The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 August 2023, 07:35 AM   #1
KeobNepo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
126710 BLRO running slow

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I noticed my Pepsi is running about 4 sec’s behind a day. I clocked the last 2 days and I lost about 8 sec.

I know it should run +/- 2 sec’s a day, so should I bring it for service? It’s under guarantee, but would feel bumped to ‘lose’ the watch for two months.

Thx a lot in advance for your comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KeobNepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 07:45 AM   #2
aboutadog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
Give it a few weeks. Let it get used to your wearing patterns. Try resting it dial up overnight to gain a few seconds back. Keep us posted.
aboutadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 07:45 AM   #3
Driver8
"TRF" Member

While it’s technically out of Rolex’s +/-2 secs, it’s still within COSC which is good enough for most people. Personally I don’t think -4 secs is worth cracking the case open for, as you could end up introducing other issues and you’ll be without the watch for a while. If it was mine I’d just keep a casual eye on it for a while, and if it starts getting worse (and for me that means approaching -10 secs a day) then that’s the time to consider sending it in IMO.
Old 21 August 2023, 08:10 AM   #4
Porschen
"TRF" Member

If the watch is brand new, I’d give it some time as was mentioned. If it isn’t, I’d send it in if it bothers you. My 124060 runs about 3 secs slow per day; it doesn’t bother me enough to address it at this time.
Porschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 08:13 AM   #5
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

I wouldn't. -4s/day certainly wouldn't bother me. Also would suck to be without the watch, and what if another more serious issue arose during the warranty period and I have to send it in again?

So I would wait until the timekeeping gets a lot worse and/or another problem arises and then send it in. If it stays at -4s/day, I would wait until right before the warranty ends and then just send it in.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 08:17 AM   #6
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve actually never tested any of my watches to check for cosc spec.
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 08:18 AM   #7
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

First, wind it up all the way (60 turns). It can’t be over wound even if you wind it 300 times.
Next, reset it to an atomic clock and sit the watch face up overnight when not wearing it.
Old 21 August 2023, 08:30 AM   #8
WilsonCQB1911
"TRF" Member

When you say "all day" are you wearing it to bed? Can you be more specific about the wearing habits? Do you wear it 12 hours and then put it on a nightstand face up for 12? My new Sub loses 1-1.5 seconds on my wrist wearing 12ish hours a day and then regains that at night face up. If I wear it to bed I can expect to lose another second and "keep the loss.". It's interesting to know but maybe not that big of a deal to me.

With fall approaching I'm curious to see how the cooler temperatures change the rate. I've heard that cooler weather will causes the rate to increase.
WilsonCQB1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 08:32 AM   #9
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Sure enough, give it a full wind, per Mystro post. Wear it for a while - ambiguous target - maybe a month. Give this a bit of time, then check.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 10:04 AM   #10
WatchSmith
2024 Pledge Member

My 126710BLRO was about -3 to 4spd and I adjusted it yesterday. Now it’s +1-2spd. I’m a watchmaker and have the tools and timegrapher and it’s a fairly easy procedure. If you can find a local watchmaker who can work on Rolex he might be able to increase the rate a bit for you.
WatchSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 10:07 AM   #11
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
While it’s technically out of Rolex’s +/-2 secs, it’s still within COSC which is good enough for most people. Personally I don’t think -4 secs is worth cracking the case open for, as you could end up introducing other issues and you’ll be without the watch for a while. If it was mine I’d just keep a casual eye on it for a while, and if it starts getting worse (and for me that means approaching -10 secs a day) then that’s the time to consider sending it in IMO.
This ^^^
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 01:17 PM   #12
PepsiBezel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
After about 1 year, my 126710 started running -4 s/d slow, and outside the Rolex superlative chronometer guarantee. I took it to an RSC and they fixed it and regulated it to +0.6 s/d. It took about a week.

It was likely a 3285 issue that was causing mine to loose time. I would take it in and get it resolved.
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 03:09 PM   #13
KeobNepo
"TRF" Member

Thx guys.

As for more info. I’ve had the watch for a little over a year now and wear it day and night.

Have not checked before if the watch keeps time, as I can remember it loses 1/2 minutes each time I have to adjust the date; so this is every one/two months.

As adviced I will take it off at night and let it rest face up to see if it gains a little during the night.

To have a better view of the average lose I will clock again in about a week and let you guys know.

But I understand that for the most of you this would not be a reason to send in the watch.

Thx again for the comments.

Old 21 August 2023, 03:57 PM   #14
saxo3
"TRF" Member

126710 BLRO running slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeobNepo View Post
Thx guys.

As for more info. I’ve had the watch for a little over a year now and wear it day and night.

Have not checked before if the watch keeps time, as I can remember it loses 1/2 minutes each time I have to adjust the date; so this is every one/two months.

As adviced I will take it off at night and let it rest face up to see if it gains a little during the night.

To have a better view of the average lose I will clock again in about a week and let you guys know.

But I understand that for the most of you this would not be a reason to send in the watch.

Thx again for the comments.

A loss of 30 s in one or two months is quite accurate for a mechanical movement.

Dial up overnight is a very good test to compensate for the small loss.

For complete 32xx winding you need 35-40 full crown turns, 360 degrees each; measurements you find here:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=1704
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 05:28 PM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeobNepo View Post
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I noticed my Pepsi is running about 4 sec’s behind a day. I clocked the last 2 days and I lost about 8 sec.

I know it should run +/- 2 sec’s a day, so should I bring it for service? It’s under guarantee, but would feel bumped to ‘lose’ the watch for two months.

Thx a lot in advance for your comments.

No its been tested by Rolex on a machine to this precision -2+2 a day this dont mean it will perform exactly the same every day for life.As on the wrist wearing or off wrist resting there are many variables.Try different resting positions when off the wrist, and try giving your watch a full manual wind then perhaps you might gain back a few seconds out of 86400 in a day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 05:50 PM   #16
karnex
Banned

Watch: 124270, 116610LV
If the watch is brand new, I'd wait a bit, as was suggested. If it's not new, and it bothers you, consider sending it in.
karnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 07:59 PM   #17
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I'd keep an eye on it and give it some time.
Personally, 4 seconds a day wouldn't bother me.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2023, 11:14 PM   #18
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
I wouldn't be too concerned as it's possible it's a feature of the model.
If statistics are anything to go by it may be a 75%er or a 25%er.
Keep an eye on it every few months and if it gets worse I would send it in to Rolex to be fixed.
Just don't let the warranty expire before you send it in though
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 01:55 AM   #19
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I wouldn't take it in for a 4s deviation. Too many variables to consider.
- How much are you wearing it?
- What activities? (Sitting at a computer? Running?)
- What position for overnight storage?
- Ever wind it?

I find that a fully wound watch actually doesn't keep the best time. The full wind is often recommended as the first step when diagnosing timing and I believe it's most useful when tracking the "start to finish" performance. However most watches will be in a state of "partial wind" most of the time and this will provide the most meaningful metric for most people. Since there's no power meter we don't know, but for various people it could be 30%, 40%, 50%... whatever. But it will very seldom be 90-100%. If you do the full wind test let it run down and track the time each day during that period. This will capture the natural variation as well and allow you to properly average the performance.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 02:54 AM   #20
WilsonCQB1911
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
I wouldn't take it in for a 4s deviation. Too many variables to consider.
- How much are you wearing it?
- What activities? (Sitting at a computer? Running?)
- What position for overnight storage?
- Ever wind it?

I find that a fully wound watch actually doesn't keep the best time. The full wind is often recommended as the first step when diagnosing timing and I believe it's most useful when tracking the "start to finish" performance. However most watches will be in a state of "partial wind" most of the time and this will provide the most meaningful metric for most people. Since there's no power meter we don't know, but for various people it could be 30%, 40%, 50%... whatever. But it will very seldom be 90-100%. If you do the full wind test let it run down and track the time each day during that period. This will capture the natural variation as well and allow you to properly average the performance.

Good point. Also, wouldn't it presumably run faster with a lower wind? Lower amplitude generally runs faster right?
WilsonCQB1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 02:56 AM   #21
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Uh oh.....35XX problems again?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 03:07 AM   #22
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
just wear the watch, it's within spec
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 04:19 AM   #23
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
Lower amplitude generally runs faster right?
No.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2023, 04:38 AM   #24
LC23
"TRF" Member

get a smart watch, never lose a second
Old 23 August 2023, 05:14 PM   #25
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Uh oh.....35XX problems again?
What's that?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 05:17 PM   #26
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
No its been tested by Rolex on a machine to this precision -2+2 a day this dont mean it will perform exactly the same every day for life.As on the wrist wearing or off wrist resting there are many variables.Try different resting positions when off the wrist, and try giving your watch a full manual wind then perhaps you might gain back a few seconds out of 86400 in a day.
OP the dial up and dial down does not really apply each time for every watch. Like Padi mentions, you would have to test it. Crown up may be where it gains. Try dial down at night, dial up and crown up - see what if any makes the gain, and you should be fine.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 05:20 PM   #27
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
What's that?
Not again, please. If your answer is not provocative, please search in the Technical forum for the specific thread, thank you.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 05:40 PM   #28
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Not again, please. If your answer is not provocative, please search in the Technical forum for the specific thread, thank you.
Well there is no such thing as 35 movement problems as they have not made any 35 movements yet .

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2023, 05:51 PM   #29
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Agree.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2023, 05:32 AM   #30
KeobNepo
"TRF" Member

126710 BLRO running slow

Quick update:

I kept an eye om the timing for the last few days. The watch was really inconsequent. One day it lost 2 secs, the other 8 secs. Once it gained 2 secs in two hours and once it lost 5 secs in 1,5 hours (during exercise I take it off, when i put it back on after exercise it has lost 5 secs).

I went to my AD today and they checked the watch. Seems the amplitude (now I know what that is) was not spinning/turning completely. So that needs to be adjusted. This was probably the case since I got the watch for a little over a year now, but I never kept an eye on the consistency so didn’t notice it before.

The good thing is that my AD has an in house RSC, so it will not take long to get the watch back; they said 4 weeks max and probably sooner.

Thx again for your comments.