The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 February 2023, 09:18 AM   #61
Armis
"TRF" Member

Is there an AP boutique in San Francisco? The AP site seems to indicate there is one in Beverly Hills and another in Costa Mesa, and another two in Vegas.

Unless I’m reading their website map incorrectly, I’m surprised there isn’t a boutique in Northern CA.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2023, 09:30 AM   #62
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
The pictures can be considered an army green, no? You were hoping for a lighter green hue?
It’s lighter in person. It looks very similar as the green of the ROO diver or the PP aquanaut. Watch is also much lighter, which is normal. CODE does better with RG and WG, at least in my opinion.
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2023, 09:54 AM   #63
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

I was not allowed to take a picture. Usually they don’t care, but for some reason no customers can’t take pic’s of the new CODEs.
Old 12 February 2023, 10:02 AM   #64
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
It’s lighter in person. It looks very similar as the green of the ROO diver or the PP aquanaut. Watch is also much lighter, which is normal. CODE does better with RG and WG, at least in my opinion.
Thanks for clarifying. Also, I agree with you about the attractiveness of the PM ‘heft’ in a Code, for me at least. Because I have the ceramic mid case version, the contrasting WG gives it a presence that I like.
From the new steel offerings, I again really like the ceramic mid case one, but I’m concerned it will be that much lighter with addition of the fact these don’t have steel bracelets. I’ll have to check it out.
Old 12 February 2023, 12:23 PM   #65
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Also, I agree with you about the attractiveness of the PM ‘heft’ in a Code, for me at least. Because I have the ceramic mid case version, the contrasting WG gives it a presence that I like.
From the new steel offerings, I again really like the ceramic mid case one, but I’m concerned it will be that much lighter with addition of the fact these don’t have steel bracelets. I’ll have to check it out.
Yup, white gold with ceramic case is probably the best combination. Combine this with wearing a tuxedo and you will attract attention...
Old 12 February 2023, 08:39 PM   #66
jts278
"TRF" Member

Heard the 26393NB white gold and ceramic is discontinued. Makes sense given the new steel ceramic chrono could be seen as a replacement. It’s actually a pretty short production run for the NB model given it only was out for 2 years.
jts278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2023, 08:47 PM   #67
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts278 View Post
Heard the 26393NB white gold and ceramic is discontinued. Makes sense given the new steel ceramic chrono could be seen as a replacement. It’s actually a pretty short production run for the NB model given it only was out for 2 years.
I believe it’s still on the website for the moment, but I wouldn’t be surprised to know it’s on the chopping block precisely for the reason you say.
Old 13 February 2023, 01:03 AM   #68
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Is there an AP boutique in San Francisco? The AP site seems to indicate there is one in Beverly Hills and another in Costa Mesa, and another two in Vegas.

Unless I’m reading their website map incorrectly, I’m surprised there isn’t a boutique in Northern CA.
Hasn’t been.

The AD that used to be in downtown SF was a joke. The one in Palo Alto briefly was fine.

It’s not like NorCal folks don’t make it to LA and Vegas, I go to both once a year minimum
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 01:45 AM   #69
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

These are nice and about time they arrived
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 01:45 AM   #70
RockdocBoston
"TRF" Member

Agree that photos do nothing for these watches. In person and on the wrist is an entirely different experience. I actually think it wears so comfortably too. I was quite surprised once I put it on my wrist (WG/CE chrono). I do like the new dial marker design, and agree an improvement. The strap is also a surprise and nice quality/comfortable. For me it was an on purpose choice. Like most things in life, you have to decide if it's right for you by trying in person...
RockdocBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 10:51 PM   #71
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

https://youtu.be/fSsOk3RjGS0

Don’t know what they are saying, but they have lots of good angles on the new steel codes. Looks like the crown is not centered on the case side just like the code qp.

Overall still a good looking watch. I don’t like the blue as much anymore based on this video. Green and smoked look better
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 11:58 PM   #72
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post

Don’t know what they are saying, but they have lots of good angles on the new steel codes. Looks like the crown is not centered on the case side just like the code qp.

Overall still a good looking watch. I don’t like the blue as much anymore based on this video. Green and smoked look better
Thanks for sharing the video. This is the first one I have seen so far.
I am a Code owner, and I have to say the new models at least based on the video are fantastic. Blue and smoked 3 hander would be my picks.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 12:46 AM   #73
courboy
"TRF" Member

I do like these new iterations a lot. I wish they had increased the WR a little and also given a smaller diameter option.
courboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 12:58 AM   #74
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Went to AP House Zurich over the weekend...unfortunately, none of these were there yet.
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 02:54 AM   #75
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post

I don’t know why, but I like the chronos a lot more that the 3-handers. The green does look appealing here. I wish they had more ceramic mid case options besides the beige. Looking forward to real feedback from forum members once these arrive in boutique.
Old 14 February 2023, 07:44 AM   #76
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Does it appear that the texture of the dial is being matched more with the band as well?
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 09:05 AM   #77
watchbiao
"TRF" Member

I was able to handle a few of the steel Codes recently. I thought the stamped guilloche pattern was nicely done. The basket weave pattern decreases in size from the outside towards the middle of the dial, until it’s fades into a shimmering sunburst at the center. It’s quite modern and fits the contemporary case of the Code well. I think the smoked beige dial fits this pattern the best as the color fades in conjunction with the change in pattern size, while the uniform green and blue dials do not. I posted some pics on my IG and I will post some videos there soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 February 2023, 09:24 AM   #78
CactusTreeFiddy
"TRF" Member

Shimmering sunburst
CactusTreeFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 10:41 PM   #79
selfhat1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
Went to AP House Zurich over the weekend...unfortunately, none of these were there yet.
Same story at NYC AP House. They also told me I have zero shot of getting one this year :(
selfhat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 03:18 AM   #80
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfhat1 View Post
Same story at NYC AP House. They also told me I have zero shot of getting one this year :(
Really?! Is everyone all of a sudden THAT in love with the Code?? Or perhaps their production numbers this year is expectedly low in favor of ROOs.
Old 21 February 2023, 03:45 AM   #81
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Really?! Is everyone all of a sudden THAT in love with the Code?? Or perhaps their production numbers this year is expectedly low in favor of ROOs.

Cheaper price point, improved aesthetics and supply still constrained since they still make PM CODES

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 03:51 AM   #82
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think production numbers for the Code are not that high to begin with (compared to RO/ROO), so if one only has a fraction of that in steel, a moderate increase in demand will exhaust supply quickly. I'd also expect AP to manage supply carefully.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 07:17 AM   #83
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfhat1 View Post
Visited today and they anticipate some of the new Code11.59 to be on dismnext month.
Old 21 February 2023, 09:59 AM   #84
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

My SA who is trying to line up a jumbo for me this year, told me that all the steel Codes have been spoken for this year and that I’m not able to get one. Lol.

I’m actually glad the steel codes are difficult to get. The code deserves some hype.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 11:58 AM   #85
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
Visited today and they anticipate some of the new Code11.59 to be on dismnext month.
Sorry for the typo. I meant “on display next month”.
Old 21 February 2023, 12:03 PM   #86
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
My SA who is trying to line up a jumbo for me this year, told me that all the steel Codes have been spoken for this year and that I’m not able to get one. Lol.

I’m actually glad the steel codes are difficult to get. The code deserves some hype.
I wanted to get a jumbo as well. I have been informed that my purchase history does not qualify me yet to be on the jumbo wait list. May I ask how many AP have folks purchased before getting on the jumbo wait list. Thanks
Old 21 February 2023, 03:26 PM   #87
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Okay interesting. Wanted to pick up one as a fun casual piece but I’ll save my push for a code this year for the starwheel

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 05:05 PM   #88
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

On a side note the CODE ULTRA-COMPLICATION UNIVERSELLEs are sold out till 2025. Not I that was in the market for it, slightly above my budget.

Regarding the steel CODE, I do have the feeling the clients who bought a CODE(s) in the past, will have priority for a steel version. I really want to like it, but so far it didn't do much to me. Maybe I need a second look...
Old 21 February 2023, 06:49 PM   #89
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
I also got confirmation that the steel Codes are super popular.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 04:45 AM   #90
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
On a side note the CODE ULTRA-COMPLICATION UNIVERSELLEs are sold out till 2025. Not I that was in the market for it, slightly above my budget.

Regarding the steel CODE, I do have the feeling the clients who bought a CODE(s) in the past, will have priority for a steel version. I really want to like it, but so far it didn't do much to me. Maybe I need a second look...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
I also got confirmation that the steel Codes are super popular.
I was under the impression that these would be available for the "masses" as an entry level...
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote