The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 April 2020, 09:00 AM   #1
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Send to FedEx ship center intentionally for buyer to pickup

Not sure which section I should post so I am trying here. Is it OK to deliberately send a package to a FedEx shipping center with a buyer's name and then he can pick it up from there? I haven't done it before and FedEx doesn't have this in Q&A, nor I can call their support number (they need you to have a door tag or tracking number in order to talk to a support person).

Anyone has experience?
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2020, 09:07 AM   #2
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

I do this all the time. I don't trust Fedex drivers not to dump packages that need a signature. The shipping center always requires a signature to receive the package. Great to open the package in front of the agent as a buyer, in case there are surprises.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 12:35 PM   #3
dummykid
"TRF" Member

its a good way to secure your package. In general, for high price tag item, I always request to pick up the package from UPS/Fedex facility ( not even UPS/fedex store), so I know the driver won't mess up the delivery.

There are few cases that my packages were signature required, and fedex/UPS guy signed for me and left the package outside.
dummykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 09:47 PM   #4
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

Particularly now with social distance rules, drivers are told to override signature requests - so it’s in your best interest to hold at location for person to pick up for sure
VonSlingshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 10:09 PM   #5
Bluebirdwatch1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post
its a good way to secure your package. In general, for high price tag item, I always request to pick up the package from UPS/Fedex facility ( not even UPS/fedex store), so I know the driver won't mess up the delivery.

There are few cases that my packages were signature required, and fedex/UPS guy signed for me and left the package outside.

Same here man, did they sign your name though? I’ve looked before and they signed my name!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluebirdwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 10:13 PM   #6
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSlingshot View Post
Particularly now with social distance rules, drivers are told to override signature requests - so it’s in your best interest to hold at location for person to pick up for sure

I agree and would add many new drivers are coming on board due to increased ship-to-home business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 10:41 PM   #7
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSlingshot View Post
These are some serious violations, if in fact true. Leaving a 10-20,000 watch on a porch with a fake signature from a Fed ex driver seems like a serious liability for the company if something goes wrong....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 03:33 AM   #8
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Thank you guys. I just shipped a $20k watch to the FedEx location per buyer's advise and he picked it up fine.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 03:40 AM   #9
barneb10
"TRF" Member

Ive done this, and actually prefer it.
barneb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2020, 06:49 PM   #10
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
I have been doing this for years after missing the driver or driver not delivering according to schedule on more than a couple of occasions
“Ship to hold for pick up”
Tracking let’s me know when package arrived at facility and hold avoids the package taking a tour of the city on the local truck. Prior to this, if a scheduled local delivery was missed, it would result in having to wait until the end of day or the following day depending what time the truck returned to the local facility.
Old 3 May 2020, 12:54 AM   #11
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
It’s a good idea for many items. No way they can say it was delivered without you on camera and showing 2 pieces ID.

Great for buyers and sellers.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 06:04 AM   #12
gejay99
"TRF" Member

Yes ship to hold pick up is the safest way to get to you...Right now due to COVID, deliver drivers are just dropping them off in front of your door to avoid any type of contact, regardless if it needs adult signature or not. My insurer also won't insure if it was stolen and dropped off in front of the house door -- so now I'm getting my packages at a local Fedex hold and pick up.
gejay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 07:15 AM   #13
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It’s a good idea for many items. No way they can say it was delivered without you on camera and showing 2 pieces ID.

Great for buyers and sellers.
1 ID needed. Drivers license is enough.
Old 4 May 2020, 07:36 AM   #14
arguscanis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my subs
My preferred method lately. I dont have to worry about delivery dates, and being home.
Also I seem to recall an email from one of the carriers recently about them providing an out for signature required shipments due to Covid. Sorry i deleted it now.
arguscanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:06 AM   #15
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Yes, I have done it internationally as well. Some Fed ex offices even have an option of "Hold at facility" as an option when sending items.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:13 AM   #16
-dustin

My only hangup is that the FedEx facility here is incredibly inconvenient to get to during their hours. If a seller requested that it get sent there, there’s a good chance I’d look elsewhere.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 11:14 AM   #17
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
I just bought a BNIB day date and the seller said because of cover 19 that Fed Ex won't accept signatures required for the insurance and had i had it shipped to a local FedEx Office location. No problem with pickup. I had to show my drivers license, no signature required.
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 10:01 PM   #18
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
These are some serious violations, if in fact true. Leaving a 10-20,000 watch on a porch with a fake signature from a Fed ex driver seems like a serious liability for the company if something goes wrong....
Violations or not, I just got a HVS from UPS last week.
It was supposed to be delivered with a ‘signature’ on Thursday by 1pm, it didn’t make it.
Was delayed to following day - *sigh*
So after a restless night, UPS showed up around 11am the next day.

Rings the bell and puts the box on the front step.
Driver stands back and waited for me to come to door. Tells me, it needs a signature but he just needs my permission for him to sign on my behalf.

So there you go.
It’s happening. Who takes responsibility if something goes sideways is a different story.
VonSlingshot is offline   Reply With Quote