The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 December 2021, 03:24 PM   #1
xkactetx
"TRF" Member

New to Rolex looking to build a relationship with AD in NY/NJ

Please recommend an AD in NY/NJ that you have found trustworthy and offering good service. Trying to acquire my first Rolex. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you
xkactetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 03:31 PM   #2
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

I hope you look good in a ladies watch with diamonds.

Seriously, there are endless threads on this topic. The truth is: it’s not easy, it’s not likely, but it’s possible. Over the last few years things have changed from Daytonas are hard to get, to stainless professional series are hard to get, to now PM is hard to get, day date is hard to get, to even a date just is hard to get.

You can most likely register interest at multiple ADs and get no where, but you might get lucky. People here get watches all the time. Many new clients are getting a watch months after asking, so it can happen.
HideMyWalletPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 06:26 PM   #3
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkactetx View Post
Please recommend an AD in NY/NJ that you have found trustworthy and offering good service. Trying to acquire my first Rolex. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you
What watch are you after?
This will help us tailor our responses
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 06:33 PM   #4
aj1987
"TRF" Member

Try the Rolex AD in Short Hills mall. They just opened it. Ask for Chris there. He's super nice and friendly.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 06:41 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Most all of the so called AD relationship stuff mainly exists in internet land all ADs are just retail stores that sells watches nothing more.And like all retail stores just treat them the same respect you would give to any other retail store.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 07:11 PM   #6
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Relationship builders arrive by the bucket full at ADs,all around the world .
99% are instant cash grabbers .

Decide what makes you sincere and I think you are in the wrong town for ADs ..
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 08:13 PM   #7
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
choose an AD who also sell jewelry, buy jewelry worth 100k+ from them, relationship established! you can then ask for a submariner or gmt master.

Last edited by rambo99; 24 December 2021 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: .
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 09:20 PM   #8
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
If Rolex is the only brand that you plan to purchase your timepieces, go to Rolex boutique, they sell only Rolex, so you don't have to worry about buying jewelry or other brands that you don't want to.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 09:22 AM   #9
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
If Rolex is the only brand that you plan to purchase your timepieces, go to Rolex boutique, they sell only Rolex, so you don't have to worry about buying jewelry or other brands that you don't want to.
….just some precious metal ladies DJ with diamonds on the dial
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 09:37 AM   #10
stevestil
"TRF" Member

New to Rolex looking to build a relationship with AD in NY/NJ

Very difficult to build a relationship in NYC however it is definitely not impossible. I visited various AD’s in NYC before I decided where I would spend my money. Of course I want some Rolexes, but I wanted a few omegas first. This was a few months ago and after spending some $ and becoming friends with my SA, I got a call for a CHNR and picked it up.

If you are looking for your first Rolex and have no patience or don’t want to explore any other watches, honestly just go grey and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 10:14 AM   #11
TomCarter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
choose an AD who also sell jewelry, buy jewelry worth 100k+ from them, relationship established! you can then ask for a submariner or gmt master.
You’ve cracked the code
TomCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 11:38 AM   #12
boxed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
Try the Rolex AD in Short Hills mall. They just opened it. Ask for Chris there. He's super nice and friendly.
Great guy, Chris showed me this last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2510.jpg (188.1 KB, 148 views)
boxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 11:59 AM   #13
malba2366
"TRF" Member

The Boutique at Short Hills is really nice, the staff is all very pleasant and they have lots of display models to look at. With all that being said who knows how hard it will be to get a watch. The salesman I spoke with was very optimistic about the recent influx of sport watches that they had gotten in, but of course there is no certainty right now. The number one thing to remember is to be genuine and not to seem like a flipper..walk in there and show genuine interest in one or two pieces (not a SS Daytona/Blue face skydweller at first), and don't put on the act that you have enough money to buy anything in the place, or say silly things like "I will buy whatever you can get me etc..."

What I would really like to know is how the watches are divided up at a store like this with 10 or so salespeople....all the sales people obviously want to sell the watch to there clients, so it can not be solely up to the salespeople who gets what. Do the managers decide based on previous sales or some other factors? I tried to bing up previous purchases I made at the VCA boutique owned by the same Jeweler and was told they are not allowed to consider that.
malba2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 11:33 PM   #14
xkactetx
"TRF" Member

Im undecided between the Daytona and Yacht Master i was lucky enough to get the new AP 43mm offshore after only a 6 month wait hopefully I can have a similar experience with Rolex. I like short hills mall and will try them out. Thank you
xkactetx is offline   Reply With Quote