The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 June 2021, 09:13 PM   #91
17noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I just wanted to add my current experience with RSC in HK. I dropped off my Daytona as I've noticed the winding feels a bit different compared to my other Daytonas. I am also aware there is a large spec of dust on the dial, so I thought might as well take it to RSC to fix these. Note: It is still under the 5 year warranty (about 1.5 years remaining).

They called back saying watch seems to be touched by someone else and slight polish, so they will the void warranty. I kept asking what exactly do you mean by touched by someone else, but they couldn't provide a clear example. Kept giving me a comparison of electronics - like if someone touched electronic appliances then the warranty is void. They still have not answered my question, what or how it was "touched". I did buy this on the secondary market, so I am not denying anything. I just wanted to know what was the reason they said that.

Anyways, they are getting the watch pressure tested and come back to me with a quote for full service, etc.

I've been to RSC many times as I have a decent collection. Just feels like RSC is trying to deny any services under warranty, but will happily tell you to do full service at a cost. This has happened to me with a No Date Sub, about a year old watch, and wanted to get authenticated. They said the movement looks like need some oil, etc. I know they are a business, but definitely lose that credibility with this type of tactics.
17noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 09:58 PM   #92
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

Would probably cost around $1200 for the RSC to restore your watch to specs. I suggest you do it, which will include a 2-yr warranty. Then stop tinkering with the watch, and just enjoy wearing it.
Sgooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 11:27 PM   #93
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

OP, did you contact the seller to get some history on the watch? Perhaps they opened it to verify authenticity.
Old 23 June 2021, 11:31 PM   #94
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Wouldn’t they still check the SN?

OP, how did you source the watch? I’m assuming you’re not the original owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
I am not the original owner of that watch. How would that void the warranty?
I think he means your watch is already in the system as being flagged, so even without the bracelet, they would still consider it voided.

That said, that's complete BS. Unless there is some other factor we don't know about. Polishing the watch shouldn't ever voice the warranty unless it was butchered to the point of affecting functionality. Can we see a pic of the watch?
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 11:33 PM   #95
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsubby View Post
I think many that replied need to chill a bit. Rolex determined the case, not just the bracelet, was polished. How they determined it, I don't know but they did, and the work wasn't done by RSC.
With that out of the way, please see perpetualman88's response in regards to case polishing done by 3rd party. It only makes sense.
This is a watch thread about a warranty concern, not a riot with pitchforks burning down the house. There is no reason to tell us to "chill a bit". If a watch thread is too much for you handle then simply leave the thread.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote