it.
slevin kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote