The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 25 August 2022, 11:29 AM   #31
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singhalager View Post
Oh no not another vintage Tudor! At lease we see photos of this one!

Have you considered trying to contribute something positive to this forum or is this just your personality? pretty childish, isn't it?
alwayshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 11:59 AM   #32
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_rhabel View Post
Thx all…. I am going to let the watch pass!

Best regards
Robert
FWIW, I have the similar service dial tudor 9411. The indices on mine does have a soft cream to it. The one you have might be later given how pale white it is but that could also just be the photo.
Old 25 August 2022, 12:28 PM   #33
MrChamfers
Banned

Watch: ing Warriors ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
FWIW, I have the similar service dial tudor 9411. The indices on mine does have a soft cream to it. The one you have might be later given how pale white it is but that could also just be the photo.
Is the OP's a service dial?
It isn't a swiss made version.
MrChamfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 01:03 PM   #34
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChamfers View Post
Is the OP's a service dial?
It isn't a swiss made version.
Post #28 gives you the details of the service dial variations.
Old 25 August 2022, 01:54 PM   #35
MrChamfers
Banned

Watch: ing Warriors ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
Post #28 gives you the details of the service dial variations.
Right, it looks like it's not a service dial.

"When Snowflake stopped being produced, Tudor brought out the so-called "service dials", first with Tritium and then with Luminova as "self-luminous material". There are several variants and they are recognizable by having the text "T SWISS MADE T" (Tritium) or only "SWISS MADE" (Luminova) or SWISS (Luminova) at the bottom."
MrChamfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 02:07 PM   #36
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChamfers View Post
Right, it looks like it's not a service dial.

"When Snowflake stopped being produced, Tudor brought out the so-called "service dials", first with Tritium and then with Luminova as "self-luminous material". There are several variants and they are recognizable by having the text "T SWISS MADE T" (Tritium) or only "SWISS MADE" (Luminova) or SWISS (Luminova) at the bottom."
Edit: sorry I see what you're asking about now. Correction, post #28 may not be exhaustive then.

My understanding and it may be the case for Harry and Linesider is that the new typeface Submariner, AKA Mark IV dial is also a service dial which is contrary to what post #28 is saying. Happy to be corrected but thats my understanding.
Old 6 September 2022, 10:45 AM   #37
panchoskywalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_rhabel View Post
More pics… couldnt it be the wrong springbars??
I'm pretty sure the case is fake.

Can't post pictures but I'n referring to the pictures posted on post #5.
panchoskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2022, 04:08 PM   #38
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1675-David View Post
A quick cut n paste and dodgy translation from the Swedish site Klocksnack. here is the original link
https://klocksnack.se/threads/tudor-...versikt.86157/

lots of cool Snowflake info thanks to Tomas The Swede (hope you don't mind me spreading the info over here Tomas!)

moon crater dial

When ref. 9401/0 and 9411/0 were launched in 1975 and In 1973, a new generation of dials also came. They had the same appearance as the previous iteration but a new paint that would reduce the risk of bubbles. It is therefore not as common to see "Moon crater" dials on watches from 1975 onwards.

the rare MkIII dial

During the years 1977-78 there is an additional variation on the dial to 9401/0. It has ROUND indices instead of square ones and is very similar to the Rolex 5513 Maxi Dial. However, it comes with Snowflake pointers. This dial is extremely rare and I choose to call it Mk III. All indications are that for some reason that dial was supplied alongside the Mk II dial during those years. There is information that the Canadian Navy ordered watches with this configuration, it is conceivable that such specimens appear from time to time.

In the late 70s (date based on the earliest exes I've seen) another dial variant appears: you guessed it, I call it the Mk IV. It differs from the previous dials in that it has a completely new font in all text except TUDOR. All indications are that the Mk IV only exists for the ref. 9411/0 with date. I have searched in vain for pictorial evidence that this variant exists for 9401/0 but have been unable to find any evidence of it.

Ref 9411/0 with Mk IV dial, note the new typeface clearly visible in e.g. SUBMARINES

The Mk IV dials are sometimes seen on older flakes and my theory is that at service Tudor (before producing specific service dials, see below) simply replaced a bubbly Moon crater dial with a Mk IV.

When Snowflake stopped being produced, Tudor brought out the so-called "service dials", first with Tritium and then with Luminova as "self-luminous material". There are several variants and they are recognizable by having the text "T SWISS MADE T" (Tritium) or only "SWISS MADE" (Luminova) or SWISS (Luminova) at the bottom.

Very helpful stuff, thanks - mark 4 with the unusual font is the OPs ,✓
And hope that we will never see the truth around
Uprising - MUSE
TuRo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 07:50 AM   #39
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
If the case is legit (looks badly finished and rest of photos not good enough to be certain - want good photos AND engravings) then that is not the original dial for a 843K serial. S dials started in the 94x range. 843K is a Z dial