The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 13 April 2009, 02:32 AM   #1
GMT Time
Banned

Please Read CAUTION! e bay auction

Please read the thread and link below. Use extreme caution when dealing with this seller. My happy day isnt so happy anymore.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=75056
Old 13 April 2009, 02:54 AM   #2
abr68
Banned

Watch: view my signature
Hey guys,

After giving up my comment yesterday and seing all the other threads I´m wondering why you both are not able to find a solution?

Since you are both members of this forum and also serious Seller and buyer which I consider this is NO WAY to resolve any issue for just $100.

Me personally I would expect to send the Seller the correct link to the buyer if he is requesting it without any extra money bceause it DEFINETELY belongs to the bracelet. On the other side I would also CONSIDER that the buyer would send back any additional links the SELLER added without any refund. That is an EASY AND FAST solution which is fair and clear for both.

ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO DAMAGE ANY REPUTATION NEITHER OF THE BUYER NOR THE SELLER

On top I really don´t like things such as that PUBLISHED in the worldwide web in a business where reputation is sooooooo important. It is fully fine if somebody has a question on a bracelet and so on.....
But publishing mails back and force is NOT OK from my point of view

It should be possible under adults to find a solution as mentioned above which fits the needs and requirement of both the buyer and the Seller.

Just my thoughts guys....
Old 13 April 2009, 02:56 AM   #3
scottjal
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
I don't see the problem with it. A deposit of $100 doesn't even cover the cost of a TT link and offering to do that on an advance exchange basis is pretty nice, in the end you get your money back anyway. Seller even has the option on the table to not do the deposit but wants the link in hand before sending out the other and is giving you the option either way, very nice.

As an ebay seller myself you are out of line IMO on bashing this guy. It is a minor understandable mistake and seller is giving several options to rectify. Work with the seller, sounds like he is willing to work with you but these days a seller has to protect themselves.

This is exactly what you should expect on ebay auctions, a little bit of trouble but in the end you get what you want with huge $$ savings.
Old 13 April 2009, 03:00 AM   #4
GMT Time
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjal View Post
I don't see the problem with it. A deposit of $100 doesn't even cover the cost of a TT link and offering to do that on an advance exchange basis is pretty nice, in the end you get your money back anyway. Seller even has the option on the table to not do the deposit but wants the link in hand before sending out the other and is giving you the option either way, very nice.

As an ebay seller myself you are out of line IMO on bashing this guy. It is a minor understandable mistake and seller is giving several options to rectify. Work with the seller, sounds like he is willing to work with you but these days a seller has to protect themselves.

This is exactly what you should expect on ebay auctions, a little bit of trouble but in the end you get what you want with huge $$ savings.
I didn't make the mistake he did. This is not the first watch I have purchased from him so he should know im not a crook and trust me to send the link back as I trusted him to send me the watch after I paid him.
Old 13 April 2009, 03:05 AM   #5
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
I'm going to have to agree here. This is a minor problem in the grand scheme of things. The watch is authentic, everything is there except for a link that has an O on it. If the seller only wants you to deposit a 100 dollars until he receives the other link back and then you get your money back, I'd say that really is reasonable and fair, and that way you can wear the watch without experiencing any downtime. Are you in that urgent need to use the fliplock clasp on your Rolex? I think the seller made a reasonable attempt to rectify the situation.

FcB
Old 13 April 2009, 03:07 AM   #6
GMT Time
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
I'm going to have to agree here. This is a minor problem in the grand scheme of things. The watch is authentic, everything is there except for a link that has an O on it. If the seller only wants you to deposit a 100 dollars until he receives the other link back and then you get your money back, I'd say that really is reasonable and fair, and that way you can wear the watch without experiencing any downtime. Are you in that urgent need to use the fliplock clasp on your Rolex? I think the seller made a reasonable attempt to rectify the situation.
If I have to remove the bad link and send it to him first, I then can not wear my watch until he sends me back the proper link because it will be to small to wear. Again I didn't screw it up he did. All I did was trust him and pay him 5 grand!
Old 13 April 2009, 03:13 AM   #7
Chrisxx

Petty
Old 13 April 2009, 03:17 AM   #8
Rolex Lover

Watch: Submariner 16610 M
Whats wrong with the watch? It seems OK for me, if I'm not mistaken!!!
Old 13 April 2009, 03:30 AM   #9
GMT Time
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisxx View Post
Petty
I feel so too! So I will let PayPal decide who is right. I also notice the seller had the original post "flip lock" clasp post deleted with his name all over it. Very interesting.
Old 13 April 2009, 03:41 AM   #10
Chrmer3
"TRF" Member

Woah,

Add info before you do character assasination. Review post:

You can come to a unbias fact based opinion of me here.

As a seller these things bother me more personally than financially. I deal honestly, openly & with integrity. This saddens me that it has become a "ego" issue. Nothing more nothing less.

The Rolex is 100% factory authentic, was sold at a bargain because I had dealt in past with Ross. I have not personally insulted you. I have been trying since yesterday - seconds after you asked for a link with a circle to resolve this for you. I thought I had when I told you send the link back for a swap or post $100 deposit & I will send right out & refund once link back..

For people reading that have no clue what this is in regards to- I urge you to read the above post.... Its amazes me it has come to a personal attact.

I have emailed you constantly since yesterday, posted on this forum documentation of facts, offered to resolve this asap... & this is how I am treated.

Gee I made $100 on this after I sell your trade for all the money I booked at. I would not even done this deal with anyone but a past customer- and you treat me like this.

Again, this hurts me personally - makes me sad. Nothing to do with my business, me personally.

I guess its because I put so much time, passion & effort to be here for people for whatever reason, My feedback shows that. To slam me & try to affect my business over this? One word- Unreal.

Regards,
Chris
Old 13 April 2009, 04:00 AM   #11
GMT Time
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrmer3 View Post
Woah,

Add info before you do character assasination. Review post:

You can come to a unbias fact based opinion of me here.

As a seller these things bother me more personally than financially. I deal honestly, openly & with integrity. This saddens me that it has become a "ego" issue. Nothing more nothing less.

The Rolex is 100% factory authentic, was sold at a bargain because I had dealt in past with Ross. I have not personally insulted you. I have been trying since yesterday - seconds after you asked for a link with a circle to resolve this for you. I thought I had when I told you send the link back for a swap or post $100 deposit & I will send right out & refund once link back..

For people reading that have no clue what this is in regards to- I urge you to read the above post.... Its amazes me it has come to a personal attact.

I have emailed you constantly since yesterday, posted on this forum documentation of facts, offered to resolve this asap... & this is how I am treated.

Gee I made $100 on this after I sell your trade for all the money I booked at. I would not even done this deal with anyone but a past customer- and you treat me like this.

Again, this hurts me personally - makes me sad. Nothing to do with my business, me personally.

I guess its because I put so much time, passion & effort to be here for people for whatever reason, My feedback shows that. To slam me & try to affect my business over this? One word- Unreal.

Regards,
Chris
What did I post that was not true? Now let's see,.. All you had to do is say Gee sorry for the mix up with the link, I will be happy to send you the proper one as long as you send me the other one as soon as you get it. Did I ever do anything to you in the past to distrust me? Now honestly wouldn't that have been easier? Its to bad your poor customer service skills had to make this deal go so sour.
Old 13 April 2009, 04:08 AM   #12
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

No need for a Paypal dispute here IMO.

I personally wouldn't have asked for the $100 deposit in the first place but we're past that and a solution has been worked out.

If you choose not to accept this perfectly reasonable solution then I doubt that anyone, including Paypal, will show you any favour.
Old 13 April 2009, 04:09 AM   #13
harvey
"TRF" Member

guys, although a solution has been put forward, i dont think there is no point in discussing it further here... wouldnt it be simpler to just pick up the phone?

also as a forum member there is nothing sadder than reading something like this... so i would suggest that you both refrain from posting further on this matter...
Old 13 April 2009, 04:09 AM   #14
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Any more mud slinging over this and there will be banning afoot.
Old 13 April 2009, 06:39 AM   #15
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Any more mud slinging over this and there will be banning afoot.
Jeez, THANK YOU! This definitely has run out its course. Sometimes we all need a referee.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Closed Thread