The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 November 2023, 10:31 AM   #31
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Have you worn one? I tried on the green one at 40mm before the hype train got going but passed. Wore a lot smaller on my wrist than my GMT for example. This one is smaller.
I have a perpetual Sl that at 42.3 would normally never buy. Wears like a dream on my 6.6inch wrist
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 11:22 AM   #32
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Stunning stuff. Absolutely stunning. I kind of wonder if this new release with the platinum micro rotor is a shot across the bow to Czapek and their Antarctique. I could be completely off as Moser is known for doing their own thing.

This new release is gorgeous. Would love to own it. I have the salmon dial and it is so cool. I’ve also tried on the green dial Endeavour and it is awesome. I love when they combine a stainless case with an all good rotor.

I’ve been daily’ing my Pioneer, which really lines up well with my lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A definitely win with the slimmer case and small dial size but it is interesting they developed a whole new movement for the same collection (Streamliner), I wonder whether they will stop with the central seconds model? The price jump is also quite significant...

The micro-rotor probably has been in development for a few years but just so happens to follow Czapek (and PF to a certain extent). Still as nice as the dial is, the Czapek movement is a sight to behold!
gm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 11:32 AM   #33
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
Tell me about it :(

I keep on waiting for one. I know it’ll happen at some point but I’d really like for it to be on a streamliner like the one released today or on the Endeavor Concept.
They did release the awesome Purple Haze in an Endeavour Concept back in the day, but it was a WG case. I would love a re-release of that in steel, or a purple haze Streamliner like this new one. I had written to Edouard a few years ago asking if he had a purple Endeavour in steel coming out, but he said none was planned at that time. It’s been long enough, so I hope that plan will change *fingers crossed*.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 11:37 AM   #34
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Sharing this this excellent pic from @perpetual_horology IG. This watch is sexy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 401375056_886228769753677_5838983090226224320_n.jpg (281.7 KB, 365 views)
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 12:22 PM   #35
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
They did release the awesome Purple Haze in an Endeavour Concept back in the day, but it was a WG case. I would love a re-release of that in steel, or a purple haze Streamliner like this new one. I had written to Edouard a few years ago asking if he had a purple Endeavour in steel coming out, but he said none was planned at that time. It’s been long enough, so I hope that plan will change *fingers crossed*.
That purple haze release was awesome.

I said this elsewhere but I tag Edouard all the time on Instagram whenever a new release is teased asking if it’s gonna be a purple dial lol.

They are overdue for a new purple dial and they’d be crazy to not do it with the new Streamliner or Endeavor Concept.

My fingers are crossed and I’m praying to the watch gods.
FrugalGreubel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 12:44 PM   #36
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
I love it.

Is it safe lol
Old 17 November 2023, 01:23 PM   #37
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Moser streamliner small seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm58 View Post
A definitely win with the slimmer case and small dial size but it is interesting they developed a whole new movement for the same collection (Streamliner), I wonder whether they will stop with the central seconds model? The price jump is also quite significant...

The micro-rotor probably has been in development for a few years but just so happens to follow Czapek (and PF to a certain extent). Still as nice as the dial is, the Czapek movement is a sight to behold!

I really love that they developed and released this completely new movement for an already existing collection (Streamliner). It’s a very “Moser” thing to do. Always innovating and being different. It would be very AP to just release the same watch over and over again with a different dial. Don’t get me wrong either, love that watch too, but love seeing Moser do things differently.

And that Czapek micro rotor movement is definitely no slouch! A beauty for sure.

Edit to add: Moser and MB&F also created a completely new movement and case, from what I understand, for the Only Watch this year, which is just nuts considering the R&D time and money that would go into that. That Streamliner minute repeater is incredibly cool.

I guess everyone does that, to some extent, for Only Watch. Hence the name Only Watch.

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 01:40 PM   #38
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

This one looks just right. Interestingly TRF contributors salnuaimi and break (props) accurately predicted this config here last week, blue dial and micro rotor and all. Was this already out there or was that the first time ever that the forum so perfectly nailed the details in advance?

Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 01:48 PM   #39
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
On the contrary, watches without a bezel tend to wear big as they’re all dial.
I feel the same way for watches with small bezels such as the pioneer. When I tried them on they seemed to wear big for their dimensions. Streamliner is different to me since there's no real lugs either, so it doesn't seem oversized.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 02:06 PM   #40
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Palomino View Post
This one looks just right. Interestingly TRF contributors salnuaimi and break (props) accurately predicted this config here last week, blue dial and micro rotor and all. Was this already out there or was that the first time ever that the forum so perfectly nailed the details in advance?

There were two posts on Instagram from Moser that showed what the dial would be like (more or less) and the other post showed the micro rotor. Unless they guessed it before those were up.

Old 17 November 2023, 02:14 PM   #41
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There were two posts on Instagram from Moser that showed what the dial would be like (more or less) and the other post showed the micro rotor. Unless they guessed it before those were up.

Oh snap! No instagram here. Or really any social media except for this motley crue. Very kickass pioneer btw!

Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 03:01 PM   #42
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Palomino View Post
Oh snap! No instagram here. Or really any social media except for this motley crue. Very kickass pioneer btw!

Thank you. I am loving it. The dial simply always looks good regardless of what kind of light it’s under. I’m going to switch the strap to a black rubber when I have a chance. I really like that it flies under the radar and virtually no one will know what it is. I also dress very conservatively, in general, so a pop of color is something I’ve really come to enjoy with the watches I wear.

Old 17 November 2023, 08:48 PM   #43
IGY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
Very tempted … doesn’t seem to be limited either.
Maybe not. But it is very rare

Better call your AD fast if you want one of these.
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 02:15 AM   #44
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm58 View Post

Quote:
I really love that they developed and released this completely new movement for an already existing collection (Streamliner). It’s a very “Moser” thing to do. Always innovating and being different. It would be very AP to just release the same watch over and over again with a different dial. Don’t get me wrong either, love that watch too, but love seeing Moser do things differently.
I fully expect the micro-rotor movement to move into the other Moser ranges. For example, the HMC200 in the previous Streamliner initially released in an Endeavour, and it's currently used in the new 40mm Pioneer as well.

Moving this movement into other models unlocks case sizes matching today's smaller trends. Moser doesn't offer much below 43mm at the moment, and their watches can feel thicker than the competition.
break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 02:16 AM   #45
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yep you're right - the IG posts helped! That said, in recent months there were rumors of a redesigned blue-dialed Streamliner.
Old 18 November 2023, 03:35 AM   #46
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGY View Post
Maybe not. But it is very rare

Better call your AD fast if you want one of these.
From wiki... As of 2023, H. Moser & Cie. produces around 3,000 watches a year. That's in total across all models.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 03:45 AM   #47
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Is this the moser for ichi finally?
Old 18 November 2023, 04:11 AM   #48
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Idk something doesn’t sit right with me. Lots of individual things to like with this but the whole package visually is off to me. I’m just a moser hater maybe.
Old 18 November 2023, 04:46 AM   #49
Loosetoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
Moser doesn't offer much below 43mm at the moment, and their watches can feel thicker than the competition.
I am confused by this claim as the largest Moser currently offered is the Pioneer at 42.8mm. Their standard Endeavor watch is 40mm. That has been the most prolific Moser for years. Generally, the 3-hander models have been 39mm-40mm while the complications are 42mm. On the other hand, the heritage and pioneers have been at 42-43 for their "normal" cases.

It was the fact that Moser watcher trended smaller that first appealed to me. I bought my Venturer in 2019. While that line is now defunct, they were standardized at 39mm with an XL size at 43mm. I have yet to see a modern Moser larger than that.

Am i missing something?
Loosetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 07:41 PM   #50
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosetoe View Post
I am confused by this claim as the largest Moser currently offered is the Pioneer at 42.8mm. Their standard Endeavor watch is 40mm. That has been the most prolific Moser for years. Generally, the 3-hander models have been 39mm-40mm while the complications are 42mm. On the other hand, the heritage and pioneers have been at 42-43 for their "normal" cases.

It was the fact that Moser watcher trended smaller that first appealed to me. I bought my Venturer in 2019. While that line is now defunct, they were standardized at 39mm with an XL size at 43mm. I have yet to see a modern Moser larger than that.

Am i missing something?

No you are not.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2023, 12:47 AM   #51
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I like it…as an owner of the matrix green streamliner, I might like this dial color better, but don’t prefer the small seconds
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2023, 03:10 AM   #52
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosetoe View Post

Am i missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
No you are not.

Venturers from 2019 aren’t relevant to today’s catalog, but you're both right about modern models. I misremembered the base Heritage size as 43mm and not 42mm. I also forgot about the Endeavours starting at 40mm.
Old 21 November 2023, 10:48 AM   #53
windingmybusiness
"TRF" Member

All 2024 pieces already allocated.
windingmybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 11:08 AM   #54
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

^^^ Congrats H. Moser

---
---

From a seminar in Dubai...

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 21 November 2023, 12:22 PM   #55
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windingmybusiness View Post
All 2024 pieces already allocated.
Wow, good for them and congrats to those who got on the list.
Old 22 November 2023, 05:29 AM   #56
cy888
2024 Pledge Member

In this interview, Bertrand Meylan mentioned production around 10-12 a month, also mentions will be "unlimited", I assume that means it's a not a limited edition, but limited by production capacity.

https://youtu.be/YU4GECA9Xjw?si=SRNZ0jex2LuuLk0T&t=110
cy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 07:07 AM   #57
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Old 22 November 2023, 07:37 AM   #58
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Not a Streamliner but my small seconds Moser Purple Haze
LE of 10
I love the clean dial
Purple escapement spring (I think that's what it's called!)

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 08:31 AM   #59
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
My goodness, I never expected to see a damned purple balance wheel and hairspring. That's so fun.
Old 22 November 2023, 09:46 AM   #60
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
Not a Streamliner but my small seconds Moser Purple Haze
LE of 10
I love the clean dial
Purple escapement spring (I think that's what it's called!)

Ohhhhhh I love that. This is a wonderful timepiece.