The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 December 2019, 01:30 AM   #11
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
Actually that's not entirely true. After this happened, I started looking for era correct replacement insert and the ones I was able to find were significantly more (in terms of % difference) than the service insert. Also note that this is in today's market. Ten, 15, 20 years from now, who knows. Look at the market for 4-digit inserts. I think we can agree that as a general rule, service insert aren't worth nearly as much as original inserts. I'm pretty confident that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who'd be willing to trade you a mint older insert for a new service insert, even a Luminova one. And as you alluded to (if I read that right), this goes beyond its raw resale value, this was the original "born as" insert to the watch and I wanted to keep it that way. At this point, what's left is to see how RSC makes this right.
Show me a completed sale price that is significantly more than the price people pay for a modern service insert and I’ll happily apologise for being wrong.

From what I can see, eBay shows completed sales for what are brand new inserts (still in sealed packaging) for several hundred pounds or dollars - all it proves to me is that a fool and their money are easily parted, as they clearly have no idea how cheap they are and how easily obtained they are.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote