The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2022, 11:08 PM   #1
ndane
"TRF" Member

“Interest Lists” and the time between

For those who have “expressed interest” in multiple references and have already received one from their AD, how long did you have to wait before being offered a second? Of course I know this is one of those YMMV threads, but I am just curious.
ndane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:40 PM   #2
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

You can get my AD story for a newish AD relationship.

When the steel Pepsi was annonced in 2018 i wrote to them the first time (never been there). They said it would take some years. After two years I wrote and asked how it was going and they said a couple of more years but offered me a steel/rose gold gmt but I declined. 6 months later they offered me a SD43 but also declined.
Then last year in june they offered Me the new (again) GMT 126710BLNR on oyster and I took that and went down there (4 hours drive) Me and the owner then bonded really well and he asked my wife what she wanted and she said a daytona steel/gold white dial and she got that 4 months later and when we picked that up he asked what my next watch should be and I asked for the d-blue. Got that the 3/3 this year. He asked once again what my wishlist was and I said still the Pepsi, Black daytona and the no date sub (owned that before and regretted i sold it) and he said I will have the no date sub in the middle of june.

I’m no big spender and just an average joe..

So it’s just all about relationship.
Divingdeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:40 PM   #3
FrogWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndane View Post
For those who have “expressed interest” in multiple references and have already received one from their AD, how long did you have to wait before being offered a second? Of course I know this is one of those YMMV threads, but I am just curious.
My AD has a "cool off" period. Depends on the reference you just bought. A highly desirable and allocated piece like BLRO would probably be 4-6 months. A DJ1 would be 3 or less. I did pick up a BLNR last November and this April a 116519LN. In between a DJ 36 and 41 Wimbledon. I think this might be unique to my AD, though. They are the largest AD in the state and probably have some pretty big lists.
FrogWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:53 PM   #4
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndane View Post
Of course I know this is one of those YMMV threads, but I am just curious.
Quite so.

My AD no longer takes names for multiple references. One at a time. If you get a hot model you can go on another list but you won't be getting it any time soon.

At least that's the picture for me. If I dropped hundreds of thousands a year, every year, the picture might differ, but I don't know that.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:54 PM   #5
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I have never seen the poiunt of being placed on a fictional list
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:56 PM   #6
ndane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingdeep87 View Post
You can get my AD story for a newish AD relationship.

When the steel Pepsi was annonced in 2018 i wrote to them the first time (never been there). They said it would take some years. After two years I wrote and asked how it was going and they said a couple of more years but offered me a steel/rose gold gmt but I declined. 6 months later they offered me a SD43 but also declined.
Then last year in june they offered Me the new (again) GMT 126710BLNR on oyster and I took that and went down there (4 hours drive) Me and the owner then bonded really well and he asked my wife what she wanted and she said a daytona steel/gold white dial and she got that 4 months later and when we picked that up he asked what my next watch should be and I asked for the d-blue. Got that the 3/3 this year. He asked once again what my wishlist was and I said still the Pepsi, Black daytona and the no date sub (owned that before and regretted i sold it) and he said I will have the no date sub in the middle of june.

I’m no big spender and just an average joe..

So it’s just all about relationship.
Awesome story thanks for sharing!
Old 26 May 2022, 11:57 PM   #7
ndane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWatch View Post
My AD has a "cool off" period. Depends on the reference you just bought. A highly desirable and allocated piece like BLRO would probably be 4-6 months. A DJ1 would be 3 or less. I did pick up a BLNR last November and this April a 116519LN. In between a DJ 36 and 41 Wimbledon. I think this might be unique to my AD, though. They are the largest AD in the state and probably have some pretty big lists.
Lol I was wondering about this “cool off” period.
Old 27 May 2022, 12:15 AM   #8
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
About 5 years at the moment. No hope whatsoever as far as I can tell.

I've "expressed" via visits, phone calls, texts, emails. And bought some worthless crap as well FWIW. (Never again, all that extra cash will go to a Grey hereafter)
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 03:37 AM   #9
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
AFAIK, my dealer doesn’t have “wishlists,” you are either promised a watch or told not currently available. I kind of think they also discourage requests for multiple or “any” references.
My first purchase from this AD in November 2017 was a BLNR that was in stock in their safe. This was the beginning of the new paradigm that we know now. My next three purchases were requested one at a time and were delivered between 6-9 months after asking. I got my last in February and not currently waiting on anything else.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 05:39 AM   #10
G23Guy
Banned

Watch: Panda Daytona
AD's definitely have a cool off period. When I got my BLRO, my SA said don't be expecting a call for a long while.
G23Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 05:53 AM   #11
Retlas
"TRF" Member

mine told me 12 months between "sports" models
Retlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 11:38 AM   #12
DoctorsOrders
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I've been in a "cool off" period for 18 months after my purchase of a BLNR. Then again, next on my list is a Daytona so maybe for that its a little longer cool off period. Ass long as it comes in the next year I'll be a happy man!
DoctorsOrders is offline   Reply With Quote