The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 January 2024, 01:59 PM   #1
Lol-x
Facilitator

Rolex HQ has run out of Jubilee Links

Telephoned Rolex yesterday and enquired about getting 2 additional Jubilee links fitted for my GMT BLNR.

The receptionist checked the Rolex stock inventory, I was told the links were available in stock and I could come in anytime between 10am and 4pm and the links were $96 each.

So today I took a day off work and arrived at Rolex Headquarters (5 storey Rolex Building with major service centre) at 2pm.

I had to produce photo ID to get the links and surrender personal information to Rolex. The receptionist insisted on measuring my wrist with a special measuring tape and agreed that 2 links would be appropriate.

I was then told I would have to come back tomorrow to collect the watch.

After I exclaimed my surprise as it was just fitting 2 links and that I did not wish to take another day off work, I was told there was nothing Rolex could do and that if I wanted the links fitted on the same day I had to bring the watch in before 11am...OK!

I then said, when I had enquired yesterday I was told I could come in anytime and there was no mention of having to leave my GMT and pick it up the next day. Now I'm going to have to take 2 days off work. I was somewhat exasperated by this unexplained non-disclosure, but non-the-less retained my composure.

I asked to speak to the receptionist's manager.

At that stage, the receptionist must have pressed the panic button as out of no where appeared a security guard and 3 other people (total 5 people now focusing on me which was intimidating).

All of a sudden the story changed and I was told that there were no Jubilee links in stock, so I could leave or take my GMT and be notified when the links would be available.

This new version of the situation was extraordinary to say the least, but what choice did I have....none.

But my question is "Why?"

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 02:13 PM   #2
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Customer satisfaction is clearly not high on the agenda.
So many restrictions and lots of policies just to make even the simplest of things difficult it seems.
Old 31 January 2024, 02:14 PM   #3
Milkshake
Banned

That’s wild! Rolex wants full compliance now or no links for you. Hard to explain the turnaround otherwise. I bet in a couple days they’ll have a better attitude and some links or at least hope so. That’s wild.
Milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 02:19 PM   #4
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Wow! That's terrible customer service to say the least. As to why I can't even think of any ideas.

Are you planning on sending a letter to Rolex asking them Why? I'd love to hear there response.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 02:21 PM   #5
johnk
2024 Pledge Member

johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 02:25 PM   #6
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500LN
That is crazy… the customer service and the shortage of jubilee links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fly4food84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 02:54 PM   #7
Cassian739
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Wow, that's crazy! Not much about the Crown surprises me these days. Why - because they can. I'm sorry this happened to you, you deserve better given everything you've done for Rolex and TRF.
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 03:18 PM   #8
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Telephoned Rolex yesterday and enquired about getting 2 additional Jubilee links fitted for my GMT BLNR.

The receptionist checked the Rolex stock inventory, I was told the links were available in stock and I could come in anytime between 10am and 4pm and the links were $96 each.

So today I took a day off work and arrived at Rolex Headquarters (5 storey Rolex Building with major service centre) at 2pm.

I had to produce photo ID to get the links and surrender personal information to Rolex. The receptionist insisted on measuring my wrist with a special measuring tape and agreed that 2 links would be appropriate.

I was then told I would have to come back tomorrow to collect the watch.

After I exclaimed my surprise as it was just fitting 2 links and that I did not wish to take another day off work, I was told there was nothing Rolex could do and that if I wanted the links fitted on the same day I had to bring the watch in before 11am...OK!

I then said, when I had enquired yesterday I was told I could come in anytime and there was no mention of having to leave my GMT and pick it up the next day. Now I'm going to have to take 2 days off work. I was somewhat exasperated by this unexplained non-disclosure, but non-the-less retained my composure.

I asked to speak to the receptionist's manager.

At that stage, the receptionist must have pressed the panic button as out of no where appeared a security guard and 3 other people (total 5 people now focusing on me which was intimidating).

All of a sudden the story changed and I was told that there were no Jubilee links in stock, so I could leave or take my GMT and be notified when the links would be available.

This new version of the situation was extraordinary to say the least, but what choice did I have....none.

But my question is "Why?"
Because the whole world is F' up. Few people care about their jobs. Too lazy to check things properly,etc,etc,etc. "The Paradigm Has Shifted".

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 03:23 PM   #9
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
We're in a period where the product sells itself. Short term thinking for anyone not attempting to offer stellar customer service.

This phenomena won't last forever. People are getting fed up with the poor customer service. "AD games" are becoming a mockery to many.
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:18 PM   #10
jw0n
"TRF" Member

Shortage of jubilee links? That's difficult to fathom. As it is, they are already shipping watches with fewer links (since 2019 iirc) -- I didn't have to remove any jubilee links on my BLNR or remove any oyster links on my DJ36.

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:20 PM   #11
GeorgeK
"TRF" Member

Every day I love my Omegas/IWC and others more, and the Rolexes are confined deeper in the safe deposit. I hope my son will have less of a heartburn when he inherits them.
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:29 PM   #12
msum
"TRF" Member

This isn’t great…

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience!
msum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:36 PM   #13
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
Every day I love my Omegas/IWC and others more, and the Rolexes are confined deeper in the safe deposit. I hope my son will have less of a heartburn when he inherits them.
The wooden box of my 2022 Seamaster 300MP had an issue with the button sticking. I emailed Omega/Swatch Group about it, and they shipped out a new box in two days. Their first email asked for a photo of my warranty card and box, and the second email requested my home address. It was easy as that
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:36 PM   #14
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex HQ has run out of Jubilee Links

Wow. What shocking customer service. Nothing surprises me these days, and unfortunately there seems to be more stories of terrible customer service rather than good.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:42 PM   #15
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Wow, that seems like a very, very disappointing experience. The problem is that everybody will still buy watches from them, no matter how they are being treated. Them knowing this and obviously not giving a damn would be a huge problem in most other industries.
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:50 PM   #16
Golden Phoenix
"TRF" Member

But my question is "Why?" I say revenge..................they wanted you to accept everything they said and when you kicked back a bit...... they got backup muscle and then stuck it to you.

The whole attitude of Rolex is disappointing for sure.
Golden Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 06:50 PM   #17
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
I hope you kept your cool like a Buddhist monk and "killed" them with your calmness.
Old 31 January 2024, 06:53 PM   #18
Lawlex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Sorry to hear your experience. I cannot fathom they changed tactics like that. Customer service = intimidating experience
It gets one to think

Lawlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 06:57 PM   #19
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Terrible customer service, especially on such an expensive item. No other way to cut it.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 07:54 PM   #20
Cru Jones

Wow, what a power trip she went on! Sad to read about. Sorry, Steve.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 09:05 PM   #21
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
This is nuts Steve...I cannot believe the intimidating factor they displayed to you....you must be this scary-looking, burly, muscular biker dude. I remember you like motorbikes. So now what are you going to do?
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 09:10 PM   #22
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
That's bizarre. Did you end up leaving the watch with them Steve?
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:22 PM   #23
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
What a joke!
I’m assuming this is Melbourne RSC, a total rabble.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:29 PM   #24
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Sir, we’ll take your name and add you to the waitlist for links.

Sorry Rolex HQ isn’t Home Depot, probably just an off day, don’t take it out in the employees- nobody wants to be fired over such a minor thing!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:31 PM   #25
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Sorry to hear. Poor customer service.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:33 PM   #26
Manu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 | LVc | SkyD
Wow, this is crazy to hear.
Manu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:56 PM   #27
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Odd. I have never gone to a service centre for links I just call my AD and he orders them for me.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 11:00 PM   #28
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Although I still like some of their references a lot, I have decided in the last couple of years to move away from the brand since the customer experience is p**s poor.

In comparison, I’ve recently acquired a Lange from a boutique and was treated as one should be when spending money on a luxury item; with dignity, respect and amazing customer service. As a result, I will happily continue spending my hard earned money with Lange. As for Rolex, not thanks & good riddance.
Old 31 January 2024, 11:08 PM   #29
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
This is nuts Steve...I cannot believe the intimidating factor they displayed to you....you must be this scary-looking, burly, muscular biker dude. I remember you like motorbikes. So now what are you going to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
That's bizarre. Did you end up leaving the watch with them Steve?
I’ll echo what my friends here said Steve. Honestly ….

Curious what you ended up doing.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 11:15 PM   #30
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Steve, you're probably responsible for more Rolex watch sales world wide than any one individual on this planet, not that your local RSC or Rolex in general would really care apparently. But then that really shouldn't matter. It should have been as easy as their original simple instructions and you would have been satisfied and on your way. Sad state of affairs for the brand.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote