The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 18 February 2008, 08:02 AM   #31
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
You didn't offend me Allan
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2008, 08:18 AM   #32
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
You didn't offend me Allan
Nor me, Allan!
Old 18 February 2008, 08:23 AM   #33
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopJr View Post
"Earl"..

I'll keep your post in mind next time I am deciding to have some sport with one of your posts. I'm sorry if I offended you.
I'm must confess and apologies. Don't give it another thought. I was too lazy to find my glasses and proof read what I wrote. My only disability is ageing eyes and misplacing my reading glasses.

I don't know why I pulled the disability con. That was the first time I ever knowingly posted false information. *

* Name and avatar not included.
Earl Camembert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2008, 09:07 AM   #34
CanuckRolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Camembert View Post
I buy from eBay all of the time and use PayPal. One can get a great bargain on an item that is very difficult to find. I would be embarrassed to say how much I spent on eBay.

Someday I will have to sell some of it back especially the vintage fountain pens that have gone up in price with the decline of the US dollar.

Some items for sale must be looked at very carefully, especially high end items and I know eBay can and should do more to protect buyers; by doing so it will also help the legitimate sellers as many people will never consider buying on eBay because of the uncertainty.
If you buy so much, then why do you talk so much crap about it.

Kinda oxymoronic don't you think?
CanuckRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2008, 11:06 AM   #35
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm must confess and apologies. Don't give it another thought. I was too lazy to find my glasses and proof read what I wrote. My only disability is ageing eyes and misplacing my reading glasses.

I don't know why I pulled the disability con. That was the first time I ever knowingly posted false information. *

* Name and avatar not included.
Old 18 February 2008, 11:43 AM   #36
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
I don't know why I pulled the disability con. That was the first time I ever knowingly posted false information.
Earl, some of your posts have been interesting reading and informative but you really need to get past this eBay thing, mate.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2008, 12:28 PM   #37
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't know why I pulled the disability con. That was the first time I ever knowingly posted false information.
Not cool
Old 18 February 2008, 12:31 PM   #38
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
Earl Camembert is a sketch character based on a Canadian broadcaster...so his handle isn't his real name. God knows who that avatar is.
Old 18 February 2008, 07:00 PM   #39
doc_colton
"TRF" Member

The avatar is a picture of Bobby Bittman, another character from SCTV, played by Eugene Levy. I loved that show, like SNL but funny........
Old 18 February 2008, 10:01 PM   #40
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Earl Camembert is a sketch character based on a Canadian broadcaster...so his handle isn't his real name. God knows who that avatar is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_colton View Post
The avatar is a picture of Bobby Bittman, another character from SCTV, played by Eugene Levy. I loved that show, like SNL but funny........
Earl Camembert is a fictional news reporter and anchorman portrayed by Eugene Levy on the Canadian sketch comedy show SCTV, which aired in the 1970s and 1980s. Camembert, loosely based on real-life news reporters Earl Cameron (from which the name was derived) and Irv Weinstein, was a recurring character alongside Joe Flaherty's character of Floyd Robertson, also a fictional anchorman, based on real-life Canadian news anchor Lloyd Robertson. The two co-anchored the SCTV Network's "SCTV News" program.

Levy's best known role on SCTV was as the dimwitted Earl Camembert, but his other characterizations included serious comic Bobby Bittman, scandal sheet entrepreneur Dr. Rawl Withers, “report on business” naïf Brian Johns, 3-D horror auteur Woody Tobias Jr., cheerful Leutonian accordionist Stan Schmenge, lecherous dream interpreter Raoul Wilson, hammer-voiced sports broadcaster Lou Jaffe, diminutive union patriarch Sid Dithers, fey current-events commentator Joel Weiss, buttoned-down panel show moderator Dougal Currie, smarmy Just for Fun emcee Stan Kanter, energetic used car salesman Al Peck and inept dance show host Rockin’ Mel Slirrup.

And BTW, you MUST be talking about the fairly current SNL, Doc - the 70's-early 80's SNL is by FAR funnier and a true classic in the genre!
Old 18 February 2008, 10:27 PM   #41
Stef_Call

Watch: SS Daytona,GMT IIc
Guys Is there another reason apart from this thread why the knives & handbags are out for Mr. Camembert ??? Reading thru this post only it does seem people are dying to stick a boot in ?? a bit unfair based on this post ???
Stef_Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2008, 10:41 PM   #42
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef_Call View Post
Guys Is there another reason apart from this thread why the knives & handbags are out for Mr. Camembert ??? Reading thru this post only it does seem people are dying to stick a boot in ?? a bit unfair based on this post ???
Read the rest of his posts.
Old 18 February 2008, 10:50 PM   #43
doc_colton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
...And BTW, you MUST be talking about the fairly current SNL, Doc - the 70's-early 80's SNL is by FAR funnier and a true classic in the genre!
Yes, you're right,I should have qualified that. Most of the stars of the first several seasons of SNL were Second City alumni. Some funny stuff, especially Akroyd and Belushi (John that is)
Old 18 February 2008, 11:10 PM   #44
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Read the rest of his posts.

And BTW, I don't construe any of the comments in this thread as constituting "knives & handbags" being out for anyone. If they were, Mr. Camembert (or any other member) would probably already be rocketing to another star system by now.
Old 18 February 2008, 11:40 PM   #45
Stef_Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post

And BTW, I don't construe any of the comments in this thread as constituting "knives & handbags" being out for anyone. If they were, Mr. Camembert (or any other member) would probably already be rocketing to another star system by now.

I had a look through some of his posts up to early Feb. Seems like at least one has been removed. Maybe that one was a cracker !!
The
"knives & handbags" comment was tongue & cheek. Maybe the knives were tucked away but a few handbags were brandished.
Ive been quiet for a month or so. Maybe I need to read up on some of the new characters aboard the TRF ship.
Old 19 February 2008, 12:16 AM   #46
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I had a look through some of his posts up to early Feb. Seems like at least one has been removed. Maybe that one was a cracker !!
The "knives & handbags" comment was tongue & cheek. Maybe the knives were tucked away but a few handbags were brandished.
Ive been quiet for a month or so. Maybe I need to read up on some of the new characters aboard the TRF ship.
The one you mention probably contained some tirade against another member. Can't remember for sure myself!

I like your humour, Stefan. And yes, Mr. Camembert seems to illicit the occasional brandishing of handbags from time to time.

And as for some of the "characters" on TRF...yeah, we've got some doozies for sure (present company excepted, of course )...
Old 19 February 2008, 12:31 AM   #47
Stef_Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
The one you mention probably contained some tirade against another member. Can't remember for sure myself!

I like your humour, Stefan. And yes, Mr. Camembert seems to illicit the occasional brandishing of handbags from time to time.

And as for some of the "characters" on TRF...yeah, we've got some doozies for sure (present company excepted, of course )...
Of course
Now you will have to excuse me. Im off to XXROLEXPARASDISEXX to spend $400,000 on the new 44mm Daytona that is being released at Basel this year :)
Old 19 February 2008, 12:35 AM   #48
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now you will have to excuse me. Im off to XXROLEXPARASDISEXX to spend $400,000 on the new 44mm Daytona that is being released at Basel this year :)
Pics when you get it!
Old 19 February 2008, 03:59 AM   #49
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
That is Earl Camembert aka Eugene Levy. Do a search on "Earl Camembert" it is scary, the interweb never forgets.
Earl Camembert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2008, 04:31 AM   #50
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
[QUOTE=Earl Camembert;462100]EBay only got a few hundred. The ex got $200,000 and my three children got the other $100,000.

I can almost understand the hostility toward the wife, but the childern? Maybe I read you remarks incorrectly. Hey, at least you got me reading your posts.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2008, 05:10 AM   #51
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is Earl Camembert aka Eugene Levy. Do a search on "Earl Camembert" it is scary, the interweb never forgets.
Ummmmm, Earl... I posted a heck of a lot of info on Camembert/Levy/Bobby Bittman/et al a few posts back. And BTW, it would more appropriately be "Eugene Levy, AKA Earl Camembert (a kind of cheese, by the way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camembert_(cheese) )"...
Old 19 February 2008, 08:28 AM   #52
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
other than the interesting members' comments and verbal repartee, this has all become somewhat, boring, no? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........
best, dan
p.s. will someone wake me up when the REAL insults start? i wanna be online for that phase! and could someone bring back WALTER, please, just for a couple of laughs?
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2008, 08:49 AM   #53
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
other than the interesting members' comments and verbal repartee, this has all become somewhat, boring, no? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........
best, dan
p.s. will someone wake me up when the REAL insults start? i wanna be online for that phase! and could someone bring back WALTER, please, just for a couple of laughs?
LOL - I'm just amazed it has gone on as long as it has.

Many's the time I've wanted to put it out of it's misery, only to pull back and let it live once again!