The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 24 January 2010, 03:19 AM   #1
rolex16
Banned

Do not deal with tseryan *RESOLVED* He's a good guy now, it seems.

He is not a man of his word and wasted a lot of my time. I answered all his questions, sent all the pics he wanted, set up a face to face meeting and went to meet him at the designated place. Not only did he not show, he did not answer the phone when I called to find out where he was and I have not heard from him since our scheduled meeting (which was Monday, so 5 days ago). Do not let him waste your time. He is extremely rude.
Old 24 January 2010, 03:39 AM   #2
tseryan
"TRF" Member

I called Nick as I was on my, and he told me he was going to eat dinner. I drove two hours to the mall. He never picked up his phone and I waited for thirty minutes. I drove again for another two hours. This is outrageous. I *never* received a call from him after my initial call telling him that I was on my way. I don't know what game he's trying to play with all this, but I wasted five hours of time and gas, so this is extremely unbelievable.
Old 24 January 2010, 09:28 AM   #3
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
So, is he a forum member here. That isn't good.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 24 January 2010, 09:30 AM   #4
R1@160@alltimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛
Old 24 January 2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Nicko
Banned

Not losing much with this TRF'er....One post and poof...Gone..

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=109738
Old 24 January 2010, 09:40 AM   #6
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

That's a shame!

THanks for the posting!
Old 24 January 2010, 01:52 PM   #7
tseryan
"TRF" Member

TRF didn't let me post my account of the story until now. I made an immediate reply after he posted this and it said my post had to be approved. You all shouldn't be so quick to come a conclusion.

We agreed to meet an Pentagon City Mall at 7:00 on Monday. I left the house around 5:00 for the two hour drive. I called him around six to let him know I was on my way and that I was going to be a bit late because of afternoon traffic down the beltway. He told me he was going to eat dinner. I arrived around 7:35 and was not able to reach him. I figured he was eating dinner, so I waited in my car for about ten minutes. I *never* received a call from him. I called him at least a dozen times before I left at 8:15. Heard the ringing each time, but he never picked up. I just drove two hours down to DC to buy a watch that I've been preparing to buy for over a week. This is absolutely outrageous that he claims I didn't show up.

This is the complete email transcript between us: http://rv2.org/email.html

If you read the email, I don't see why there would be ANY reason that I would all of sudden back out of this deal after putting so much effort and seriousness into the transaction. I also don't see why I wouldn't have just told him "Sorry, I'm not interested in the watch anymore" if I had decided to back out of the deal. There is absolutely no sign of any rudeness ANYWHERE.

There was zero reason for me to just not show up. If I was just being a jerk, it'd be a very tedious and lengthy prank on my behalf. And something I don't know why any human being would waste their time doing.

Now he has threatened to email all the sellers of various other watches I had considered before his watch to tell them to stay away from me. As far as I know, I now believe there truly was a communication error (after I left the mall, I thought he had just did a no-show on me). However, I don't understand why he is now trying to prevent me from buying a watch (which I ended up doing from an AD after dealing with this ridiculous hassle). It's childish and immature.

Also Nicko, I don't think my post count has any indication of my activity on this forum. I just purchased my first watch after reading a lot of the experiences on here. I'm new to hobby. I don't know much and don't have much to contribute at this point. I've learned a lot from these forums and it's disappointing that you are so arrogantly dismissive of people newcomers. This very much differs from the many, many other helpful members here.
Old 24 January 2010, 01:56 PM   #8
mrh1797
Banned

Watch: Love em' all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseryan View Post
TRF didn't let me post my account of the story until now. I made an immediate reply after he posted this and it said my post had to be approved. I can't believe you all are so quick to believe what he said.
I wanna hear your side of the story...
Old 24 January 2010, 01:57 PM   #9
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Well. Lets hear it. What's your side?
Old 24 January 2010, 02:04 PM   #10
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Did you show up for the meeting? Did you call him to reschedule, or let the man know you couldn't make it? If something came up, You should explain. Not to us, but the person you arranged to meet. Your word goes a long way here. You should probably call, or PM Rolex16 to make it right. If your not being honest, let him know. It sounds like this man sat in an empty parking lot waiting for a phantom..I'm sure you can understand.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:21 PM   #11
tseryan
"TRF" Member

I just posted my side of the story. I was surprised that I was finally allowed to respond to this thread.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:28 PM   #12
rolex16
Banned

Just to update everyone, he and I exchanged PMs and emails earlier today about this. He claims he showed up and called me about a dozen times in 30 minutes. This is not true. I was at the mall where we agreed to meet and had my phone on, made and received calls during that time including to him. I also sent him a text message - he claims he did not receive it because he does not have a texting plan. I then emailed him the next morning (we were supposed to meet at 7PM and I went back to my hotel at 8:40) thinking he might have had an accident or something, and let him know I had not heard from him and asked him if he still wanted the watch. My thought was to give him the benefit of the doubt and perhaps reschedule the deal in case something had happened and it was not his fault. I did not hear from him until today when I made this post and PMd him that I would let people here know that they should not deal with him.

Those are the facts. You be the judge.

This was a business trip for me and I lugged a Rolex in my carry-on from FL to VA, sat at the mall for almost 2 hours and then brought my watch back. This is a DJ that has been in the sale section for a couple of months. Why on earth would I, after trying to sell a watch for 2 months, having a cash in person deal pending not show? Makes no sense.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:38 PM   #13
tseryan
"TRF" Member

Had you told me this the day after, I would have gladly rescheduled.

It makes no sense that I wouldn't show. I spoke to you over the phone right as I was driving. It would be insane to believe that I set this all up just to waste your time.

You sent me an email the day after only saying "I never heard back from you last night. Do you still want the watch?" At that point, I thought you purposely did not show up and decided to ridicule me with such a curt email. I considered it over then and did not bother replying to the email.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:39 PM   #14
tseryan
"TRF" Member

Had you told me that was what happened, I would have gladly rescheduled.

It makes no sense for me not to show up. I even spoke to you over the phone as I was driving to let you know I was on my way. What kind of person would ever set all this up to waste your time? It's unthinkable.

I did receive a short email from you the day after "I never heard back from you last night. Do you still want the watch?". After driving five hours and unable to contact you, I interpreted this as a ridiculing email. I put it behind me and did not bother to reply.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:40 PM   #15
rolex16
Banned

It's funny that in all those calls, not one voicemail was left. No - "I'm standing here at Tourneau, where are you?" Even if a cell signal was lost and I had not answered, the voicemail would have been delivered. Also interesting that I was the one to reach out to him the next morning and get no reply. Again, why would I do that if I had blown off the meeting?

I did not threaten anything by the way - I alerted him that I would let people on this forum know because his behavior to me was inexcusable. I do not want anyone else to get stood up. To me, looking out for one another is a big part of what this forum is about and I have done deals with some good guys and felt it was the right thing to do.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:40 PM   #16
rolex16
Banned

I emailed you the next day - did you respond?
Old 24 January 2010, 02:46 PM   #17
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Guys, as nosy as I would like to be, I'm going to quit reading. You guys need to take this into a private area, and talk about it. You both seem to be good guys. No need to ruin either person in public until it's resolved. You may find that it was an honest mixup, and try to meet again.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:48 PM   #18
rolex16
Banned

I agree Paris.

I have laid out everything I need to say here. Each person that reads this thread can be the judge and decide whether to deal with Ryan or me in the future. I have other references from TRF folks and I'm sure they will vouch for me.

I have decided not to deal with Ryan again myself.

I apologize for the long post and back and forth. Like I said, just wanted to help out other members.
Old 24 January 2010, 02:49 PM   #19
mrh1797
Banned

This deal is a bummer...I agree with you Paul better handled behind the scenes...it is strange because it appears both sides put in a lot of effort to make this deal go????? Good luck to both you guys!!

MH
Old 24 January 2010, 02:55 PM   #20
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

No worries. You guys seem to care about this hobby as much as the rest of us. It turns into a contest, and could look a little distateful towards both if it continued in this direction. Did you atleast go into Tourneou's? I would have walked out with a new watch if I went there again!
Old 24 January 2010, 02:58 PM   #21
tseryan
"TRF" Member

Now that I've read his side of the story, I believe there was an honest mixup. I don't understand why he still feels that I would do something so ridiculous, but like he said, all the facts are here. The stories match up pretty well; it's just matter of who contacted or couldn't contact who. I would have loved to have purchased that watch. It was a good price and looked wonderful.

I'm merely here to preserve my reputation, not to slander him. I have references as well that can vouch for me, and this is my last post on this matter. I'm sorry that there are so many posts and I wish he had contacted me to discuss this rather than to let it all out here, but what happens happens.
Old 24 January 2010, 03:00 PM   #22
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
I think you guys should just call it quits...we heard both side of the story and i dont know who to believe..Like Paul said this should be settled privately..a mere understanding should not led to bashing on each other..This things happens...i know a guy who said done deal and went 3 hours to meet him after 2 hours of driving he called me and told me to turn around because he feel sick...but before that we were just talking to each other and told him im on my way...it happens it sucks but its part of it..you have to prepare specially if the buyer or seller is a first timer...just be aware..
Old 24 January 2010, 07:52 PM   #23
walds11
"TRF" Member

I shouldn't of continued to read this thread. Please take this up privately and then post a resolution or something.
Old 24 January 2010, 08:23 PM   #24
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Also Nicko, I don't think my post count has any indication of my activity on this forum.
Well, it kinda does..

This was your first post...Hello? How are you? My name is? How about a little common courtesy? That would be nice, maybe an introduction? Come on, and you blame me for accusing you of doing a Houdini act? Gimmie a break.

Quote:
Does anyone know what exactly are the difference between the new and the old Datejust (e.g. 116234 vs. 16234)?

I noticed they have thicker stick markers on the dial and I've read that the bracelet is improved. It's about a 30% price difference for a used newer revision vs. older revision with essentially the same look, same age, similar condition. Are there any other major differences that would warrant getting the newer revision over the older one?
Quote:
I've learned a lot from these forums and it's disappointing that you are so arrogantly dismissive of people newcomers.
I didn't dismiss you, you kinda did that on your own after this little story.

Quote:
Now that I've read his side of the story, I believe there was an honest mixup. I don't understand why he still feels that I would do something so ridiculous, but like he said, all the facts are here. The stories match up pretty well; it's just matter of who contacted or couldn't contact who. I would have loved to have purchased that watch. It was a good price and looked wonderful.

I'm merely here to preserve my reputation, not to slander him. I have references as well that can vouch for me, and this is my last post on this matter. I'm sorry that there are so many posts and I wish he had contacted me to discuss this rather than to let it all out here, but what happens happens.
Now, after all this.....

Anyway, welcome to the forum and please let's hear a little about you and the hobby. A little participation and introduction goes a long way in "Building a reputation" you know..
Old 25 January 2010, 09:56 AM   #25
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Take this up in private.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 25 January 2010, 11:47 AM   #26
marcinthemiddle
Vacated

Watch: PAM 111 'N'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Take this up in private.
Old 26 January 2010, 10:01 AM   #27
rolex16
Banned

Update, Resolution, and My Apology To Ryan

I wanted to post an update & resolution.

I owe Ryan a HUGE apology. He did in fact try to call me several times on the evening of our meeting.

I took the suggestions offered here and contacted Ryan privately to figure out what happened. We swapped cell phone logs and I contacted our wireless provider (we have the same one) as well. Basically, we both called each other that night, but for some reason, neither of us received the calls. The logs are clear that we both made the effort.

It was my mistake to not contact him again after my email to him on Tuesday and before posting this review here, and I am very sorry to him and the other members of TRF.

Nick
Old 27 January 2010, 12:14 AM   #28
mrh1797
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex16 View Post
I wanted to post an update & resolution.

I owe Ryan a HUGE apology. He did in fact try to call me several times on the evening of our meeting.

I took the suggestions offered here and contacted Ryan privately to figure out what happened. We swapped cell phone logs and I contacted our wireless provider (we have the same one) as well. Basically, we both called each other that night, but for some reason, neither of us received the calls. The logs are clear that we both made the effort.

It was my mistake to not contact him again after my email to him on Tuesday and before posting this review here, and I am very sorry to him and the other members of TRF.

Nick

Hey Nick,,

Classy of you to publicly offer an apology!

MH
Old 27 January 2010, 12:56 AM   #29
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Nick,

My suggestion is to start another thread with an appropriate title, since this one will a) pop up in google results if anyone searches for TSERYAN and b) give a wrong impression to those who don't read the whole thread. If there was a wrong, make it right.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 27 January 2010, 12:57 AM   #30
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Nick,

My suggestion is to start another thread with an appropriate title, since this one will a) pop up in google results if anyone searches for TSERYAN and b) give a wrong impression to those who don't read the whole thread. If there was a wrong, make it right.
absolutely right

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread