The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2020, 10:28 PM   #1
mopsey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Exp2,BlkBy,SD
benefit of sevice/refurb

Hi,

I'm looking to sell my 2008 white dial 16570 to part fund another purchase. It's in fairly good general nick however it hasn't been serviced since new and it has a couple of cosmetic issues. I'd only had it a month before i went on holiday and damaged it on the rough surface on the bottom of the hotel swimming pool. The bezel and crystal are both slightly chipped.
Now, my question is is it worth forking out for a new bezel and crystal while being at rsc? I'm aware that Rolex won't service it without replacing them so would be quite expensive.
Or am I better off trying to shift it as is bearing in mind that I will take a hit on the money?

Cheers in advance
Old 20 April 2020, 10:37 PM   #2
LooseCann0n
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,Pepsi,SD4K
Should be around neutral - though a service and parts replacement may make the watch easier to shift.
However you will need to factor in the time taken to get back from RSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LooseCann0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 10:58 PM   #3
mopsey
"TRF" Member

Cheers. Doubt the new one will be available any time soon so there's no rush to be honest. Forunately, I've the cash for the new purchase if it materialises while the explorer is in for repair.
Old 20 April 2020, 11:01 PM   #4
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopsey View Post
Hi,

I'm looking to sell my 2008 white dial 16570 to part fund another purchase. It's in fairly good general nick however it hasn't been serviced since new and it has a couple of cosmetic issues. I'd only had it a month before i went on holiday and damaged it on the rough surface on the bottom of the hotel swimming pool. The bezel and crystal are both slightly chipped.
Now, my question is is it worth forking out for a new bezel and crystal while being at rsc? I'm aware that Rolex won't service it without replacing them so would be quite expensive.
Or am I better off trying to shift it as is bearing in mind that I will take a hit on the money?

Cheers in advance
I just had a service for an early 90s 16570 last year. Hadn’t ever seen the RSC, no papers. so you can imagine

Needed New bezel, new crystal, new rotor, a new link, full service. Was £990 incl VAT

The result was basically what was a haggard 16570 to a new watch, although slightly over polished.

I did this service to sell the watch, it was cost neutral. It gives me the confidence as I bought it used, that it now has new papers, and it has a 2 year warrantee with Rolex. For a private seller like me it gives confidence and makes it an easier Buy for the new buyer. So the new owner can go to rolex if there are any issues with time keeping etc, and not come to me weeks or months down the line. Just takes all the edge off
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 11:23 PM   #5
mopsey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
I just had a service for an early 90s 16570 last year. Hadn’t ever seen the RSC, no papers. so you can imagine

Needed New bezel, new crystal, new rotor, a new link, full service. Was £990 incl VAT

The result was basically what was a haggard 16570 to a new watch, although slightly over polished.

I did this service to sell the watch, it was cost neutral. It gives me the confidence as I bought it used, that it now has new papers, and it has a 2 year warrantee with Rolex. For a private seller like me it gives confidence and makes it an easier Buy for the new buyer. So the new owner can go to rolex if there are any issues with time keeping etc, and not come to me weeks or months down the line. Just takes all the edge off
Many thanks for that. Mine was BNIB from EJ in Bluewater so no issues with papers etc.
It's rather more than I'd hoped however I do like the idea of the watch going to someone else as I received it.

Food for thought.