View Single Post
Old 20 April 2019, 01:30 AM   #100
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey View Post
Totally Agree with you here. I'm reading all of these and just saying wow ....

In a lot of industries you sign non-disclosure agreements , non-compete clauses that last years . Loyalty is King.
Not to mention the time and money your current employer has invested in you over the last year.
i get the point. it goes both ways though. big companies cut pensions long ago. if they were truly concerned about loyalty perhaps they would reconsider them. i see both sides of the coin a lot and i can tell you that if you can cut the emotion out of it you'll be a better business person. it means being mature enough to understand anyone is replaceable and both will survive after the disassociation. it does not mean having a nonchalant attitude however.

the perspective changes from big companies to small businesses. one thing you should always remember as an employee or a business owner, everyone and everything other than thyself is temporary and replaceable. just ask larry ellison, bill gates or steve wynn. in some instances it takes truly horrible situations to figure that out.

loyalty should be expected and rewarded. but often it doesnt work that way. sometimes isnt given by the employee and often it isnt rewarded by the employer. i've seen many go unrewarded for years yet stick around and vice versa.

i myself am an extremely loyal person and i pride myself on that. but i dont expect the same loyalty out of everyone, contrary i expect the opposite and am sometimes happily surprised.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote