The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 December 2006, 06:20 PM   #1
ROLEX4EvEr
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Back
Icon5 Very sad day for me

I just found out that Santa/my Wife wont get me what I had on my list. It was a SS Sea Dweller or Sub, I found a 2001 SD mint condition for $3999. An she dropped the bomb on me today. She isnt gonna get it for me, "she cant afford it" I thought it was a dream .... I replayed her words in my head over a million times No Fred I cant get it.

I guess I should have spent more than the 2 grand I spent on her for Christmas. Man I feel like I just lost my best friend, I guess I shouldnt be so sad but thats all I wanted nothing else!!!! It could be my Christmas/Birthday gift Im not gredy right?

In just the 3 months of marrage I got her a 2006 SS DJ, A toy dog that cost me $1500. forget the rest (shots,meds,toys,etc etc) then it''ll be a $4,000 dog lol. Shopping Sprees, Coach bags (damn Coach saleswoman know my name). I dont mean to bring up what I bought her in 3 months, But damn all I wanted was a Rolex I deserve!

Grrrrr I hope this is just a dream, Ok let me stop bitching I just had to vent off to someone, If I told this to someone who didnt have a passion for watches/Rolex then they wouldnt understand. An I couldnt hurt my wife by telling her my feelings it would crush her.
ROLEX4EvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 06:26 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Sorry to hear that, Freddy. Maybe she's got a nice surprise in store for you. Who knows?

Whatever it is, she's still your beloved wife and that is the most important thing of all.

Be diplomatic and DO NOT hurt her feelings. I'm sure you can afford to buy your own SD. If you've bought her gifts, then it's only 'cause she's your wife. Remember, she will do the world for you and your kids.

Merry Christmas, pal.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 06:26 PM   #3
tag_addict

Watch: T-Touch Carbon
I never ask my girlfriend to buy me watches because I know the ones i love are much more than she can afford and wouldnt let her spend that much given shes going to university soon as well. I usually buy my own gifts.
There are two ways to look at it

You spent all the money on her because you love and care for her. She cant afford it (PS - youre getting raped on the 3999 for a 2001 SD), meaning she doesnt physically have the funds to do it and it would bankrupt her to visa it up. Therefore its impossible for her. Im sure if she had the funds she would buy it.
OR
You can hate her for not buying you a piece of metal that will not outlast the love you two share (PST - wrong choice)

Anyway...

you bought her everything because YOU could afford it and you love her very much and she loves you. I bet shes more heartbroken. Nothing kills me more than not buying something for ashley when she wants it badly. (When funds do not permit). Im sure shell either surprise you with it, or else buy you something she can afford from the heart :)
Cheer up, you have a great woman.
Now go buy the SD yourself. :)

Merry Christmas. Im sure next year youll get exactly what you want
tag_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 06:30 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

TA's right. $4K for a 2001 SD is waaaaaaaaay too much. You can get a brand new one for around $4500 after discount.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 24 December 2006, 06:32 PM   #5
tag_addict

PS - JJ I went to the AD yesterday and tried on the TT sub. You are a lucky man. But 10kCND was too much for a poor old university student ;)
Old 24 December 2006, 06:33 PM   #6
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Generally the best presents are given to oneself. Sad, but true.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 06:35 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag_addict View Post
PS - JJ I went to the AD yesterday and tried on the TT sub. You are a lucky man. But 10kCND was too much for a poor old university student ;)
WOW! That is a ridiculous price. Was that the final price or just the list price? If so, was any discount available?

Old 24 December 2006, 06:39 PM   #8
tag_addict

Not true about the present thing. This year I got a carbon fibre Ttouch, and a whole wardrobe (literally) from my ashley. Even though it wasnt a platinum president or a TT sub like JJ has, it was the nicest thing Ive ever gotten from anyone, including myself. Just means alot that out of all the money she had, she spent 99% of it on me. She worked hard and she put off all the things she wanted to make me happy. Greatest feeling.

I usually get a 20% ish discount from my AD on all watches,
but I couldve gotten this one for 8kCAD everything in.
Not too shabby, but still your pricing is MUCH better im sure.
Old 24 December 2006, 06:47 PM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Not true about the present thing. This year I got a carbon fibre Ttouch, and a whole wardrobe (literally) from my ashley. Even though it wasnt a platinum president or a TT sub like JJ has, it was the nicest thing Ive ever gotten from anyone, including myself. Just means alot that out of all the money she had, she spent 99% of it on me. She worked hard and she put off all the things she wanted to make me happy. Greatest feeling.

I usually get a 20% ish discount from my AD on all watches,
but I couldve gotten this one for 8kCAD everything in.
Not too shabby, but still your pricing is MUCH better im sure.
I guess 8K CAD cannot be considered too bad after discount. Yes, my pricing here definitely better, but then your Canadian taxes are just too damn high!!

Old 24 December 2006, 06:59 PM   #10
Flyjet601
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Sorry to hear about your wife not buying you a Rolex...SO GO BUY YOUR OWN!!!

I have been happily married for 13 years(and 2 kids) and have never worried about what gifts my wife is going to by me.
This Xmas I just bought her a 0.63 Carat rock that sits on her finger right now.......I got an iPod(little difference in the price), I dont care!!! I love the Ipod, I wanted one( I also went out and bought my own SD!!!)

You should be happy that you are married to a beautiful woman that will last alot longer than any watch.

Flyjet601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 07:00 PM   #11
Flyjet601
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was looking at a black and a blue TT sub.......BNIB...$6140 USD(...and no tax)
Old 24 December 2006, 07:02 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyjet601 View Post
I was looking at a black and a blue TT sub.......BNIB...$6140 USD(...and no tax)
Good price, Larry....but I did better than that!!

Old 24 December 2006, 07:04 PM   #13
bolmida

i think you should take back her stuff-- its not too late
bolmida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 07:05 PM   #14
Flyjet601
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Good price, Larry....but I did better than that!!
How much better????
Old 24 December 2006, 07:07 PM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmida View Post
You mean take back like actually take back whatever gifts he's given his own wife?

I think the love he shares with his beloved wife is more important than all the gifts in the world. Whatever he's given his wife would have been out of sheer love for her. So why would he want to go and spoil a good thing, more so at this time of year, by doing something so stupid?

I do hope you mean well, pal.

JJ

Old 24 December 2006, 07:11 PM   #16
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
I guess 8K CAD cannot be considered too bad after discount. Yes, my pricing here definitely better, but then your Canadian taxes are just too damn high!!
Same problem here in SA.The high imp taxes on luxury goods,make the list extremely high,BUT,I got less 25% and it also makes the value of the trade in more....so a good deal at the end .....
Blue Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 07:28 PM   #17
Rodmo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 Subs/2 Daytonas
Quote:
You mean take back like actually take back whatever gifts he's given his own wife?

I think the love he shares with his beloved wife is more important than all the gifts in the world. Whatever he's given his wife would have been out of sheer love for her. So why would he want to go and spoil a good thing, more so at this time of year, by doing something so stupid?

I do hope you mean well, pal.

JJ
I agree. All the material things in the world don't come close to the value of a loving and healthy relationship. I enjoy my watches as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day they are just "things". They can't keep you warm at night.........

Cheers..........Rod
Rodmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 07:30 PM   #18
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodmo View Post
I agree. All the material things in the world don't come close to the value of a loving and healthy relationship. I enjoy my watches as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day they are just "things". They can't keep you warm at night.........

Cheers..........Rod
Mine keep each other warm at night, though!!

Old 24 December 2006, 08:48 PM   #19
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
Generally the best presents are given to oneself. Sad, but true.
I agree -- when it comes to STUFF. When it comes to the thought though, I am dropped to my knees when someone just remembers me.
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 09:12 PM   #20
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
I agree -- when it comes to STUFF. When it comes to the thought though, I am dropped to my knees when someone just remembers me.
Exactly. The things that mean the most to me are unprompted thoughts from friends, and even something simple as a birthday email from a friend who's over the other side of the world.

Sure, stuff is great (really great!), but at the end of the day I ask for nothing more than love and thoughts, and a day spent with those I truly love is really all I need.
Old 24 December 2006, 11:24 PM   #21
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLEX4EvEr View Post
I just found out that Santa/my Wife wont get me what I had on my list. It was a SS Sea Dweller or Sub, I found a 2001 SD mint condition for $3999. An she dropped the bomb on me today. She isnt gonna get it for me, "she cant afford it" I thought it was a dream .... I replayed her words in my head over a million times No Fred I cant get it.

I guess I should have spent more than the 2 grand I spent on her for Christmas. Man I feel like I just lost my best friend, I guess I shouldnt be so sad but thats all I wanted nothing else!!!! It could be my Christmas/Birthday gift Im not gredy right?

In just the 3 months of marrage I got her a 2006 SS DJ, A toy dog that cost me $1500. forget the rest (shots,meds,toys,etc etc) then it''ll be a $4,000 dog lol. Shopping Sprees, Coach bags (damn Coach saleswoman know my name). I dont mean to bring up what I bought her in 3 months, But damn all I wanted was a Rolex I deserve!

Grrrrr I hope this is just a dream, Ok let me stop bitching I just had to vent off to someone, If I told this to someone who didnt have a passion for watches/Rolex then they wouldnt understand. An I couldnt hurt my wife by telling her my feelings it would crush her.
Old 24 December 2006, 11:31 PM   #22
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust
ebay the family dog or something.
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 11:45 PM   #23
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLEX4EvEr View Post

WHAT DO YOU MEAN??!!! THERE IS NO SANTA???!!!!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 11:46 PM   #24
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
...that explains why I never get what´s on my list
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 11:48 PM   #25
BogeyFree
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmida View Post

Just kidding of course.
BogeyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 11:57 PM   #26
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Sorry to hear that bud, but it could be a setup for a surprise from your wife.

At the same time, $3999 for a 2001 SD is a rip off.
Old 25 December 2006, 12:07 AM   #27
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo View Post
ebay the family dog or something.
Yes,but is it not a "fog" (Fake dog)...... Wont get much for it though,I also dont trust the seller .....
Old 25 December 2006, 12:32 AM   #28
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Fred, I understand that you want to vent and all, but I'm compelled to say that there's just something so wrong about expecting gifts.
Old 25 December 2006, 01:20 AM   #29
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Fred, I understand that you want to vent and all, but I'm compelled to say that there's just something so wrong about expecting gifts.
I'll second that. It's the season for giving and not receiving. I expect nothing from anyone and if I want something, I'll get it myself.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2006, 01:22 AM   #30
BogeyFree
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
I'll second that. It's the season for giving and not receiving. I expect nothing from anyone and if I want something, I'll get it myself.

Well stated bro and I agree 100%.
BogeyFree is offline   Reply With Quote