The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 June 2023, 04:31 PM   #1
M3inter
"TRF" Member

Pepsi production

Has anyone managed to get a new pepsi delivery lately? My AD is telling me production has stopped due to Rolex having an issue with the Bezels?

Cheers
M3inter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2023, 04:49 PM   #2
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3inter View Post
Has anyone managed to get a new pepsi delivery lately? My AD is telling me production has stopped due to Rolex having an issue with the Bezels?

Cheers
There are issues with Pepsi supply just now.
However even without these issues it’s a very unlikely AD purchase without a seriously good relationship/spend history.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 12:01 AM   #3
watchmakers4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 124270
I've seen a few incoming on the Rolex subreddit lately.
watchmakers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 12:18 AM   #4
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I haven’t heard of BLRO production issues. Where is that from?

Several months ago there were tons of incomings for BLROs. Now fewer, but I just guessed that is because like pieces are manufactured together and then (generally) go out in waves to ADs.
Bmats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 12:21 AM   #5
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
I haven’t heard of BLRO production issues. Where is that from?

Several months ago there were tons of incomings for BLROs. Now fewer, but I just guessed that is because like pieces are manufactured together and then (generally) go out in waves to ADs.
Yes that's it. Any other reason than this is ADs justifying why they can't give some of their VIP customers a Pepsi.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 12:23 AM   #6
JPS
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 White&Black
Quote:

Cheers
This is true. When I saw my AD recently, they said now is the best time to get a BLNR as more are going to be produced because of the issues with them producing the Pepsi ceramic bezel.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 12:33 AM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Cue the bezel haters in 3 … 2 … 1
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 12:40 AM   #8
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The AD would never have such information from Rolex. They are kept at the bottom of the information network which Rolex guards above all. The bezel rumors are a carefully placed misinformation tool to keep their customers waiting on their every word. It’s all rubbish.

The longer the AD can keep you on the line the more chances they have to influence you to purchase other products.

Every watch gets released in cycles as they’re manufactured. Every month you will see a wave of one particular model then it dries up for a few months.
Old 10 June 2023, 01:25 PM   #9
Talon
"TRF" Member

One Aussie AD is pausing all sales of Pepsi. Rolex are still sending the watches out to ADs but this particular one is holding on to all their Pepsi stock in preparation for a production drop-off/hard stop.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 05:50 PM   #10
Roli4life
"TRF" Member

Did he happen to say what issue they were having with the Pepsi bezels?
Roli4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 06:21 PM   #11
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
The AD would never have such information from Rolex. They are kept at the bottom of the information network which Rolex guards above all. The bezel rumors are a carefully placed misinformation tool to keep their customers waiting on their every word. It’s all rubbish.

The longer the AD can keep you on the line the more chances they have to influence you to purchase other products.

Every watch gets released in cycles as they’re manufactured. Every month you will see a wave of one particular model then it dries up for a few months.
I also think this is the case. AD’s want to keep the dream alive that all the watches are very rare so they can demand additional relational purchases…
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 06:32 PM   #12
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex don't make any contribution to all the silly "leaks" that get plastered all over the place, neither are they particularly forthcoming about their inner workings. Nevertheless, I find it difficult to believe that a halt in production affecting supply of a certain model (or two in this case) would not be communicated to ADs.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 06:39 PM   #13
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Rolex don't make any contribution to all the silly "leaks" that get plastered all over the place, neither are they particularly forthcoming about their inner workings. Nevertheless, I find it difficult to believe that a halt in production affecting supply of a certain model (or two in this case) would not be communicated to ADs.
If an AD doesn’t even know how much of a certain model they can buy from Rolex why should Rolex communicate this kind of information? If Rolex wanted to be entirely transparant with their AD’s they could but it looks like they choose not too so i think it is very plausable that this kind of information about production problems won’t be communicated to AD’s.
Old 10 June 2023, 07:05 PM   #14
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
The proof is in the numbers - there are no new BLRO incomings on the forum, not for a while now.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 07:07 PM   #15
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

We don't even know for sure that there is a shortage. I find it very hard to believe that a manufacturer would not report something like this to its dealers but we are all in the same boat in as much as we all know precisely nothing.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 07:31 PM   #16
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
The proof is in the numbers - there are no new BLRO incomings on the forum, not for a while now.
In my opinion it is not proof of manufacturing problems. I can think of several reasons why there are no incomings.
1. The high rollers on the forum already are supplied and newer members don’t get offered such a high demand piece.
2. The production is in waves of certain models. The BLRO wave was at the start of the year.

I think Harry-57 is right. We know nothing for sure. We can only speculate. And that’s what everyone love to do on the internet.
Old 10 June 2023, 07:58 PM   #17
rolex_pl85
Banned

LOL

Stop making up stuff.
rolex_pl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 08:12 PM   #18
Manamana
"TRF" Member

If there is anything regarding the Pepsi is the GMT II may be updated and they are starting to slow production with the Pepsi then the rest. We may not have to wait until the next W&W for release, we know Rolex may update anytime. The current Pepsi will dump and price may go down in favor of new Pepsi. Rolex may be preparing a trap for grey dealers. How is that for a theory, I feel it's more believable than Rolex having problems with the Pepsi bezel after 5 years of production.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 08:32 PM   #19
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
My AD has said the same thing and presented it as fact (from a meting they had with Rolex at W&W) - production is reduced, possibly paused.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=905343
Old 10 June 2023, 08:34 PM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
If there is anything regarding the Pepsi is the GMT II may be updated and they are starting to slow production with the Pepsi then the rest. We may not have to wait until the next W&W for release, we know Rolex may update anytime. The current Pepsi will dump and price may go down in favor of new Pepsi. Rolex may be preparing a trap for grey dealers. How is that for a theory, I feel it's more believable than Rolex having problems with the Pepsi bezel after 5 years of production.
Almost 10 years of production
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2023, 08:55 PM   #21
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Almost 10 years of production
Ya starting with the gold, I meant the SS
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 05:15 AM   #22
skygmt
"TRF" Member

Call from AD

Received a call from my AD. I've been on the Pepsi list for about nine months. He said their allocation of Pepsi GMTs has been slashed. I ask if is was a discontinued or a pause for bezel issues. He said he didn't have any details, just that they wouldn't be getting any for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have updates?
skygmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 05:38 AM   #23
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:

Cheers
Yes they having difficulty in what to call it a Mk 2,3,4,5,6 or Mk7.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 05:49 AM   #24
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
I heard the same thing from my AD, I made a thread about this last month.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 05:51 AM   #25
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
Interesting article about the Pepsi bezel: https://www.everestbands.com/blogs/b...dependence-day
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 05:53 AM   #26
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygmt View Post
Received a call from my AD. I've been on the Pepsi list for about nine months. He said their allocation of Pepsi GMTs has been slashed. I ask if is was a discontinued or a pause for bezel issues. He said he didn't have any details, just that they wouldn't be getting any for the foreseeable future.

Anyone have updates?
Bucherer (now Rolex) Geneva flagship store had a 126710BLRO on display since summer. It's gone (I walk everyday in front of it with my dog at night).
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 06:10 AM   #27
WatchSmith
2024 Pledge Member

I'm not buying that Rolex, of all companies, is having difficulty manufacturing BLRO ceramic inserts. Reducing production and manipulating the market...sure. I'm not saying they're not difficult to make and there could very well be plenty that don't pass inspection, but Rolex has capabilities well beyond what any of us can dream of.

Meanwhile the Chinese have released a new sputter coated BLRO insert with improved colors that's so close it would never be recognized as aftermarket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clean 126710BLOR v2 insert.jpg (131.2 KB, 591 views)
WatchSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 06:40 AM   #28
Erivera42
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ ll and Sub 41
I just Picked up my 126710BLRO on Jubilee from my AD on October 14, 2023. When speaking to the SA she was amazed that it came in. She stated that she hadn't seen one in a while.
Erivera42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 07:56 AM   #29
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erivera42 View Post
I just Picked up my 126710BLRO on Jubilee from my AD on October 14, 2023. When speaking to the SA she was amazed that it came in. She stated that she hadn't seen one in a while.
My AD has stated something similar in that over the past 10 months they just aren't seeing that many BLRO's coming in...
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 08:52 AM   #30
rolexjc
"TRF" Member

The Rolex rep in my country told my AD months ago about low successfully rate in the production of BLRO bezels… I got one earlier this year.
rolexjc is offline   Reply With Quote