The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 December 2021, 12:34 AM   #1
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Working with multiple SAs at AD?

I've purchased a few watches at my local AD over the past two years: BB58, DJ36, Speedmaster pro.

After I bought the DJ I asked if I could get on the list for a GMT BLNR. I was told the list was long, but that my spend history was pretty good and maybe I should consider a Speedmaster on my way to a GMT (wink-wink). Well, luckily a speedy was a watch I really wanted anyway, so I figured it was a win-win to go ahead and get it. However, the problem(?) is that when I went in to buy the Speedy, the SA I usually work with (and with whom I had discussed the GMT...) wasn't in, so I bought the Speedy from a different SA. My questions is: Do you think I set myself back with regard to the GMT, or will the manager (who I assume allocates) will simply see it as loyalty to the store (if not a single SA)? Also, when I go back in to the store in the next month or so to check in about the GMT, should I speak with the former SA, the recent SA, or the manager?

I know all of the AD-relationship talk is tedious, so I appreciate your thoughts! Thanks, folks!
Alex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:41 AM   #2
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

Did you mention to the 2nd SA that you already have one?

At my AD there is some courtesy among SAs. If my SA is absent and I mention his name, he will still get credit for the transaction.
Old 30 December 2021, 12:50 AM   #3
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpt.calvin View Post
Did you mention to the 2nd SA that you already have one?

At my AD there is some courtesy among SAs. If my SA is absent and I mention his name, he will still get credit for the transaction.
I only mentioned that I had made previous purchases and she did look up my store profile, so she must know who I worked with before. Perhaps I screwed up. The manager did take notice my most recent purchase, though, so I'm thinking about speaking directly to him my next time in. But perhaps that's disrespectful to the SAs? Why does this have to be so complicated? Haha...Oh well...
Old 30 December 2021, 12:50 AM   #4
rtalk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710T
Pick one person from here on out and never stray.
116519 Grey dial Oysterflex Daytona. 116500 Black. 116710BLNR. 16710T. Rolex Explorer I 39MM. 4 digit DateJust. JLC Master Control with Sector Dial. Omega FOIS. Grand Seiko Four Seasons (Spring Version). Tudor Royal. IWC Cal 83 (~1940s). 41MM sub. Omega CK859.
rtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 12:58 AM   #5
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. I usually text my SA to see when he will be in so I can talk to him and no one else if I can help it.

Which Speedy did you get?
Old 30 December 2021, 01:00 AM   #6
lusfort
"TRF" Member

it depends on the compensation structure of the SAs within the AD. If they are running personal commissions then he/she will be peeved. If the allocation was done by the manager, then no harm done, however often the allocation of the pieces gets rotated across SAs. I would have waited for my usual SA to be in to make the purchase
lusfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 01:01 AM   #7
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Yeah i would have just stuck with one because from my limited experience, your AD advocates pieces for you to management. You just cost your original SA their commission by working with another SA and perhaps dampened their motivation to advocate for you. Butt if the 2nd SA gave the 1st SA the commission instead then perhaps you’re ok.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 01:04 AM   #8
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I chat with all of the SA’s at my dealer but they all know whose client I am. Any purchase there would be arranged by him.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 01:16 AM   #9
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you

It’s best to send a message to your SA before you visit, if he/she is not in they will tell you who to see, so their colleague will help you but sale still goes to him/her.

Maybe you should message your regular SA now to inform him/her that you stopped by for the Speedy the other day and bought it from a colleague. Then just ask when you can expect your BLNR…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 01:34 AM   #10
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Not a good look in my opinion.

I would have messaged my SA prior to going in and seeing if they were there and If not- would have just waited to buy the speedy when they were in.

Like others have mentioned- your SA is the one who will advocate for you when it comes time to get you a piece. If they think you’ll just go with any SA at the blink of an eye to make a purchase and can’t wait until your regular SA is in especially for a speedy which is available 24/7 365, not sure how much motivation your SA would have to vouch for you.

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 01:46 AM   #11
TomCarter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestil View Post
Not a good look in my opinion.

I would have messaged my SA prior to going in and seeing if they were there and If not- would have just waited to buy the speedy when they were in.

Like others have mentioned- your SA is the one who will advocate for you when it comes time to get you a piece. If they think you’ll just go with any SA at the blink of an eye to make a purchase and can’t wait until your regular SA is in especially for a speedy which is available 24/7 365, not sure how much motivation your SA would have to vouch for you.

Exactly this
TomCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 02:14 AM   #12
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Just move up and start dealing with the main manager….
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 02:30 AM   #13
norcalctr
"TRF" Member

I would think your original SA would get the credit for the purchase since you can only have one SA. Customers sometimes need to come by the store to make a purchase and can't always wait for your assigned SA to be working at the time, especially if you live out of state or a different country. Now I don't think your original SA would be thrilled knowing that you bought behind their back and didn't give them a heads up. This is what could hurt you in the future if your original SA gets an allocation on a SS Rolex piece and they're not happy with you.
norcalctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2021, 03:18 AM   #14
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpt.calvin View Post
I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. I usually text my SA to see when he will be in so I can talk to him and no one else if I can help it.

Which Speedy did you get?
The new 3861 Hesalite on the bracelet - Love it!
Old 30 December 2021, 03:25 AM   #15
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Ok...it does seem like I screwed up by not texting my original SA before I made the trip to the store. The thing is, I had really not planned on picking up a new watch. I was picking up Christmas presents for others and popped into the AD on a whim. The (new-to-me) SA greeted me upon entry and ended up offering me a nice discount on the Speedy, so I made an impulse purchase...I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'll explain to previous SA if I need to. Otherwise, I'll probably just speak with the manager next visit.

Thanks for the comments...