The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 December 2021, 05:55 PM   #1
Htab
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: To many
Bracelet swap affect price?

I Bought a brick complete with box and papers. After registering it with AP it shows up as a leather strap model not a bracelet. Is that normal for leather straps to be swapped with bracelets? Bracelet is real AP, my Concern is will this affect resale? Should price be based on the leather strap model price with a little extra for the bracelet? I paid bracelet model price. I love the watch and seller is great and willing to refund money. I just want go see the consensus on value and pricing.
Htab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 06:15 PM   #2
icjewelry2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16613lb
I've wondered about this too. Not for myself, but I've seen other people buy on strap and make it the full brick by adding bracelet....wish I had more AP knowledge!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
icjewelry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 07:22 PM   #3
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

I don't see the problem. If the watch is fine and the bracelet also comes from AP then what is the issue?
On the contrary you have a bracelet and the strap, that's great!
I did the same on a steel ROO. Bought the watch, which was coming on strap and added a bracelet a couple years later.
By the way, it is more expensive for the buyer to buy on strap and add the bracelet later...
AP sells its steel and gold bracelet for a damn fortune
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 01:38 AM   #4
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
I think the issue would be if you swapped from bracelet to leather, not the other way around. Seems like you made out in this case.
Old 6 December 2021, 01:51 AM   #5
Htab
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the comments. My other concern is there is no strap included. Only the bracelet.
Old 6 December 2021, 01:53 AM   #6
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

All original will always be worth more, the amount I do not know. However if the description was not correct, they should refund the money or give you a discount reflecting the error. BUT if you are solely worried about the investment, which sounds the case, I would return
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 01:55 AM   #7
Htab
2024 Pledge Member

If I have an issue with the bracelet will it be covered under warranty since it didn’t come with the bracelet from the factory?
Old 6 December 2021, 01:58 AM   #8
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

It will marginally, but if you got a good price, it's not going to be material. Just add a new strap for a few hundred and get peace of mind while enjoying both options.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 01:59 AM   #9
seadubs
"TRF" Member

Its def worth less, up to 20% less.
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 03:16 AM   #10
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htab View Post
Thanks for the comments. My other concern is there is no strap included. Only the bracelet.
Straps are wear items in any case. Just get a new one from AP. Should be in the noise, money-wise. Btw, a few pics would make the thread much more entertaining
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 03:34 AM   #11
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I Bought a brick complete with box and papers. After registering it with AP it shows up as a leather strap model not a bracelet. Is that normal for leather straps to be swapped with bracelets? Bracelet is real AP, my Concern is will this affect resale? Should price be based on the leather strap model price with a little extra for the bracelet?
My guess for the price of the bracelet alone from AP would be $35-40k, i.e., a little more than the difference between strap and bracelet model at MSRP. I don't think one would expect the seller to throw in a $35k bracelet for "a little extra".

If the seller is willing to work with you, I'd have AP confirm that the bracelet is genuine and quote the price for the bracelet. Then the price for the strap model + price for bracelet - price for strap/buckle - moderate discount for your troubles would seem reasonable.
Old 6 December 2021, 04:13 AM   #12
Htab
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
My guess for the price of the bracelet alone from AP would be $35-40k, i.e., a little more than the difference between strap and bracelet model at MSRP. I don't think one would expect the seller to throw in a $35k bracelet for "a little extra".

If the seller is willing to work with you, I'd have AP confirm that the bracelet is genuine and quote the price for the bracelet. Then the price for the strap model + price for bracelet - price for strap/buckle - moderate discount for your troubles would seem reasonable.
I guess my main concern is It’s technically not a “brick” if it didn’t leave the factory like that. If I ever resell i would disclose it was a strap since i want full disclosure. Then I’m sure who ever buys it would want a better price. I wish AP put the model number on the card like Rolex. I’m actually pretty disappointed because I love the watch.
Old 6 December 2021, 04:31 AM   #13
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I guess my main concern is It’s technically not a “brick” if it didn’t leave the factory like that. If I ever resell i would disclose it was a strap since i want full disclosure. Then I’m sure who ever buys it would want a better price. I wish AP put the model number on the card like Rolex. I’m actually pretty disappointed because I love the watch.
I think the long digits indicate that already on the card.

You are probably over thinking it. When you buy you get a small hair if a discount vs original card being strap only. When you sell, if you sell, you pass on that small hair of a discount to the next buyer.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 01:17 PM   #14
indianmachine
"TRF" Member

what is a brick in this context?
indianmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 01:43 PM   #15
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmachine View Post
what is a brick in this context?
3/4 pound chunk of pink gold like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brick.jpg (186.6 KB, 192 views)
Old 7 December 2021, 11:15 PM   #16
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
I Bought a brick complete with box and papers. After registering it with AP it shows up as a leather strap model not a bracelet. Is that normal for leather straps to be swapped with bracelets? Bracelet is real AP, my Concern is will this affect resale? Should price be based on the leather strap model price with a little extra for the bracelet? I paid bracelet model price. I love the watch and seller is great and willing to refund money. I just want go see the consensus on value and pricing.
In your case, there is no problem at all. Most people would preferred to have both strap and bracelet. All you need to do is purchase the strap from AP and keep it or use it as alternative, so you have both. When you sell it, you can charge extra for the bracelet.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 11:34 PM   #17
bullies
"TRF" Member

Agree with the others who say it's better to have bracelet than leather.
If you want to add the leather you can always email AP and purchase it. Very easy and straight forward.
I'm sure AP would service it on bracelet too.
You said you love it. I say keep it
AP 15400
bullies is offline   Reply With Quote