The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 7 December 2020, 11:38 AM   #1
FrankNYC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SubC & Red;JLC RDM
Omega Seamaster 007 James Bond No Time To Die Titanium Worth it?

Omega salesperson is offering me either the bracelet or NATO versions at msrp. He’ll even throw in a pen, and other swag. I’m wondering if this will be a good pick-up or not.
I do like the look and feel (light titanium) but am annoyed that they don’t offer both bracelet and NATO at the price they are asking (there are slots in the case for an extra strap and tool. They really dropped the ball here, I think)

Do you think that this is a watch that will tank a year or two out? I’m thinking of waiting until msrp drops to 25-40% (as most omegas do) before picking one up.
FrankNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Cassidy776
Banned

There"s this new technique........its called negotiating. Even at an OB, they'll throw in the strap when buying the bracelet version. Buying from an AD, should get you a pretty attractive discount, by today's standards...........I know I did!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0ECEB192-14A9-46BD-9AA2-A530945F5318_1_201_a.jpeg (263.0 KB, 429 views)
Cassidy776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2020, 12:13 PM   #3
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy776 View Post
There"s this new technique........its called negotiating. Even at an OB, they'll throw in the strap when buying the bracelet version. Buying from an AD, should get you a pretty attractive discount, by today's standards...........I know I did!!!
It looks so nice!

can I ask you the ball park of the discount?
>10%?
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2020, 12:15 PM   #4
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNYC View Post
Omega salesperson is offering me either the bracelet or NATO versions at msrp. He’ll even throw in a pen, and other swag. I’m wondering if this will be a good pick-up or not.
I do like the look and feel (light titanium) but am annoyed that they don’t offer both bracelet and NATO at the price they are asking (there are slots in the case for an extra strap and tool. They really dropped the ball here, I think)

Do you think that this is a watch that will tank a year or two out? I’m thinking of waiting until msrp drops to 25-40% (as most omegas do) before picking one up.
I totally agree that the watch should include the bracelet and NATO; many other Omega sport watches come with strap options. The frustrating part is the elevated price point (above other Seamasters) for the new Bond watch. For the cost, it should have all the strap variations!

Who knows if the market value will drop in time? Although most regular model Omegas have a healthy drop in value, I would guess that the trajectory for this one will be more similar to the limited edition Bond variations that have come out over the years. I know that the new Bond watch is not technically going to be "limited," but it sure has that feel. I don't think they will be as plentiful as the typical excellent Seamasters.

My guess is that this one probably won't have a significant drop in value, if any at all. Doesn't make your decision any easier -- best wishes!
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2020, 12:19 PM   #5
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

I share the same feelings of the OP.
My issue is that if the ADs are already discounting, this watch will have a drop in value for sure.
Old 7 December 2020, 09:55 PM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I bought the NTTD shortly after introduction and really liked the watch. I was in it deep and was concerned upon wide release the watch would lose significant value so I sold it. Missed it from day one but based on events and sale patterns pre covid the trend is that the watches do lose significant value after a bit. The watches then rebound when availability wains and then settle at true market value. With the movie continuing to be delayed and the watch still not widely released the values have held tight. Upon release of the movie I would suspect the watch will hit full on and there maybe a dip but the watch is a SE not a LE and Omega will stop production and move on to the next Bond watch. Several variations will arrive on the scene for less money but they will not be the NTTD. I circled back around and bought a second NTTD for fair market price from a Trusted Seller and got the titanium bracelet and the NATO. Go find the watch and negotiate and get your best price, pay and enjoy the watch. In the long run I do not think you will lose much, if any money. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200718_101939 (002).jpg (209.6 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg 20200723_132037 (002).jpg (222.5 KB, 400 views)
File Type: jpg 20200722_114329 (002).jpg (165.4 KB, 394 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2020, 11:09 AM   #7
Trog
Banned

I picked up the NATO version and added an aftermarket mesh for a fraction of the price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bond3r.jpg (268.3 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg Omega 007 Mesh1r.jpg (121.3 KB, 362 views)
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 02:46 AM   #8
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
It looks so nice!

can I ask you the ball park of the discount?
>10%?
I was able to secure a 16% discount plus the Nato Strap from a AD......the OB would only include a strap ........
Cassidy776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 04:25 AM   #9
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
I was able to secure a 16% discount plus the Nato Strap from a AD......the OB would only include a strap ........
Even with that discount its a pretty penny.

The watch is a looker, no doubt.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 05:43 AM   #10
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is concerning to me.
I would rather not have discounts at all than having ADs applying 16%.
Now It's more improbable that the reference will hold value.
Old 9 December 2020, 11:22 AM   #11
FrankNYC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SubC & Red;JLC RDM
So I was at the mall again today and I think I’ll wait until the watch drops in value, which I think it will, based on the following:
The OB and an AD a few stores down had both versions still! It’s not like these things are flying out the door. Two: the OB has a full-on OO7 display, with stuck-on signage and all. If they were to sell out of the watch then that display section would look really sad (meaning they probably a load of them in the back to prevent this from happening).

I remember seeing the titanium SM 300 (41mm retro version) at an OB when they first came out. MSRP was 9k held out and got it for 3,900! Don’t think these will go below 4K but I’m betting it’ll be in 5ish k within a year or two.
FrankNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 11:52 AM   #12
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Purchased @ MSRP with boutique. It's a piece I enjoy whenever it comes on the wrist. Very subtle yet well made watch that's great for conversations with none watch people hah.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 12:34 PM   #13
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If you’re buying from an actual Omega Boutique, there is no discount on their watches. However, you can see if they will throw in a NATO straps.

You can usually get a discount at an AD depending on how popular the watch is.

Good luck!
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 12:41 PM   #14
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I was at the mall again today and I think I’ll wait until the watch drops in value, which I think it will, based on the following:
The OB and an AD a few stores down had both versions still! It’s not like these things are flying out the door. Two: the OB has a full-on OO7 display, with stuck-on signage and all. If they were to sell out of the watch then that display section would look really sad (meaning they probably a load of them in the back to prevent this from happening).

I remember seeing the titanium SM 300 (41mm retro version) at an OB when they first came out. MSRP was 9k held out and got it for 3,900! Don’t think these will go below 4K but I’m betting it’ll be in 5ish k within a year or two.
You sort of described the scene at all Rolex boutiques! All signage and no watches!!!
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 02:00 PM   #15
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
If you’re buying from an actual Omega Boutique, there is no discount on their watches. However, you can see if they will throw in a NATO straps.

You can usually get a discount at an AD depending on how popular the watch is.

Good luck!
Discount unless is the new Snoopy 50 ;)

Too bad Omega is not paying more attention to the NTTD inflation.
It’s a very nice piece, and I’m seriously considering it. But knowing that AD are discounting and they have plenty of references on display is annoying.
Especially with the price requested.
They were marketing this as a limited production.
How can it be limited if you can find it ready to buy.
I really don’t get it. Are they betraying their own reference?