The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2022, 08:54 PM   #31
Meg007
"TRF" Member

Good day all.

Many thanks for the great reply’s. All your options have been great. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Best wishes
Meg
Meg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2022, 09:30 PM   #32
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II Evr, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incroyable12 View Post
I think the disconnect between old timers and people now is that Rolexes were still fairly affordable tool watches then and now they're 5 figure status symbols.

My impression is that a lot of people also didn't really know how to take care of their watches in the past. Just look at all the gold Day Dates and Datejusts that have been polished so much they look practically melted.
I agree with the other comment that Rolex's have always been expensive in comparison to other watches. But in all seriousness, my advice is to just enjoy the watch as someone said the watches are very robust and well made and can take abuse, so a little ding or scratch is really no big deal (trust me nobody will notice but you, out of the hundreds of compliments I have gotten on my Sub, I've never heard nice watch except for that small scratch on the bracelet). Its like buying an expensive car and being afraid to drive it, park it, or drive in the rain, is that really enjoying it? I'd rather be the guy with a few chips on the paint blasting along on the back roads with the pedal to the metal
911991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2022, 09:48 PM   #33
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
It always baffles me when someone buys a highly polished piece of jewelry and then wants to wear it like a real tool watch, Only to complain when it gets a scratch.

Jewelry is to be worn on special occasions in a safe "low risk for scratches" environment if one wants to preserve the luster. Otherwise it's your fault for buying such a watch, wearing it to work or playing sports etc. and expecting it not to get beat up. Leave that for brushed, tough 316L tool watches.

you will be much happier in the end. If you do decide to wear your jewelry piece out in the wild, don't whine because it gets scratched. You control where it's worn.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote