The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 7 April 2021, 02:29 PM   #31
ixd88
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust MOP
PP absolutely scares me as far as second hand market goes ;/ AS A BUYER THAT IS
ixd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 09:20 PM   #32
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsgq View Post
So true, I was actually offered a 5712/1A from Tiffany's within a month of inquiring on it. I got lucky with the sales guy I guess as he took a liking to me and vice vera. But as fate would have it, I declined it as I thought the Tiffany writing on the dial made the already busy dial too busy looking. So I ended up buying a non Tiffany branded 5712/1A within 6 months afterwards. Clearly from a valuation perspective I had no idea the Tiffany ones would pop up as much as they have as they were trading within a 10 to 15% premium at best.

At any rate, the 5712/1A is an absolutely gorgeous watch and my personal favorite in the Nautilus lineup. But yes, it wasn't the most difficult watch to buy pre 2017.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Crazy how times have changed. I put my name down in 2015, no problem whatsoever, and that was my first Patek and in fact my first visit to the Salon. Got it almost 12 months later with no prior purchase history. It seems I was lucky to get it just before things started to go crazy.
CastorKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 06:41 AM   #33
Ubiquitous1984
"TRF" Member

I shared my experience with this watch in January.

I bought a 5146r last year from an AD, on the basis that it would get me a place on the waiting list for a sports watch. I put my name down for the 5712/1A and I got super lucky as within a few months they had one in stock that they sold to me.

The 5146r was my first Patek but I had also purchased approx. eight Rolex's over a five year period from them, and have not sold any of them.

They are available from the AD but you have to get lucky and build the relationship.
Ubiquitous1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 11:27 AM   #34
David001
Banned

I think those last two examples are fairly standard, in 2015 and before if you were lucky you could get on a waiting list and expect to get one in 12-24 months.

In 2020 if you'd got a good history and spent maybe £100,000 already and you had a good relationship with your dealer then again maybe within a year or so.

I was chatting with my AD about a 5711 around the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020 and they told me they weren't putting people on the wait list unless they'd spent upwards of £50k already. In a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the same people they told me that has increased to £200k because otherwise the list would be too long.

The orders have increased a lot, just over a year ago I put a rose gold Daytona on order, they told me that with my purchase history it would be three months maximum. I still don't have one and they can't tell me when it might come now. I think I got pushed way down the list by bigger spenders who will buy up anything that comes in just to hold onto as 'investments'.
David001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 08:08 PM   #35
Trainedmonkey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David001 View Post
I think those last two examples are fairly standard, in 2015 and before if you were lucky you could get on a waiting list and expect to get one in 12-24 months.

In 2020 if you'd got a good history and spent maybe £100,000 already and you had a good relationship with your dealer then again maybe within a year or so.

I was chatting with my AD about a 5711 around the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020 and they told me they weren't putting people on the wait list unless they'd spent upwards of £50k already. In a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the same people they told me that has increased to £200k because otherwise the list would be too long.

The orders have increased a lot, just over a year ago I put a rose gold Daytona on order, they told me that with my purchase history it would be three months maximum. I still don't have one and they can't tell me when it might come now. I think I got pushed way down the list by bigger spenders who will buy up anything that comes in just to hold onto as 'investments'.
I got my 5711 in blue this year, probably one of the last ones; Papers are dated end of January -21. Had a similar experience. Got the watch in about 15 months after asking for one. It was our fourth Patek from the same dealer, so maybe 150k shopping history. They basically put me first or second on the list. Serviced all the watches trough them as well.
Trainedmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 10:18 PM   #36
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by David001 View Post
I was really trying to hunt for WG Daytona, since I consider it much more beautiful (and more rare, thus probably also more valuable in the future) than the regular SS version. Nope, no way.
CastorKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote