The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 9 February 2017, 12:43 PM   #211
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Well, you don't have to worry about him anymore....

Do you think your new coach has a better than 30% chance of beating Bellichek next season?

I expect a 6-0 AFC East Steamrolling by the Pats again. None of these teams will beat Pats next year...,including the upstart Dolphins...
Pats are in real good shape to repeat. They should be better next year and will lose hardly any key players. Plus they are in phenomenal shape in regards to the salary cap. They may even trade Jimmy G for some top draft picks.
Old 9 February 2017, 02:09 PM   #212
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Well, you don't have to worry about him anymore....

Do you think your new coach has a better than 30% chance of beating Bellichek next season?

I expect a 6-0 AFC East Steamrolling by the Pats again. None of these teams will beat Pats next year...,including the upstart Dolphins...
Let me put it this way. You're a dolphin fan if I recall correctly? You want them to bring on Rex as your DC? How about let go of AG and make Rex the HC?

Easy to defend the pile of dogs when it's not on your porch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I can't believe he gets paid over $30 million per year.

Can the NFL really not employ a better manager for less? Goodell, an NFL lifer whose main talent is office politics, gets paid more than the NBA pays LeBron
Let's be honest the NFL has flourished under this clowns tenure whether he had all to do with it or not
Old 9 February 2017, 07:11 PM   #213
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Second, Brady shared his cell phone records. There was no need for the league to have the physical device. People seem to conveniently forget that he did cooperate.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspin.com
The forensic examiner found a total of 557 text messages sent between Oct. 5, 2014 and Nov. 4, 2014. The examiner found that Brady had not exchanged any text messages with Patriots equipment manager David Schoenfield, equipment assistant John Jastremski, or locker room attendant Jim McNally. It doesn’t seem that the forensic examiner searched for messages containing any of the Wells preferred search terms like “deflate” and PSI.”

The discerning reader will notice that we’re left with a gap between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 5, 2015 in which the contents of Brady’s text messages are unavailable. Considering that the AFC Championship game was contested on January 18, 2015, this is a crucial four-month period. This is the destroyed cell phone that so rankled Ted Wells and Roger Goodell.
It seems to me that other people are conveniently forgetting that he did not cooperate for the more relevant period.
Old 9 February 2017, 07:14 PM   #214
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
After random leaks came from the NFL and went to ESPN that were completely false if I was Brady I wouldn't cooperate with NFL either. Especially if I had compromising photos of my SUPERMODEL wife on my phone there is no way in hell I would let it out of my own hands, especially with the NFL's inability to keep information internal.
He was never asked to give his phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells during the appeal
We wanted two buckets of information. We wanted him to take the phone, look at the text messages, e-mails, run the search terms that we set forth and give us any communications with anybody about deflation or inflation. So if Mr. Brady had talked to an assistant coach or talked to the second-team quarterback about these issues, we would get that material.
Old 9 February 2017, 10:13 PM   #215
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
No
Old 9 February 2017, 10:43 PM   #216
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
1. Brady was not obligated to give his personal cell phone. Knowing Goodell/NFL, I would not have given over the phone/records.

2. Goodell did have the Patriots' employees work phones which would have provided the relevant texts/communications between Brady and the employees during the relevant period. ( Also, Wells did interview all the employees and Brady as well but you never find that in the Wells Report)

3. As noted in the article I cited by Sally Jenkins, " You also discover Footnote No. 11.

Goodell’s own buried footnote says that during the appeal before him, Brady and his agents furnished comprehensive cellphone records, including records of 10,000 text messages, and offered to help find and reconstruct all relevant communications.

Goodell rejected the offer as “not practical.” Actually nothing would have been easier. Brady’s phone records showed he communicated with just 28 league-affiliated people. It was clear from the phone numbers which of them were Patriots employees in a position to manipulate game balls. It should have been a simple matter to discern whether Brady destroyed relevant communications with them. "

I wouldn't have given Goodell my records anyways/pry into my personal life and he DID move the finish line, as the article pointed out.

/
Quote:
No.

It seems to me that other people are conveniently forgetting that he did not cooperate for the more relevant period.
Old 9 February 2017, 11:28 PM   #217
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
No
Did you even read the quote I posted? It seems you didn't even try. Moreover:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspin.com
Wells was clear that he didn’t want to actually take possession of Brady’s phone. Rather, he wanted Brady to have somebody search the contents of his text messages and emails and turn over the ones that contained certain key words, or were exchanged with certain key figures. Wells said multiple times that he told Brady’s agent, Don Yee, that he would trust Yee to be forthright and turn over all relevant messages.

But on the advice of his agents, Brady declined to do so. At the appeal hearing, Wells was unmistakeable in how pivotal this choice was in his eventual findings: “I think that was one of the most ill-advised decisions I have ever seen because it hurt how I viewed his credibility.”
Old 9 February 2017, 11:33 PM   #218
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
1. Brady was not obligated to give his personal cell phone. Knowing Goodell/NFL, I would not have given over the phone/records.

2. Goodell did have the Patriots' employees work phones which would have provided the relevant texts/communications between Brady and the employees during the relevant period. ( Also, Wells did interview all the employees and Brady as well but you never find that in the Wells Report)

3. As noted in the article I cited by Sally Jenkins, " You also discover Footnote No. 11.

Goodell’s own buried footnote says that during the appeal before him, Brady and his agents furnished comprehensive cellphone records, including records of 10,000 text messages, and offered to help find and reconstruct all relevant communications.

Goodell rejected the offer as “not practical.” Actually nothing would have been easier. Brady’s phone records showed he communicated with just 28 league-affiliated people. It was clear from the phone numbers which of them were Patriots employees in a position to manipulate game balls. It should have been a simple matter to discern whether Brady destroyed relevant communications with them. "

I wouldn't have given Goodell my records anyways/pry into my personal life and he DID move the finish line, as the article pointed out.

/
Again, Brady gave access to two of his phones. One that was active between March 6, 2015 and April 8, 2015. This one was irrelevant to the case.
The other phone was active between May 23, 2014 and Nov. 5, 2014. This one too is irrelevant to the case.

There's a gap between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 6, 2015. The AFC Championship game was contested on January 18, 2015.
Old 9 February 2017, 11:34 PM   #219
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I'm a Bears fan and don't care much about the AFC or the Patriots. But this was an injustice.

It was widely reported that some owners held a lingering belief that Goodell gave Kraft a slap on the wrist for Spygate. It was also widely reported that Goodell was using deflategate to even the score for the Spygate punishment.

Goodell's defaltegate investigation made Barney Fife look like an FBI special agent. The league ignored exculpatory information and shaped the story in the media to make Brady appear to be stonewalling when he was cooperating. And League management revised and manipulated the Wells report to reflect the end state Goodell wanted. Their process was intentionally corrupted by league management and was a stain on the NFL, but the owners with a Spygate grudge supported and promoted Goodell's efforts. That's why Goodell is still Commissioner, he was supporting owners who wanted blood.

The final ruling on the suspension had zero to do with the merits of the investigation, or whether Brady was guilty of cheating. It was entirely based on the contract between the union and the league. The CBA gives the Commissioner the authority to be a tyrant, and players (Brady) have no recourse within the CBA to oppose the Commissioner's tyranny.

The Patriots haters will always believe that Brady cheated, no matter how convincing the argument that Goodell needed to hammer Brady to settle the owner's score against Kraft.
Old 9 February 2017, 11:41 PM   #220
warrior
"TRF" Member

And he offered to find those communications in that gap anyways and was rejected by Goodell. Doesn't matter --given the totality of the circumstances and given the million dollar investigation and the other NFL owners' jealousy, Goodell wanted to implicate Brady and just couldn't find the proof.
Quote:
Again, Brady gave access to two of his phones. One that was active between March 6, 2015 and April 8, 2015. This one was irrelevant to the case.
The other phone was active between May 23, 2014 and Nov. 5, 2014. This one too is irrelevant to the case.

There's a gap between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 6, 2015. The AFC Championship game was contested on January 18, 2015.
Old 10 February 2017, 12:20 AM   #221
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
no
Old 10 February 2017, 12:29 AM   #222
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
no
Post #217
Old 10 February 2017, 12:29 AM   #223
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
And he offered to find those communications in that gap anyways and was rejected by Goodell. Doesn't matter --given the totality of the circumstances and given the million dollar investigation and the other NFL owners' jealousy, Goodell wanted to implicate Brady and just couldn't find the proof.
Post #217 for you too.
Old 10 February 2017, 12:40 AM   #224
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
The Patriots haters will always believe that Brady cheated, no matter how convincing the argument that Goodell needed to hammer Brady to settle the owner's score against Kraft.
I'm not a Patriots hater and I have no business in this (I live thousands of miles from US and American Football is almost of no interest here). Nonetheless, I read as much as I could about this issue after I first read of it here on this forum.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just posting my findings for the sake of the discussion. That's all.

BTW, I'm not an English native speaker so the language barrier is always present. I apologize if I'm not able to explain my thoughts clearly enough.
Old 10 February 2017, 12:42 AM   #225
warrior
"TRF" Member

I read your post. 1. Brady was under no obligation to give his personal cell phone/ records but he did so anyways and offered to find the gap 2. It doesn't matter because Goodell had the employee work phones for the relevant time period to find any texts that would implicate Brady 3. Goodell had MORE THAN ENOUGH information ALREADY and couldn't find what he wanted and was reaching. Hence the phone red herring 4. The totality of circumstances ( i.e. the background of the NFL owners' jealousy, the NFL lies, leaks, and revisions, the lack of proof and dismissal of exculpatory evidence, as Abdullah noted) should tell you all you need to know.

Quote:
Post #217 for you too.
Old 10 February 2017, 12:55 AM   #226
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
New York Times review of the Wells report conclusions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/14/o...gate.html?_r=0

More Deadspin on the science of the accusations
http://deadspin.com/the-nfls-dumbass...bug-1722289874
Old 10 February 2017, 12:57 AM   #227
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
No.
Old 10 February 2017, 01:00 AM   #228
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
I'm a Bears fan and don't care much about the AFC or the Patriots. But this was an injustice.

It was widely reported that some owners held a lingering belief that Goodell gave Kraft a slap on the wrist for Spygate. It was also widely reported that Goodell was using deflategate to even the score for the Spygate punishment.

Goodell's defaltegate investigation made Barney Fife look like an FBI special agent. The league ignored exculpatory information and shaped the story in the media to make Brady appear to be stonewalling when he was cooperating. And League management revised and manipulated the Wells report to reflect the end state Goodell wanted. Their process was intentionally corrupted by league management and was a stain on the NFL, but the owners with a Spygate grudge supported and promoted Goodell's efforts. That's why Goodell is still Commissioner, he was supporting owners who wanted blood.

The final ruling on the suspension had zero to do with the merits of the investigation, or whether Brady was guilty of cheating. It was entirely based on the contract between the union and the league. The CBA gives the Commissioner the authority to be a tyrant, and players (Brady) have no recourse within the CBA to oppose the Commissioner's tyranny.

I don't really know who you are but if I had to take a guess I'd say you were a very educated and reasonable man. I'm sure you have a lot of good friends too.

And I'm being serious when I say this.
Old 10 February 2017, 01:16 AM   #229
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
I'm not a Patriots hater and I have no business in this (I live thousands of miles from US and American Football is almost of no interest here). Nonetheless, I read as much as I could about this issue after I first read of it here on this forum.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just posting my findings for the sake of the discussion. That's all.

BTW, I'm not an English native speaker so the language barrier is always present. I apologize if I'm not able to explain my thoughts clearly enough.
Your argument suggests you only believe League sources. The problem with deflategate is that the league manipulated the ball pressure information to create a crime where none existed. Everything after that is the League creating evidence to support its conclusions that the team committed a violation.

The entire matter should have been closed when the experts found that the Patriots ball pressure had dropped exactly as predicted by the ideal gas law. The fact that the League ignored the science completely indicates that they weren't interested in exonerating the Patriots from scurrilous accusations, they were only interested in protecting the spin they already promoted that the Patriots had cheated.
Old 10 February 2017, 01:27 AM   #230
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Quote:
Your argument suggests you only believe League sources. The problem with deflategate is that the league manipulated the ball pressure information to create a crime where none existed. Everything after that is the League creating evidence to support its conclusions that the team committed a violation.

The entire matter should have been closed when the experts found that the Patriots ball pressure had dropped exactly as predicted by the ideal gas law. The fact that the League ignored the science completely indicates that they weren't interested in exonerating the Patriots from scurrilous accusations, they were only interested in protecting the spin they already promoted that the Patriots had cheated.
Touche.
Old 10 February 2017, 11:42 AM   #231
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Is this the Suber Bowl thread or a rehash of the deflategate thread?
Old 10 February 2017, 11:51 AM   #232
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Is this the Suber Bowl thread or a rehash of the deflategate thread?
Old 10 February 2017, 10:43 PM   #233
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Other than my spelling I'm not sure why I got mooned.
Old 10 February 2017, 10:50 PM   #234
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Other than my spelling I'm not sure why I got mooned.
The game is over, the conversation has drifted. No reason to scold people over the drift.
Old 11 February 2017, 01:24 AM   #235
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
One for tom

One for Abdullah

One for me

Now we're all even, and can move on

The weekend is upon us. Enjoy it.
Closed Thread