The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 March 2020, 02:43 PM   #1
danipan
"TRF" Member

Advice with 16710 purchase!

So I'm still in the market for my first Rolex.
I am after a 5 digit watch because I have tried on many friends' 6 digit Subs and GMTs and the super case just doesn't suit my wrist. I was initially going to go for a 16610.

But after some careful research, I have decided that a 16710 is more suited to my lifestyle. I like the "variety" that this one watch can give me, the only downside is it's much more expensive than a 16610.

I have seen an example that looks in mint condition. It is a 2007 Coke on oyster.

I actually plan to have this on jubilee once I get it.

My question is, was there a particular period or year in which the 16710 came on a jubilee? or was this simply just offered as a alternative.
Reason I ask is, I understand RSC will only sell me a Jubilee if I sacrifice the Oyster. I just want to make sure that the reference year of the 16710 I am going to purchase was officially available on Jubilee because it would suck if Rolex said they couldn't sell me a Jubilee because it wasn't an option.

Also, I would like to purchase a LN and BLRO bezel for the watch, would RSC sell these without having to sacrifice the Coke bezel currently on the watch?
danipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 03:00 PM   #2
billfredericks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss
My 16710 “Coke” is at the Dallas Service Center right now. Jubilee incoming AND my oyster coming back; however, hard “no” on additional bezel inserts (e.g. black / pepsi). Mine is an N serial (1991)—a time at which jubilee was an option for this reference. They’re nice on the phone...might be worth a call. I also understand that ADs may be able to order one for you.
billfredericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 03:05 PM   #3
ADR1982
"TRF" Member

Anyone with a Rolex parts account can get you the inserts. Some RSC will swap for you, others say no. Some will return the original others may so no. It's all over the place. Your watch doesnt have to be the exact jubilee year for you to get a jub. Many on the forum have jubilee with no consideration of year. I had a friend remove his LN insert and give to an rsc and they put a Pepsi on it.
ADR1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 04:46 PM   #4
ancientmariner
"TRF" Member

In UK you can buy a new jubilee or different bezel colour from RSC with no trade-in. Easiest is to visit RSC in Kent if you can. You need your watch with you.
Just call them to confirm.
ancientmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 04:57 PM   #5
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
In UK you can buy a new jubilee or different bezel colour from RSC with no trade-in. Easiest is to visit RSC in Kent if you can. You need your watch with you.
Just call them to confirm.
This...I did this at st james london.

I was in kent rsc the other day and the guy in front of me had a jubilee and coke insert fitted no problems.....paid a small fee extra to keep the old braclet and insert.