The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2024, 02:34 AM   #31
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Amen, brother. Amen. I’ll never forget my youngest son and I escaping from the in Santa Rosa, several years back. It was hard to find a clear route out of town. I live in an area that is somewhat safer, now, but still vulnerable.

I am most grateful for my new husband. After one failed marriage, and then suddenly losing my wonderful second husband, after 12 years, I had resigned myself to spending the rest of my life alone. The thing is, I don’t do well, on my own. So, I prayed about it, and asked God to send me a new boyfriend, for Christmas. That was 5 years ago. In an effort to help my cause, I joined a dating website, and saw John’s pic. Then I read his profile. He was a retired pharmacist, and had been widowed, as well. I was a retired RN. So I messaged him. We talked. Our first date was Christmas Day. We’ve been inseparable since. We were married this past October. So, God answered my prayer, and I am very thankful.

Kat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovely pic Kat. I am glad you found your forever partner.

I am also glad you and I live somewhere where it's not freezing
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 02:36 AM   #32
JTL31
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Agree with all of this, grateful for everything but it's all dependant on the fundamentals being there first.
So true Rommel! As I’ve stated above, I went through pretty negative stuff 10 yrs. ago. It included injuries, health scare, lack of reliable income for 3 yrs., house foreclosure etc. All that is past tense, life is good now. I’m in a much better place mentally, medically & financially, thank God.
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 02:57 AM   #33
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL31 View Post
So true Rommel! As I’ve stated above, I went through pretty negative stuff 10 yrs. ago. It included injuries, health scare, lack of reliable income for 3 yrs., house foreclosure etc. All that is past tense, life is good now. I’m in a much better place mentally, medically & financially, thank God.
I'm glad everything worked out for you Janet. I've been on the verge of bankruptcy and evicted from my apt in the past. It's nice to be able to enjoy collecting watches now but they are just "watches". I have close to 11 years left for retirement. The plan is to sell most and keep the ones that will go to family.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 03:34 AM   #34
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
Quote:
Amen, brother. Amen. I’ll never forget my youngest son and I escaping from the in Santa Rosa, several years back. It was hard to find a clear route out of town. I live in an area that is somewhat safer, now, but still vulnerable.

I am most grateful for my new husband. After one failed marriage, and then suddenly losing my wonderful second husband, after 12 years, I had resigned myself to spending the rest of my life alone. The thing is, I don’t do well, on my own. So, I prayed about it, and asked God to send me a new boyfriend, for Christmas. That was 5 years ago. In an effort to help my cause, I joined a dating website, and saw John’s pic. Then I read his profile. He was a retired pharmacist, and had been widowed, as well. I was a retired RN. So I messaged him. We talked. Our first date was Christmas Day. We’ve been inseparable since. We were married this past October. So, God answered my prayer, and I am very thankful.

Kat

Awesome. Good luck and God bless

Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 03:40 AM   #35
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
It's not too late to put up that plastic. A lot of cold left for this year.

Every night I thank God for being warm and dry, a good roof over my head, my wife and daughter, the wonderful life we have and the family and friends we have.
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 03:48 AM   #36
JTL31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
It's not too late to put up that plastic. A lot of cold left for this year.

Every night I thank God for being warm and dry, a good roof over my head, my wife and daughter, the wonderful life we have and the family and friends we have.
We did that yesterday, and it helped quite a bit. Lesson learned…
You have much to be thankful for. Wishing you good health & good times for years to come!

Old 16 January 2024, 05:59 AM   #37
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I am eternally grateful for the values my parents, mainly my father who taught me to treat every human equally, regardless of status and titles. I feel very strongly about this and will defend those who are belittled by those conceited and entitled types.

1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 06:55 AM   #38
JTL31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
I am eternally grateful for the values my parents, mainly my father who taught me to treat every human equally, regardless of status and titles. I feel very strongly about this and will defend those who are belittled by those conceited and entitled types.

Very nice Nicholas, well said! Wise parents, I might add.

Not a watch nor it’s value, but the current Stanley Thirst Quencher phase where children are being mocked at school for owning different “lesser” brands is appalling. In my day it was Levis jeans vs.JC Penney plain pockets.
Old 16 January 2024, 07:04 AM   #39
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
Lovely pic Kat. I am glad you found your forever partner.

I am also glad you and I live somewhere where it's not freezing

Me, too, Michelle. Watching those football players shivering, in KC, the other night, was hard for me to look at….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 09:59 AM   #40
JTL31

Quote:
. Watching those football players shivering, in KC, the other night, was hard for me to look at….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Real men can handle frozen beards and mustaches.
Many Midwesterners start to grow them for warmth during hunting & ice fishing season here. But yeah, seeing Patrick’s helmet break was on another level of cold.
Old 16 January 2024, 11:46 AM   #41
JTL31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
I'm glad everything worked out for you Janet. I've been on the verge of bankruptcy and evicted from my apt in the past. It's nice to be able to enjoy collecting watches now but they are just "watches". I have close to 11 years left for retirement. The plan is to sell most and keep the ones that will go to family.

So true Michelle, so true! Nice to hear those times are past tense for you as well. Your family will appreciate your generosity and treasure those items since they know your love of watches. Cheers!

Old 16 January 2024, 11:13 PM   #42
Rolexwatchman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post

You just got the words right out of my mouth, I’m grateful for family.
Rolexwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 02:54 AM   #43
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Such a cute dog Janet.

Yesterday I had to leave Florida unexpectedly at the last moment and fly into Ontario. The airport was closed so had to land in Toronto and wait for safer conditions. Finally made it to my destinations airport at night. No exit tunnel from the plane. Down the steps and across the tarmac , around 10 F and very heavy winds. I’ll be glad to get back in a few days.
Florida is the 11th province!
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote