The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 October 2011, 01:32 PM   #1
mpd579
"TRF" Member

Jared lost Rolex!

I know I'm behind but Jared has lost Rolex and will no longer be an AD

Most everything that they have in stock is 40%

WG Daytona $20,800
TT Daytona $9,750

My wife bought a new platinum yacht-master. $5400 sounded like a good deal 2 her lol

Calling all over the US looking for a TT daytona "panda". If anyone is in one of their stores and sees 1 let me know.

Just wanted to pass the info along
mpd579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Hkspwrsche
"TRF" Member

Yes behind but good luck!
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
You can save a call to the Franklin, TN store. No Daytona's there.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 01:45 PM   #4
MY-WATCH
"TRF" Member

Good luck
MY-WATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Rolex_Guru

There is basically 0 discounts on SS sport models. Not sure what you are looking for.
Rolex_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Suzy Cruisy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 178343 TTDJ MOP24d
Hi! I'm having a "wow, maybe what I learned yesterday could really help this guy" moment.

I spent this week seeking a very specific, recently discontinued, Omega specialty watch. I sent about 50 faxes to ADs asking if they had it. But I ALREADY knew two Omega Boutiques had it, including Seattle, but didn't really want to pay full retail. So, I called Jared in Tacoma, Wa, and asked if they had it. But I ALSO made a general inquiry, "Can't you just trade inventory with another Omega AD? The Boutique in Seattle has it." The manager of inventory, a very nice lady I forgot the name of, said, 'No, only with other Jareds". I said, Well, there a zillon Jareds, is there a way for you to search a computer or something to see if ANY Jared has what I want?". She said sure. Give her a few minutes and she'd call me back. And she did call me back in 5 min or less.

I'm just saying, call her up and see if she can search Rolexes the same way! Could save you some grief. :)

Cheers!

Suzy
The grail Rolex 178343 31mm DJ ... The every day beater 2577.50.00 - 29mm Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra ... The Olympic Special 3836.70.36 - 36mm Omega Speedmaster ... The Panda-like Speedmaster323 32 404004 001 ... Longines Evidenza
Suzy Cruisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 03:06 PM   #7
10:10:31 28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116264, 116400GV
I know that the SS models typically have little or no discount but why wouldn't they make an exception in this case seeing as how their goal is to clear out their Rolex inventory? They are just going to sit there at full MSRP. My local Jared locations have already sold pretty much everything except the non-discounted ones. Go figure.
10:10:31 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 08:13 PM   #8
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Cruisy View Post
Hi! I'm having a "wow, maybe what I learned yesterday could really help this guy" moment.

I spent this week seeking a very specific, recently discontinued, Omega specialty watch. I sent about 50 faxes to ADs asking if they had it. But I ALREADY knew two Omega Boutiques had it, including Seattle, but didn't really want to pay full retail. So, I called Jared in Tacoma, Wa, and asked if they had it. But I ALSO made a general inquiry, "Can't you just trade inventory with another Omega AD? The Boutique in Seattle has it." The manager of inventory, a very nice lady I forgot the name of, said, 'No, only with other Jareds". I said, Well, there a zillon Jareds, is there a way for you to search a computer or something to see if ANY Jared has what I want?". She said sure. Give her a few minutes and she'd call me back. And she did call me back in 5 min or less.

I'm just saying, call her up and see if she can search Rolexes the same way! Could save you some grief. :)

Cheers!

Suzy
Good idea, because most store chains are able to search inventory chain wide.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 11:25 PM   #9
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
All the Jareds by me have been cleaned out for weeks now...
Good luck
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2011, 11:44 PM   #10
Punjabusa
"TRF" Member

no discount on subs
Punjabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 12:44 AM   #11
sherwin
"TRF" Member

What dial combo is the WG daytona?
Old 16 October 2011, 12:59 AM   #12
chillviper
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona
Fine by me. I always felt like I had to get a shot of some kind after shopping there.
chillviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 02:51 AM   #13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Good idea, because most store chains are able to search inventory chain wide.
I tried this at Jared's and they had to call the other location and ask just like a customer would. No way to search inventory. Both locations were local. It was unclear if they would actually be able to swap (didn't sound too promising) and I'm certain they wouldn't if the locations were across state lines.
Old 16 October 2011, 02:54 AM   #14
Numismatist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10:10:31 28 View Post
I tried this at Jared's and they had to call the other location and ask just like a customer would. No way to search inventory. Both locations were local. It was unclear if they would actually be able to swap (didn't sound too promising) and I'm certain they wouldn't if the locations were across state lines.
I like your screen name!
Montblanc Meisterstück Diamond Mozart BP
Montblanc Meisterstück Mozart BP
Numismatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 03:04 AM   #15
Speed
"TRF" Member

Come on...the watches on mega sale are the LEAST popular / slower selling models most of us would not pay for at (nearly) any price.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 03:59 AM   #16
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Just got back from Jared in Long Island, NY. Figured maybe I would get lucky and get a great deal on a Datejust for the wife for X-mas. No such luck, they explained to me that they're a pretty new Jared and never did carry Rolex. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
NYC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 05:46 AM   #17
kelly56
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 1675 Speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Come on...the watches on mega sale are the LEAST popular / slower selling models most of us would not pay for at (nearly) any price.
Agreed.
Old 16 October 2011, 08:25 AM   #18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Both locations near me sold the black and white Milgauss models at 40% off on day one. I think those are pretty popular and I was surprised to see them discounted along with the others. They had some nice Datejusts as well but all the good stuff sold the first day or two.

Since they lost their license as an AD for Rolex is there a time limit for them to keep selling what they already have along with a Rolex warranty?
Old 16 October 2011, 08:49 AM   #19
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10:10:31 28 View Post
Both locations near me sold the black and white Milgauss models at 40% off on day one. I think those are pretty popular and I was surprised to see them discounted along with the others. They had some nice Datejusts as well but all the good stuff sold the first day or two.

Since they lost their license as an AD for Rolex is there a time limit for them to keep selling what they already have along with a Rolex warranty?
At first the Milgauss sold but now they sit and collect dust, at least around here. I have seen two blacks two whites and a green in the same case.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 11:06 AM   #20
Nashvegas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
You can save a call to the Franklin, TN store. No Daytona's there.
That's because it's sitting on my winder now. 40% off a new TT M series Daytona was too good to pass up. Looks like they are getting random stock in periodically because they had just gotten it in yesterday.

Hopefully they will drop the sport model pricing soon, too.
Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 02:07 PM   #21
levi time
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234-116520
no discount on sport model
levi time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 02:10 PM   #22
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
That's because it's sitting on my winder now. 40% off a new TT M series Daytona was too good to pass up. Looks like they are getting random stock in periodically because they had just gotten it in yesterday.

Hopefully they will drop the sport model pricing soon, too.
Congrats! What dial color was it? They had gotten a couple of TT DJ's I was looking at, ended up getting a blue dial TOG which I've wanted for awhile for 40% off.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 12:44 AM   #23
Nashvegas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
Congrats! What dial color was it? They had gotten a couple of TT DJ's I was looking at, ended up getting a blue dial TOG which I've wanted for awhile for 40% off.
White dial with gold rimmed subdials. I'm almost afraid to wear it and put any marks on it. That will pass.

Good catch on the TOG. I liked the 41mm DJ but no discount. I was told the TT and most anything with diamonds are more heavily discounted.
Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 01:32 AM   #24
emagni
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
White dial with gold rimmed subdials. I'm almost afraid to wear it and put any marks on it. That will pass.

Good catch on the TOG. I liked the 41mm DJ but no discount. I was told the TT and most anything with diamonds are more heavily discounted.
Anything with gold or TT is heavily discounted. Anything with diamond regardless of metal is not as heavily discounted.
Old 17 October 2011, 07:04 AM   #25
susan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold DJ Platty sub
Are they coming with boxes, tags, warranty card, booklets, etc...? Also do they come with a warranty from Rolex?
susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 07:39 AM   #26
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

Guess I won't have any reason to visit their stores!

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 08:11 AM   #27
emagni
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan View Post
Are they coming with boxes, tags, warranty card, booklets, etc...? Also do they come with a warranty from Rolex?
Yes. The watch comes with Rolex boxes, tags, etc. Since Jared is almost in week three of the sale, watch out for returns that have the warranty been already filled out for the previous owner since there is a 10 day return policy. In these cases, they may or may not have the rolex protective stickers or tags. Jared are not discounting further if it is a return. The price is the price as what I have been told many times.
Old 17 October 2011, 10:00 AM   #28
GRabens
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many Rolex!
Visited the store in Orlando this past Friday. My wife and I picked up Rose Gold and steel DJs on oyster bracelets. Wife's was MOP with diamands, mine White with diamonds. The case was picked over with a few gold and steel DJs and Celinis. Our two watches came in on Friday a.m. and never made it to the case. They were 40% off retail!
GRabens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 10:20 AM   #29
susan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold DJ Platty sub
They sound beautiful. Congratulations on the deals. I didn't think they were discounting that much when they have diamonds. Would love to see pictures:)
susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 10:51 AM   #30
DHG0388
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
My local Jareds said that any of the Jared's that carried Rolex are selling what they have, while there are 12 Jareds across the country that will get restocked from corporate. Originally they expected to be all done by April of 2012, but with the way they are flying out the door they are thinking they will be done by December.

SO if you are close to one of the 12 that are still getting stock you will need to check daily as they have no idea what or when it comes in. My local has standing orders from all over the US with claims of CALL ME, I will catch the next flight out. Jared will not run a credit card or ship the watch. They are still playing by the rules LOL.

Clearly these are people looking for multiple buys. They had one guy buy 35 watches and another buy 25 watches the first day. They looked beat LOL.

I want the Wall clock but I am thinking it has to go back.
DHG0388 is offline   Reply With Quote