The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 May 2024, 04:55 AM   #1
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
<<< The Beagle Has Landed >>>

My friend Cru Jones said I could use a little blue in my modest collection, so I took his advice.

I’ve always loved the story behind this watch and to quote Cru from an earlier conversation … this watch is “such a great mix of serious, whimsy and history”.

Everyone knows this reference well by now, so I figured I’d just share my initial impressions and provide a few very amateur photos comparing it to my 321.

To me the star of the show is the dial. It’s impossible to photograph and it usually comes out looking whiter than it really is. It’s a chameleon of rich opalescent shimmery silver. It’s has a lot of depth.

The blue ceramic bezel and subdials are darker than they appear in photos and they too change in color depending on the light.

The watch wears very well, not too tall IMO and about the same as my 321. I ordered the polished bracelet for the Speedy Pro and it should arrive on Wednesday. I’m a bracelet guy through and through and after seeing a few of you owners here opt for this I decided to do the same

As to which I prefer more, the 321 still reigns supreme. It just feels more special and of higher quality finish … not that the Snoopy is a dog … well I mean he is, but you get the point

Btw, it’s Norma approved

Anyway, happy Saturday folks thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote