The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 February 2006, 01:23 PM   #1
New Buyer
"TRF" Member

Pricing and Mfg dates

I have read the FAQ and am wondering if Rolex fired up production for the year 2006?

Also, can someone explain something I read about the 15% discount to work with and made a deal with your AD? Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R 1987
L 1988
E 1990
N 1991 (Nov)
C 1992
S 1993
W 1994
T 1996
U 1997 (Aug)
A 1998 (Nov)
P 2000 (Jan)
K 2001 (Sep)
Y 2002 (Sep)
F 2003 (Sep)
D 2005 (Apr)
New Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2006, 03:20 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Buyer
I have read the FAQ and am wondering if Rolex fired up production for the year 2006?

Also, can someone explain something I read about the 15% discount to work with and made a deal with your AD? Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R 1987
L 1988
E 1990
N 1991 (Nov)
C 1992
S 1993
W 1994
T 1996
U 1997 (Aug)
A 1998 (Nov)
P 2000 (Jan)
K 2001 (Sep)
Y 2002 (Sep)
F 2003 (Sep)
D 2005 (Apr)
Sorry NB, but you might have to rephrase your entire question....it's not very clear.

Thanks - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2006, 04:29 PM   #3
New Buyer
"TRF" Member

Sorry,the last time Rolex is listed as making watches (as per the FAQ) was April 2005. That was a long time ago, just about a year. Is there a new serial number to look out for that has the newest production batch made more recent than April 2005.

Secondly, I have read some postings about something that the AD have a 15% margin to work with. Some people have been able to pay in the neighbouhood of 8% off the suggested retail price at the AD. Does anyone have more inforamtion about how their pricing works?
New Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2006, 04:32 PM   #4
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Buyer
Sorry,the last time Rolex is listed as making watches (as per the FAQ) was April 2005. That was a long time ago, just about a year. Is there a new serial number to look out for that has the newest production batch made more recent than April 2005.

Secondly, I have read some postings about something that the AD have a 15% margin to work with. Some people have been able to pay in the neighbouhood of 8% off the suggested retail price at the AD. Does anyone have more inforamtion about how their pricing works?

April 2005 is when the D serial numbers started, they make watches year round and never stop. Once they hit the serial D 999,999 they will use a different letter.

It depends on where you live, some places in the world you will see 25% off on SS models and slightly more on gold and TT models. In the US I hear that 5-10% off is the max.
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2006, 05:15 PM   #5
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Roger is just about right on in reference to the pricing. Alot depends on the model you want too. A 16610 may not be discounted at all due to it's popularity. I only got 6% off my GMT. I probably could have done a little better if I had shopped around more, but the local AD wasn't budging from there.
Old 27 February 2006, 07:35 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Agree with Rodger to what you get a discount on, is down to your bargaining skills.Don't read to much into serial date letters,basically most Rolex watches have not changed that much in 50 odd years.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2006, 11:29 PM   #7
djasniew

Watch: Sea-Dweller4000
It is possible to get a 15% discount in the US. I was given 15% on an SD last week. It all depends on the AD you deal with.
djasniew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2006, 12:09 AM   #8
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djasniew
It is possible to get a 15% discount in the US. I was given 15% on an SD last week. It all depends on the AD you deal with.
Agreed, some ADs will discount some won't. At the very least if you pay cash they should take 3% off. Or you could buy out of state and save on tax.

Keep trying for a discount and know that they can be had. Just knowing that info can be helpful.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote