The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 April 2009, 03:49 AM   #31
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie_lex View Post
poor man's daytona? ;p

... or is the Daytona a yuppie's SpeedyPro?
Old 4 April 2009, 03:54 AM   #32
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKLinLA View Post
Am not knowledgeable on Omegas/Speedmasters, .... so this is likely incredibly stupid , but why are the Speedmaster Automatic generally lower priced that the Speedmaster Professional?

Is it the movement? Automatic movement, Cal. 3220 vs the 1861/1863?
You have the increased case size of the Pro and I guess that Omega considers the Lemania movement to be of a higher calibre to the ETA 2892/DD Module used in your model pictured.

Oh and the heritage of the "moonwatch" course, after all Rolex charge a couple of grand extra per watch for that.
Old 25 March 2015, 10:14 AM   #33
rollee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: it watching me
Excellent post I found late. I am about to pull the trigger on the moon watch.
I've been reading everything about it and amazed by the price.

Think I narrowed to the original 3570 because of originality, I also thought the sapphire will loose the omega logo in the centre compared with the hesalite.
Here is my question, if anyone knows the Omega logo printed upside down be normal?

I learned about the delrin brake here, the fact of less wear compare to metal is reassuring.

I am on the fence about precision, if running +10 is considered normal, I'll go nuts.
Old 1 April 2015, 02:52 AM   #34
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
poor man's daytona? ;p
I disagree. I own both, 2 daytonas, and 1 speedmaster. Ofcourse if I was gonna be stranded on an island, I would take the daytona but the speedmaster is a brilliantly made watch and is extremely handsome and wears well on all sorts of straps. They are in 2 different leagues, but doesnt mean its a poor mans version, they are both excellent.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2015, 03:37 AM   #35
wildboar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
poor man's daytona? ;p

Because NASA spent all money on rocket so they could not afford daytona :)
wildboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2015, 07:11 AM   #36
HongNinja
Banned

Watch: 228238, 114060
I'm a HARDCORE Rolex fan, but I really love Omega. The Speedmaster is hands down one of the top 10 most iconic and reliable watches of all time. I've been wanting one forever, and about 4 hours ago my first 3570.50 arrived, and I love it. I was a little worried about the Hesalite crystal as I've always had sapphire, but I like the idea it can be buffed or replaced much cheaper then a sapphire crystal. We shall see how it holds up in my rotation because I wear all my watches.

I think the Speedmaster is a bargain price for what you get, and Omega is one of the best horology makers in the history of the game.
HongNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2016, 03:45 PM   #37
J-E
"TRF" Member

i know this is an old topic but i like to share my findings on the speedmaster. I bought a new hesalite speedmaster two months ago. Beautiful watch, lots of history, iconic and so on. The accuracy was suprisingly good. from the start it was running +3 to +4 seconds every 24h. But even better...now, two months later it is running +0,5sec every 24h. it seriously improved. i love the watch. my subc is in its box for 2 straight weeks already :)
J-E is offline   Reply With Quote