The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 July 2020, 04:04 AM   #61
mr ling
"TRF" Member

Watch: my P&L
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynorth View Post
If I buy a product, then it is my product, and I can do with it as I please. A lot of people on here sound like women: how can I build a relationship; will they sell me another watch; how can I kiss their feet; should I give them a gift for selling me a watch. Jesus, people, become men.
What an utter sexist and ridiculous statement. Disgusting - even if I am to presume you made it in jest.
mr ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 04:21 AM   #62
makebread
"TRF" Member

Recently picked up an Explorer 1 from my AD. I found that the hands and dial were slightly misaligned (you can find my thread on here about that). It annoyed me. I also couldn't get a good fit with the bracelet. Also annoyed me.

The whole experience left a sour taste so I decided to sell it online.

There was one super interested buyer who seemed legit, we agreed on price etc. He wanted to put a deposit down on the watch via bank transfer so I would take the sales ad down, which made sense, but he only felt comfortable transferring me 10% if I could show him the serial. So I did.

He ended up being a rat. He told my AD. I got an angry email from them which I replied to, but never got a reply back.

I've been blacklisted. So be careful.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
makebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 04:50 AM   #63
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

They don't want you to take advantage of the market and just hand you money when they get you a hard to get piece. In your case of a YMII, I do not think they would care.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 08:01 AM   #64
Mr DateJust
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Lot of people saying sell it back to the AD as a option if you get tired of it. An AD will lowball you on a used watch no matter the model.
Mr DateJust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 08:10 AM   #65
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
On a hot model yes. On a PM model that isnt a hot seller no.

What's interesting is they flip to secondary sellers all the time with a double standard.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 08:13 AM   #66
Monty22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR, 116400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgottsman11 View Post
That's kinda ridiculous. People may have a change of heart. First, they probably wouldn't find out unless they asked you to present the watch to them at your next visit. Second, if I want to sell something, I'm not going to not sell it because someone told me not to. That's just my take.

I disagree. Flippers, speculators, etc are an affront to the hobby. I appreciate them looking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 08:18 AM   #67
Xenon
Banned

I will never know simply because my AD is solely a place to try on watches and then buy the watches I want from my internet Grey Dealer at a discount.
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 09:27 AM   #68
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2045 View Post
Do you have a say on how the AD spends your money after the sale?
Unless you pay with finance the watch is your property.
The watch is your property but the option to sell you another watch is the ADs right.
Old 3 July 2020, 09:34 AM   #69
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Yes, if the AD finds out it is a problem. If you really need to sell or just do not want it anymore and want to maintain the relationship I would talk to the AD. They might sell it for you in the case as used if they do that or trade you into something you want. Nobody's feelings hurt.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 12:08 PM   #70
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by makebread View Post
Recently picked up an Explorer 1 from my AD. I found that the hands and dial were slightly misaligned (you can find my thread on here about that). It annoyed me. I also couldn't get a good fit with the bracelet. Also annoyed me.

There was one super interested buyer who seemed legit, we agreed on price etc. He wanted to put a deposit down on the watch via bank transfer so I would take the sales ad down, which made sense, but he only felt comfortable transferring me 10% if I could show him the serial. So I did.

He ended up being a rat. He told my AD. I got an angry email from them which I replied to, but never got a reply back.

What did the email say? How and why did this person contact the AD?
Old 3 July 2020, 12:14 PM   #71
waynorth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
You didn’t learn much at school?

I learned not to kiss ass like you apparently.
waynorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 12:20 PM   #72
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr DateJust View Post
Lot of people saying sell it back to the AD as a option if you get tired of it. An AD will lowball you on a used watch no matter the model.
I don’t know who your contact is at your AD, but go to a the owner, not some sales rep. Establish a relationship, don’t screw around with flipping, buy your watches through them, and they should take care of you. The local owner of a store paid me very well for all my watches because he knows I will keep coming back, and I am priority on wait lists because of it. This is not called kissing ass, it is business, win-win so both sides win. I want the watches I want and quick, and he wants recurring revenue.
JRell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 01:22 PM   #73
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
On a hot model yes. On a PM model that isnt a hot seller no.

What's interesting is they flip to secondary sellers all the time with a double standard.
You need to help the forum members understand that secondary market is filled with watches sold by AD's to resellers, How is it possible so many secondary market dealers can get their hands on any reference whether that is steel sports or whatever metal, gem set/ dial configuration you want there are secondary market dealers who can get it.
Old 3 July 2020, 01:24 PM   #74
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
WHO. CARES.

once you buy it, it is YOUR property. being that you have to wait 400 years for a watch these days, i've picked up pieces i didn't want when the call came and i traded or sold to get what i was after.
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 01:35 PM   #75
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
Quote:

Yeah... that’s the risk. If you decide to sell, it’s best it never goes online and goes to a friend who wants it.

The AD gets blistered by Rolex over this stuff if they find it online.

BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 01:43 PM   #76
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:

I’m not doubting your story at all.

But.... for an Explorer? Some ADs must think they walk on water.

42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 04:16 PM   #77
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraaa View Post
An AD had me sign an agreement before putting me on a wait list that if I sell the Sub during one year from the purchase date they will not sell me any Rolex watches.
And in other news that never happened.
ThatSubGuy is offline   Reply With Quote