The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 December 2019, 03:13 AM   #31
12o'clockhigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: your six
On another note, I spoke with one SA who confided that he had a SS reference, but wasn't allowed to wear it to work. The feeling at that AD was that they didn't want to flaunt references in front of customers when the same watches are not available. From a 'have not' viewpoint (I'm still waiting), I thought that was a nice policy on their part, yet a shame that their SA's couldn't enjoy their own watches during their time at work.
12o'clockhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 03:24 AM   #32
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Is the culture around Rolex enthusiasts reached the point now where buyers are jealous of what a SA is wearing?
If the mindset, as another poster put it, so envious and bitter; I may just parachute out of this forum for once and for all.
Honestly. The posts about investment and valuation. AD’s. Waiting lists for hot sports models.... it’s getting really old.

This used to be a place where we could come and talk about the technical and design qualities of what I still think is one of the best made watches in all of horology, for what you pay for it. But has the conversation really come to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 03:56 AM   #33
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Wow.
They are human beings, with desires like the rest of us.
Are we saying an SA cannot own a Rolex? And if they own one, they can’t promote the brand by wearing it?
A friend of ours worked formRolex in NYC, Customer Service. She was required to own and wear a Rolex to greet customers.
Old 2 December 2019, 04:18 AM   #34
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaSubowner View Post
Is the culture around Rolex enthusiasts reached the point now where buyers are jealous of what a SA is wearing?
If the mindset, as another poster put it, so envious and bitter; I may just parachute out of this forum for once and for all.
Honestly. The posts about investment and valuation. AD’s. Waiting lists for hot sports models.... it’s getting really old.

This used to be a place where we could come and talk about the technical and design qualities of what I still think is one of the best made watches in all of horology, for what you pay for it. But has the conversation really come to this?

Where have you been?? It’s been spiraling down the last year with the influx of new priorities. This is a commodities forum now with questionable financial advice by very unqualified and anonymous players directing you how to spend your money and time.
I sometimes feel I am rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic with trying to steer back to a WIS focused theme.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 05:28 AM   #35
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
This is some entitled whining if I’ve ever seen one. God forbid a sales person, let alone a sales woman be wearing a watch you desire. Btw the fact that they’re wearing it means that it didn’t go out the back door to a gray (assuming they purchased the watch straight from the ad). The nicest watch I’ve seen on an AD was a gold Daytona. Why would I begrudge another watch enthusiast for owning something I may desire?

And before anyone jumps on me, let me remind you that the OP decided to specify sales woman. It’s clear what their personality is if you read the subtext.
Old 2 December 2019, 05:38 AM   #36
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Where have you been?? It’s been spiraling down the last year with the influx of new priorities. This is a commodities forum now with questionable financial advice by very unqualified and anonymous players directing you how to spend your money and time.

I sometimes feel I am rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic with trying to steer back to a WIS focused theme.

Think of my last comment as a long time in the works blow-up. Just know you are not alone on the deck. I’m just concerned that there are not enough of us.

NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 05:50 AM   #37
BLM2
"TRF" Member

The SA at RSC wears a SS Daytona.

Lee
BLM2 is offline   Reply With Quote