The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 29 December 2020, 01:50 AM   #1
samgobigs
"TRF" Member

Inner workings of the ‘List’

I understand that an AD will not offer a desirable stainless steel model to a random customer with no purchase history. But let’s say that person has bought some watches and now has a ‘relationship’ with the AD.

Now that there is an established relationship, here are some questions I am hoping someone more experienced in the inner dealings of Rolex dealership someone can answer:

How does the AD prioritize exsisting clients with a relationship? Is it based on amount spent? Say two customers are interested in the same watch. Is someone with a 200k purchase history more likely to get a call than someone with a 50k spend history? And if the dealership offers the client with a 200k purchase history, would that person then goto the bottom of the list to give a chance to other customers?

Or is it on a first-come first-serve? (I would guess this is unlikely but perhaps most fair)

Or is it on the length of the relationship? Say someone who has been a loyal customer for 10 years is seen as more desirable than a new customer who made more recent purchases?

For me, I have about a 30k purchase history having bought 2 Rolex and an Omega from the same dealer, and wondering how likely is it I have a chance at getting a watch such as Daytona or Pepsi.

I am genuinely very interested topic, and if someone could shed some answers or share some of your experiences, I would be most interested.
samgobigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 03:42 AM   #2
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Inner workings of the ‘List’

Your best bet is to ask this very question to your AD. We wouldn’t be able to give you a definitive answer just speculation.

My experience: I have been shopping with my AD since 2011. I am by no means a big spender. Their typical clientele are, both local and visitors. Only significant purchases are an engagement ring, and wedding bands. I asked them for the watches I am interested in and I got them in reasonable time.

Everyone has different experiences
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote