The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 24 March 2022, 06:29 PM   #1
NB93
"TRF" Member

New pam915 - thoughts on the p5000 movement

Hi everyone,

Finally acquired a panerai after many years of consideration and collecting. Settled on the pam915 and man what a watch. Posting this on iPhone so unable to upload a pic for now.

My general sentiment on watches is buy what you like, enjoy and wear it in good health, if you happen to make money great, if you sell it and take a loss, so be it that’s the game. The 915 is ticking every single box thus far, my only complaint is I waited this long to experience one properly.

Before purchase I read very much mixed reviews on panerai’s p5000 movement, but couldn’t find much chatter on it post 2020. Some said it ran fast, others said it was wildly inaccurate, some said theirs was spot on. As far as accuracy goes on a luxury watch, I’m not that fussed provided it’s not losing minutes in a day sort of thing etc. if you truly want accuracy buy a high grade quartz and be done with it.

My first week experience of a full wind (about 9 days) it has run roughly around 30 seconds fast total. Not sure about others recent experience but to me I’m actually really impressed that this thing has been running a full 9 days on and off wear, and only managed to run fast 30 seconds.

I’d love to hear from others that own this movement and hear your experience.

Also if anybody can recommend some good strap makers that would be much appreciated. Looking to get a dark blue alligator band on this beast!

Cheers
NB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2022, 12:40 AM   #2
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

Both of my p5000s run great.

all_in_the_pamily on IG
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2022, 04:50 AM   #3
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Congrats!

My T-series p5000 has been spot on.

Knock on wood. Lol

For strap, Aaron bespoke aka combat strap has good selection
Old 2 April 2022, 12:22 PM   #4
dannyboy123
"TRF" Member

Mine runs well, although I don't care about a small lack of accuracy
dannyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 08:56 AM   #5
MickCollins1916
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Congrats!

Grabbed mine a few months back and love it. Not sure whether it can compete with my GS HAQ or not, but also, don’t care. It’s close enough where I haven’t noticed if any discrepancy exists.

Enjoy rocking your 915.

MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 08:53 AM   #6
aquawatch
"TRF" Member

I owned two previous Panerai with P5000s (564 and 609) and had to sell both because they were running up to 3-4mins fast after the first two days.

My Panerai with the P3000 movement (3 day handwound) all ran according to spec without any issues. I now avoid anything with the P5000...
aquawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 08:02 AM   #7
NB93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
Congrats!

Grabbed mine a few months back and love it. Not sure whether it can compete with my GS HAQ or not, but also, don’t care. It’s close enough where I haven’t noticed if any discrepancy exists.

Enjoy rocking your 915.

Truly a cracker of a watch. Looking good. I think a GS will certainly be on the list for the next piece.
Old 12 April 2022, 08:04 AM   #8
NB93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquawatch View Post
I owned two previous Panerai with P5000s (564 and 609) and had to sell both because they were running up to 3-4mins fast after the first two days.

My Panerai with the P3000 movement (3 day handwound) all ran according to spec without any issues. I now avoid anything with the P5000...
Sorry to hear you had issues with yours but glad you found something you’re happy with. What year did you purchase these watches out of curiosity?

Interesting take from everyone regarding this movement. Mine continues to run within about 30 seconds fast after the end of 9 days, so I’m incredibly impressed. I originally did look at the 562 before it was discontinued, I’m thinking Panerai may have tightened up quality control of the p5000 post 2020 as I haven’t read any complaints on it since. All that said I’m echoing others in saying I’m not fussed on a small discrepancy, it keeps time and I enjoy every second I wear it.
Old 17 April 2022, 04:50 AM   #9
iceshark
Banned

Congrats!
iceshark is offline   Reply With Quote