The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 10 October 2010, 09:49 PM   #1
bpanther15
"TRF" Member

Best "grey market" dealers in England?

Hello all, and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong board!

I've finally decided it's time to own a beautiful Rolex, and I was looking for some advice on where to buy on in England.

I've been doing some research, and while it seems that authorised dealers are the best place to purchase, a lot of owners find really good deals (and get warranties) buying from grey market dealers.

Can any UK users recommend some reputable dealers out there? I would preferably want one that accepts deposits with full payment a few weeks later (unfortunately, I can't buy a rolex with 1 paycheque but I can with 2!)

I am after a submariner like the one below, and my budget is around £2,500-£3,000 (is that the right sort of price for an entry level Submariner?)

Any help would be much appreciated!

bpanther15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Alan G
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpanther15 View Post
Hello all, and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong board!

I've finally decided it's time to own a beautiful Rolex, and I was looking for some advice on where to buy on in England.

I've been doing some research, and while it seems that authorised dealers are the best place to purchase, a lot of owners find really good deals (and get warranties) buying from grey market dealers.

Can any UK users recommend some reputable dealers out there? I would preferably want one that accepts deposits with full payment a few weeks later (unfortunately, I can't buy a rolex with 1 paycheque but I can with 2!)

I am after a submariner like the one below, and my budget is around £2,500-£3,000 (is that the right sort of price for an entry level Submariner?)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Try Blowers, I see you have found them already also Ancient & Modern www.ancientandmodernjewellers.co.uk/ I purchased from them after Credit checking the company looking at feed back on ebay, they have been around over 50 years being a bit cynical I check the serials with lost & stolen at rolex for a safe guard and looking at the value of their recent sales I considered them well safe to deal with, hope this helps
Alan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2010, 10:58 PM   #3
MikeJaye

Rolexroz...no one out there can beat this guy for prices!

Not a bricks and mortar dealer, more of a one man band but he's been around for ages and a top guy. Basically go to an AD to try the watch on then give Rolexroz a call.

PM me for details.

Mike
MikeJaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 12:46 AM   #4
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaye View Post

Not a bricks and mortar dealer, more of a one man band but he's been around for ages and a top guy. Basically go to an AD to try the watch on then give Rolexroz a call.

PM me for details.

Mike
Is Rolexroz on TURF?
Old 11 October 2010, 12:51 AM   #5
MikeJaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Is Rolexroz on TURF?
Yep, think he's on here sometimes but TURF is his home ground.
MikeJaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 01:01 AM   #6
bpanther15
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies so far guys - really appreciate it
bpanther15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 03:50 AM   #7
EchoBlueUK
"TRF" Member

Blowers have HUGE selection put the prices are quite high. You can sometimes get discounts on a new watch form a AD cheaper than the preowned prices as adverised.
EchoBlueUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 04:24 AM   #8
MrTito
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, JLC Deep Sea
I'd also recommend www.watches.co.uk I sold my seadweller to them and they were superb - informed, knowledgable and very efficient. They also paid an extremely fair price. Much like Blowers they aren't that cheap but usually have a good selection. As already highlighted Blowers are superb.
MrTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 04:27 AM   #9
kermit

X2
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 04:43 AM   #10
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
I have used Blowers for my SD, get yourself on the email bulletins, they have discount codes which can be used against watch purchases. Watches of Distinction in Lymington have a good stock on sports models. I bought my GMTC there and the guys there were very helpful. their stock can be viewed online on their website and on chrono24.com

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2010, 06:42 AM   #11
ibramr
"TRF" Member

Bpanther15. Greetings. Notwithstanding some logistical issues related to importing from the US, there are excellent used 14060 (both pre M and M) from several superb TRF members here that are well in your pirce range, including another 20% VAT/duties, and then some. I am sure that you have considered it, but just in case. Best of luck, and enjoy in good health.
ibramr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 07:17 AM   #12
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx=3, Tdr=3, Om=3
I've been waiting for this thread for a long time......to allow me to get something off my chest....be wary of Blowers....be very wary...

They pulled a fast one on a friend of mine by fitting non-Rolex parts to an Explorer II during a service - I subsequently bought the watch from him and had it sorted out at Bexley....they were caught bang to rights and refused to answer any e-mails or put anything straight.....I use them as a reference page but that's it....I would never deal with them ever.....my opinion but it's first hand.....
Colnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 07:38 AM   #13
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
I've been waiting for this thread for a long time......to allow me to get something off my chest....be wary of Blowers....be very wary...

They pulled a fast one on a friend of mine by fitting non-Rolex parts to an Explorer II during a service - I subsequently bought the watch from him and had it sorted out at Bexley....they were caught bang to rights and refused to answer any e-mails or put anything straight.....I use them as a reference page but that's it....I would never deal with them ever.....my opinion but it's first hand.....
Bloody Hell, that is out of order. The watch I bought was BNIB thankfully untouched by their service dept.

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 07:59 AM   #14
andy tims
"TRF" Member

http://www.secondtimeround.com/ for pre-owned

http://www.hackettwatches.com/ for pre-owned or new. Ask for Dominic & feel free to mention my name.
andy tims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 07:26 PM   #15
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaye View Post

PM me for details.

Mike
Agree with this.
I am fortunate to know Rolexroz personally and he is an absolute gentleman and utterly trustworthy.

cannot recommend him enough!
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2010, 10:52 AM   #16
chazha
"TRF" Member

Watch: mickey watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
http://www.secondtimeround.com/ for pre-owned

http://www.hackettwatches.com/ for pre-owned or new. Ask for Dominic & feel free to mention my name.
I had a deal with Hackettwatches.com

Went to his office in the city area I believe. Great guy!!
Old 11 January 2015, 01:16 AM   #17
Iamdisturbance
"TRF" Member

Has anyone got contact details for RolexRoz? I PM'd back in December to no avail.
Iamdisturbance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2015, 07:29 AM   #18
m-abz-t
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ,Sub,Speedy
Anyone else had experience buying from watchesofdistinction.com ? Some good range there but abit pricey compared to other places.
m-abz-t is offline   Reply With Quote