The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 May 2020, 12:28 PM   #1
TF7’s
"TRF" Member

2 for 2 deal?

I’ve posted recently about wanting to switch out of my BLNR with the jubilee. Had reached out to a dealer about swapping plus cash on my end for a TT skydweller. But they want imo unreasonable money on top. So he threw a double deal where I trade my Batman and my hulk for a Kermit or coke and the sky dweller. I do have a soft spot for the Kermit but they’ve had the watch for a long time and there seems to be quite a bit of discrepancy between Kermit values and possible bezel swaps etc. I’m not knowledgeable enough to know the intricacies. But I do think the hulk is a superior watch imho, ceramic bezel plus the glide clasp makes it my daily. So I thought I would get some insight from the board, can get more details as we get into it. Last but not least, could throw my two towards a rose gold sky dweller on the brown leather strap, it’s a grail piece for me. But I don’t think it’s an everyday watch for my lifestyle. So that seems less practical. Thanks for reading looking forward to the thoughts and opinions!
TF7’s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 01:19 PM   #2
sp006
"TRF" Member

In my honest opinion, I wouldn’t do it. The dealer clearly has some issues with being able to move the Kermit or Coke and knows he can easily flip your “hot” models for better cash flow.

I feel like you are already leaning towards keeping your Hulk based on your comments about it’s daily wearability. Would you also wear the Kermit - or baby it? If you’ll feel guilty wearing it regularly, it’s not worth it.

Finally, don’t compromise on your grail. If it’s the rose gold SkyD, don’t settle for the TT. Wait until the time is right and pull the trigger on the model you want.

Only you know what will make you feel happy but just figured I’d offer my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 02:02 PM   #3
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
The only TT watches I would be interested in is the bluesy and the gmt chnr. even a TT daytona can be obtained at a good deal due to the lack of demand. I would not do any of these trades tbh, that dealer is trying to rip you off big time.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 02:15 PM   #4
TF7’s
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the insight, I felt the same way but figured I would ask the board and get some insight. But yes the Kermit would be a watch I would own if I already had all the pieces I wanted, the coke is pretty much the same. So I figured I would have regrets, at least in giving up the hulk. I’ll hold off I’m trying to turn the Batman into a CHNR I’ll be patient and make that happen. Thanks again!
TF7’s is offline   Reply With Quote