The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 December 2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Ah, much better!

Went down to RSC Singapore yesterday to see how long they'd take to service my DJ. As it turns out, I'd be cutting it really close if I wanted to get it back by the time I took off. In any case, it's had a maximum of 18 months of wear, so the service can wait till my next trip.

While I was at it, I mentioned that my SD was running fast. The clerk said, "Sure, we can take care of it right now, no charge". I handed it over to her, took a seat and read a magazine, and a few minutes later it had been adjusted from +10 to +1. The technician did give me a dirty look after seeing the big dint on the case, though.

I knew I bought these things for a good reason!
Old 6 December 2005, 04:41 PM   #2
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
First off, this thread is useless without pics LOL

and secondly good for you, I love RSC here in Toronto because they are the same way, quick friendly service.
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2005, 04:57 PM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
It just feels so nice to have you back, James!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2005, 05:23 PM   #4
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately, this is an awful picture to post, but here's the shower-diving dent that the techie was tut-tutting about:

It's good to be back, JJ, but I'm still stuck in Singapore, so at times I'm reduced to cups-and-strings. Everything will go back to normal on the 22nd.
Old 6 December 2005, 06:23 PM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken
Unfortunately, this is an awful picture to post, but here's the shower-diving dent that the techie was tut-tutting about:

It's good to be back, JJ, but I'm still stuck in Singapore, so at times I'm reduced to cups-and-strings. Everything will go back to normal on the 22nd.
Hmmm....."cups-and-strings"....you've almost got me tempted to post a picture....and you know what kind that will be!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 6 December 2005, 06:26 PM   #6
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

JJ! Down, boy!
Old 6 December 2005, 06:31 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Yes James must agree Singapore service centre first class

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2005, 06:33 PM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
JJ! Down, boy!
LOL!!

Old 6 December 2005, 08:14 PM   #9
Lol-x
Facilitator

Singapore

So how do you rate the Singapore Rolex Centre, in comparison to other Service Centres in South East Asia?

Rolex in Singapore is still independently owned, so I believe.

Anyway, look forward to catching up when you get back.

Have a good trip.

Cheers
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2005, 09:23 PM   #10
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Welcome back James! That's a helluva dent from showering. Musta been a nasty fall!!
BruceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2005, 12:08 AM   #11
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerF
First off, this thread is useless without pics LOL

and secondly good for you, I love RSC here in Toronto because they are the same way, quick friendly service.
Gotta love it there. Great displays, comfy couches, delicious chocolates and fresh fruit and stunning girls behind the counter!
Old 7 December 2005, 12:25 AM   #12
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
James, I am pretty sure if you told them you dropped it and then it started running fast, they may have thought twice or gave you a hard time about regulating it. I dinged my old Tudor Chrono right after it was in for service. They adjusted the timing, but insisted on checking the overall movement, they did it free of charge though. (RSC Dallas)

Glad to have you back pal, hope your travels are going well.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2005, 05:46 AM   #13
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Went down to RSC Singapore yesterday to see how long they'd take to service my DJ. As it turns out, I'd be cutting it really close if I wanted to get it back by the time I took off. In any case, it's had a maximum of 18 months of wear, so the service can wait till my next trip.

While I was at it, I mentioned that my SD was running fast. The clerk said, "Sure, we can take care of it right now, no charge". I handed it over to her, took a seat and read a magazine, and a few minutes later it had been adjusted from +10 to +1. The technician did give me a dirty look after seeing the big dint on the case, though.

I knew I bought these things for a good reason!

Welcome back James!

Yes, the shower story (the truth) it what he tells here. To others it will be something like this.

“It was on a secret mission when this happened. I was surrounded by 5 thugs and had already taken 4 of them down with my bare hands. The last one was armed with a huge knife and the only way to deflect his stab was with my trusted SD. It was a close call but vodka martinis afterwards. I’ll keep this ding as a reminder of what happened. But this is enough about me, let’s talk about you. Have I told you yet what beautiful blah, blah…..”.

Last edited by Goodwatch; 7 December 2005 at 05:47 AM..
Goodwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2005, 08:25 AM   #14
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
Welcome back James!

Yes, the shower story (the truth) it what he tells here. To others it will be something like this.

“It was on a secret mission when this happened. I was surrounded by 5 thugs and had already taken 4 of them down with my bare hands. The last one was armed with a huge knife and the only way to deflect his stab was with my trusted SD. It was a close call but vodka martinis afterwards. I’ll keep this ding as a reminder of what happened. But this is enough about me, let’s talk about you. Have I told you yet what beautiful blah, blah…..”.
Standing ovation!!

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2005, 02:07 PM   #15
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Welcome back James!

James, have you been auditioning for the next James Bond role?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2005, 05:52 PM   #16
pensivedoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Welcome back James!

Yes, he's a smooth operator, for sure.
pensivedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2005, 06:03 PM   #17
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Welcome back James!

Aw bloody hell, Frans, I didn't realise you were standing within earshot at the pub last night! TIP: a combination of Teflon and Scotch-Gard does wonders for a tux in all conditions!

Nah, Daren, the techie assumed that the speed was a result of the drop. In fact, it was already running at +11 before I dropped it and I told him so.

Lol-x, this is in fact my very first trip to an RSC anywhere, so I unfortunately don't have a point of reference. Still and all, I'm happy with the service as is. I'm looking forward to catching up with you when I get home!