The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 May 2024, 05:54 PM   #1
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Separate profiles in different countries or just one?

Is it advisable to have a profile for myself in my home country and one for my wife in another country? Both of us love traveling to Japan and we're there multiple times a year. I thought it might be worth it to set up a profile for her there to take advantage of the exchange rate and to maybe have access to limited editions in the future.

I've been trying to get my wife into watches for the longest time, and I think I've created a monster. Her favourite AP is the 34mm black ceramic. Is this even possible as a first piece for her?

I started my journey earlier this year with AP so I won't be trying to move my profile, but I'm unsure of the best way forward for her. If they only sell to locals in Japan then I won't bother, but I just wanted to get advise from some of the more seasoned collectors here. Thanks.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:04 PM   #2
SylvainDXB
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex and more
This shouldn't be a problem, as boutiques have access to your linked profiles, so they know what's on your wish list and who's talking to you in the different boutiques.
As long as the 2 profile seems justified, all should be fine. I am from Geneva, so I have a profile with the boutique at Fusterie, but been living in the UAE for 10 years, so also have a profile locally (and received watches from both).
I was told that by the end of the year, new CRM will be in place to merge all multiple profiles together and solve that problem.
SylvainDXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:07 PM   #3
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvainDXB View Post
This shouldn't be a problem, as boutiques have access to your linked profiles, so they know what's on your wish list and who's talking to you in the different boutiques.
As long as the 2 profile seems justified, all should be fine. I am from Geneva, so I have a profile with the boutique at Fusterie, but been living in the UAE for 10 years, so also have a profile locally (and received watches from both).
I was told that by the end of the year, new CRM will be in place to merge all multiple profiles together and solve that problem.
Thank you, this is very encouraging. I guess my next question would be: is it better to go with the AP boutique or AP house?
Old 13 May 2024, 06:17 PM   #4
SylvainDXB
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
Thank you, this is very encouraging. I guess my next question would be: is it better to go with the AP boutique or AP house?
Can't help you with this as I'm dealing with 2 boutiques, and for the time being, never been/dealt with an AP house.... Other members might be in a better position to chime in on that subject.
SylvainDXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:40 PM   #5
s0020926
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is it advisable to have a profile for myself in my home country and one for my wife in another country? Both of us love traveling to Japan and we're there multiple times a year. I thought it might be worth it to set up a profile for her there to take advantage of the exchange rate and to maybe have access to limited editions in the future.

I've been trying to get my wife into watches for the longest time, and I think I've created a monster. Her favourite AP is the 34mm black ceramic. Is this even possible as a first piece for her?

I started my journey earlier this year with AP so I won't be trying to move my profile, but I'm unsure of the best way forward for her. If they only sell to locals in Japan then I won't bother, but I just wanted to get advise from some of the more seasoned collectors here. Thanks.
First thing you probably need to do is to buy / rent a house in JP, they need your residential address to establish a profile.
s0020926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 07:10 PM   #6
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvainDXB View Post
Can't help you with this as I'm dealing with 2 boutiques, and for the time being, never been/dealt with an AP house.... Other members might be in a better position to chime in on that subject.
No worries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0020926 View Post
First thing you probably need to do is to buy / rent a house in JP, they need your residential address to establish a profile.
lol that's what I was curious about, whether they would accept you if you're not local/living there.
Old 13 May 2024, 07:31 PM   #7
s0020926
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No worries!

lol that's what I was curious about, whether they would accept you if you're not local/living there.
You dun need to be "local", but u haf to let them know u frenquently living there and got a residential address... like we usually go there 6 - 8 times a year, we haf been told we need at least a residential address. All we can get from JP now is rubber bands, deployment clasp, ss bracklets...
Old 13 May 2024, 09:15 PM   #8
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0020926 View Post
You dun need to be "local", but u haf to let them know u frenquently living there and got a residential address... like we usually go there 6 - 8 times a year, we haf been told we need at least a residential address. All we can get from JP now is rubber bands, deployment clasp, ss bracklets...
Interesting, thanks for sharing. If that's the case then I'll probably just stick to my local boutique.
Old 13 May 2024, 10:39 PM   #9
s0020926
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting, thanks for sharing. If that's the case then I'll probably just stick to my local boutique.
Thatz wat they usually told their customer in my country, ‘to stick wif ur local boutique, the one u usually get allocation, not even the one just few streets away’ …
Old 14 May 2024, 06:23 AM   #10
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I think your best bet is to stick to one boutique for both profiles to get the allocations you want. Just my opinion.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 11:30 PM   #11
Balance
"TRF" Member

Profiles don't matter as much as your SA. So if one is selling you watches, I wouldn't expend the time, energy and money trying to cultivate another.

One member here was an American that had success in Japan, however I think situations like that are few and far between.
Balance is offline   Reply With Quote