The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 March 2022, 09:58 AM   #151
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
what kind of discount do you think one could get on a Moonshine Gold from an AD? 15%? 20%? 25%?
I'd pay retail and try to bundle it with Snoopy. Unless ofcourse, you have the Snoopy
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 10:58 AM   #152
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
Look... me and the Rolex people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're Rolex... I'm Omega. They got Oystersteel, mine is O-megasteel. They got the Deep Sea, I got the Ultra Deep. We both got green dial and bezel dive watches, and introductory model lines with a colorful array of dials, but my dials have no seeds....
Old 9 March 2022, 11:43 AM   #153
ml91
"TRF" Member

Hulk > Green SMP
Moonshine Green Speedy > Any Daytona
OP line > AT line (but the white dial 38mm is beautiful)

Wish Omega did not do this with the AT line, not a good look imo and I like the Green SMP but we can do without...

Hope the Omega's that are released this fall are much more unique. Still love Omega much more than Rolex tho...
ml91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 03:33 PM   #154
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Thanks for sharing. What struck me looking at this is how much better looking and balanced the speedy’s are compared to the Daytona’s, and I own both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega didn't write a full poem on the dial with just the "Omega Speedmaster Professional" which helps clean up the look vs the "Rolex Oyster Perpetual Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified Cosmograph Daytona"
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 04:05 PM   #155
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
These releases are really disappointing. It's so sad how unoriginal, unimaginative, and downright lazy these are.
Old 9 March 2022, 04:13 PM   #156
Bayarea7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
I'd pay retail and try to bundle it with Snoopy. Unless ofcourse, you have the Snoopy
Could a first time buyer get a discount on an all gold from an AD??
Bayarea7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 06:25 PM   #157
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
what kind of discount do you think one could get on a Moonshine Gold from an AD? 15%? 20%? 25%?

More chance of a discount if you wait until the end of the year and go to an AD rather than an OB. Also I would say max they would do would be 10%. Just my opinion however.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 06:26 PM   #158
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea7 View Post

Leave it 6 months or so and you may get a tickle.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 07:16 PM   #159
JC316
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Never hurts to ask. With that being said, there is a rumor Omega is telling ADs to refrain from giving discounts. I always ask.
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 10:35 PM   #160
vintage38
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
Never hurts to ask. With that being said, there is a rumor Omega is telling ADs to refrain from giving discounts. I always ask.
My AD said the same, no discounts on Omega. With the waiting list and ridiculous grey market prices on Rolex, I believe Omega has postioned themself perfectly in the market that they don't need to discount. I'm currently waiting for two Omega watches and a Rolex to come in. While the Omega's will probably take a few months I feel confident I'll get them in a timely mannor. With the Rolex it's a complete guessing game. Most folks myself included have really been turned offed by the Rolex purchasing experience, which has driven me to buying Omega. I'm sure Omega sales have dramatically increased with the empty cases in Rolex showrooms.
vintage38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 01:39 AM   #161
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
These releases are really disappointing. It's so sad how unoriginal, unimaginative, and downright lazy these are.
I agree, I usually see Omega as an innovator and I was looking forward to the releases this year. I liked that they had their own personality, but now they’ve dug their heels in on this “but we’re actually available” and are trying to capitalize on coveted designs by Rolex. Next year will they release a Pepsi dial? smh…
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 02:09 AM   #162
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

That AD is speaking only for themselves. Never buy an Omega at MSRP unless it is one of the few very rare models. Buddy just bought that hideous NTTD watch at 15% off last week. Boutiques generally don't discount, but the include extra straps etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage38 View Post
My AD said the same, no discounts on Omega. With the waiting list and ridiculous grey market prices on Rolex, I believe Omega has postioned themself perfectly in the market that they don't need to discount. I'm currently waiting for two Omega watches and a Rolex to come in. While the Omega's will probably take a few months I feel confident I'll get them in a timely mannor. With the Rolex it's a complete guessing game. Most folks myself included have really been turned offed by the Rolex purchasing experience, which has driven me to buying Omega. I'm sure Omega sales have dramatically increased with the empty cases in Rolex showrooms.
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 03:52 AM   #163
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Indeed, they should be releasing exciting, innovative new watch models like Rolex, not redials of the same old, same old.....

oh,

wait.....

Let's be honest, the range of wearable dial colors on what are ostensibly mens' watches is pretty limited- black, white, blue, grey, red. Maybe orange and yellow for the Doxa crowd.
Don't confuse Rolex as having invented colored dials with Rolex having popularized colored dials. They were just the biggest dog to follow the trend.
GO, for example, has been doing gorgeous green, red, brown, blue and "fade effect" dials for years. So has Seiko.

Quote:
Probably not, but a first time buyer actually has a chance of actually getting a watch. And even at full MSRP, that gold Speedy seems reasonable.
Old 10 March 2022, 06:13 AM   #164
marc12
Banned

Watch: Blue Steel SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epanerai12 View Post
Look... me and the Rolex people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're Rolex... I'm Omega. They got Oystersteel, mine is O-megasteel. They got the Deep Sea, I got the Ultra Deep. We both got green dial and bezel dive watches, and introductory model lines with a colorful array of dials, but my dials have no seeds....
underrated comment. the big mick!
marc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 07:27 AM   #165
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
I think I prefer the Sedna Speedmaster to these new Moonshine releases. Will have to see them in person.
djona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 07:56 AM   #166
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc12 View Post
underrated comment. the big mick!

Oh man, nice catch!! I admit it went over my head when I first read it!
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 09:46 AM   #167
Zartan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy
Why are some professional but others aren’t

Sorry for the noob question but why do some say Speedmaster” and other ones “Speedmaster Professional”. 50 meters? Not a tool watch? Didn’t meet some specification? Thanks
Zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 12:23 AM   #168
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Omega 2022 New Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartan View Post
Sorry for the noob question but why do some say Speedmaster” and other ones “Speedmaster Professional”. 50 meters? Not a tool watch? Didn’t meet some specification? Thanks

It's part of Omegas confusing campaign of speedy models. I have 6 omega watches and don't even know what to call my Speedmaster. Not sure if it's a moon watch or just a Speedmaster. Pro. Maybe not. Don't know for sure.

They are all equal (except for snoopy and 321 Ed White). Don't read too much into this naming convention.
Old 11 March 2022, 02:43 AM   #169
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I have never been much of a gold watch fan, they’re pretty but just don’t fit my lifestyle or self image. I might have to make an exception for either of the new Moonshine Speedmasters.
I bought a few parts and had a little service from the Omega Boutique in my old hometown, I don’t think there’s an Omega dealer anywhere near where I live now. I would imagine there will be an initial rush on these but what’s the general consensus on availabilty? Will I be able to get one of these without jumping through hoops?
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2022, 02:48 AM   #170
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I have never been much of a gold watch fan, they’re pretty but just don’t fit my lifestyle or self image. I might have to make an exception for either of the new Moonshine Speedmasters.
I bought a few parts and had a little service from the Omega Boutique in my old hometown, I don’t think there’s an Omega dealer anywhere near where I live now. I would imagine there will be an initial rush on these but what’s the general consensus on availabilty? Will I be able to get one of these without jumping through hoops?
I don't see why not? Omegas are readily available and you should be able to get one with a reasonable discount.
Old 12 March 2022, 02:21 AM   #171
VegasBaby
Banned

Other than the Gold Speedmasters.......this is just a sad series of releases..........Rolex rip-offs and watches no one asked for!!!!
VegasBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 02:46 PM   #172
Greglaw
Banned

Good, one less buyer. Thank you in advance. Very insightful. Actually not.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2022, 08:07 AM   #173
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
really want to see that Terracotta dial in person. high hopes for it.
The more I’m seeing of the red, the more I’m absolutely digging it. Fantastic color.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2022, 09:51 AM   #174
vintage38
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwill View Post
That AD is speaking only for themselves. Never buy an Omega at MSRP unless it is one of the few very rare models. Buddy just bought that hideous NTTD watch at 15% off last week. Boutiques generally don't discount, but the include extra straps etc.
I'd rather pay MSRP for a Omega from a AD than pay Gray market prices on a Rolex from some flipper working out of his appartment. Just my humble opinion.
vintage38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 12:57 AM   #175
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

Who bought Rolex into this? This is about Omega.

So, you are happy to buy a watch that loses 20% of its value as soon as you leave the store, when you could have shopped around and found an AD (there are many) that will give you 20% off on that very same watch? I am not an "investor", but I don't like leaving money on the table when discounts are readily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage38 View Post
I'd rather pay MSRP for a Omega from a AD than pay Gray market prices on a Rolex from some flipper working out of his appartment. Just my humble opinion.
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 05:58 AM   #176
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

If you could please pm me these ADs that are discounting 20% I would really appreciate it.

I’m being serious.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 06:46 AM   #177
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
If you could please pm me these ADs that are discounting 20% I would really appreciate it.

I’m being serious.
I don't think even Jomashop is doing that on SMP anymore.
Old 14 March 2022, 01:29 PM   #178
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
I don't think even Jomashop is doing that on SMP anymore.
SMPs and POs are still over 20% discounted on Joma.

I wouldn't buy from them but I wouldn't buy from boutique either unless it is boutique only or hard to source pieces. I got my speedy from an out of state AD with 30% (20%+tax) discount 2 years ago, it is hard to have that level of discount on speedies anymore, but 20% is doable on speedy and smp if you shop around.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 02:33 PM   #179
C0d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberalclown View Post
SMPs and POs are still over 20% discounted on Joma.

I wouldn't buy from them but I wouldn't buy from boutique either unless it is boutique only or hard to source pieces. I got my speedy from an out of state AD with 30% (20%+tax) discount 2 years ago, it is hard to have that level of discount on speedies anymore, but 20% is doable on speedy and smp if you shop around.
It's much more for Planet I Ocean but SMP isn't the case anymore.

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch...20-04-001.html

Maybe you have access to different pricing.
Old 15 March 2022, 01:48 AM   #180
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

SMP and Speedy discounts are drying up but PO discounts are still plentiful. I asked about availability for the green Seamaster and “probably sometime in April, we already have a longer than expected list for this piece”. Moonshine gold speedy with green dial has also garnered a lot of interest for a PM Omega piece per the OB I talked to.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote