The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 January 2020, 10:06 AM   #61
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I don't think an eye-roll or face palm rises to the level of "worked up".

As to "taking the time to post in a thread." Isn't that what we're all here for?
There have been plenty of comments in the past and even in this thread, that stretch beyond an eye roll. As I mentioned I don't mind a little sarcasm and humor, especially when it happens to answer the original question. All in good fun.

I'm just tired of reading judgmental and mean spirited comments from those that are supposed to be role models around here.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 10:24 AM   #62
DoxaDavid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
There have been plenty of comments in the past and even in this thread, that stretch beyond an eye roll. As I mentioned I don't mind a little sarcasm and humor, especially when it happens to answer the original question. All in good fun.

I'm just tired of reading judgmental and mean spirited comments from those that are supposed to be role models around here.
Duly noted. I don’t consider myself a watch snob at all but at first thought the OP’s post was frightfully lacking in basic common sense but upon reflection, can understand his question.

If I didn’t know that a modern Rolex had a sapphire crystal and knew that said crystals are virtually impervious to micro scratches, I may pose the same question so as to avoid damaging my expensive new watch.

I take back my belittling commentary about all future generations lack of common sense.

Of a side note, some of the replies have been very funny.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. " Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865
DoxaDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 10:27 AM   #63
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
Old T shirt works just fine..

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 10:32 AM   #64
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef82 View Post
I know that it is inevitable.. but dust sits on the dial everyday.. how do you guys wipe the dial? I do not want to have any micro scratches on the dial..

Edit** Sorry, I mean Sapphire Crystal***
Clean same way you might wipe a finger smudge or dust from any glass or screen. Any soft cloth such as an item of clothing you may have to hand.
Saphire crystal really doesn’t scratch easily at all. It tends to shatter if knocked inappropriately rather than scratch.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 11:45 AM   #65
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoxaDavid View Post
Duly noted. I don’t consider myself a watch snob at all but at first thought the OP’s post was frightfully lacking in basic common sense but upon reflection, can understand his question.

If I didn’t know that a modern Rolex had a sapphire crystal and knew that said crystals are virtually impervious to micro scratches, I may pose the same question so as to avoid damaging my expensive new watch.

I take back my belittling commentary about all future generations lack of common sense.

Of a side note, some of the replies have been very funny.

There have been some good ones!

Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote