The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 January 2024, 11:59 AM   #1
jjkh58
"TRF" Member

Icon3 Rolex DJ36 Bezel Replacement by RSC

Hi guys,

I am based in NZ.

I recently made a minor dent in the fluted bezel so I went to a few 3rd party shops to see if I could fix it at a lower cost. But they all said they couldn't do it. I have seen a few articles where there are a couple of good places in the US where they can fix this kind of thing. But anyways...

The only option left was for me to visit the AD where I bought this watch from and they offered me two options.

1st option - I can hold on to a watch and they will order the bezel in advance, and inform me once this arrives in the store. Then, replace the bezel by their in-house watchmaker

2nd option - I leave my watch with them, and then they send my damaged bezel back for part exchange on the new bezel to Geneva where the manufacturing factory is located. Then, I need to leave the watch with AD until the new bezel arrives. They said there is a discounted price offered for part exchange, however, they only offer this if they receive my old bezel prior to sending the new piece. Otherwise, they would need to order the new bezel in advance at full price. This work will also carried out by their in-house watchmaker.

They told me that in either case, the old bezel would be retained, and not returned to me.

There is about $500NZD difference between 1st and 2nd option. 2nd option is cheaper and wondering why there is a bit of difference in pricing as with either option they will take my old fluted bezel anyways and not return it to me which they may re-use. Any thoughts?
jjkh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2024, 12:08 PM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I would be surprised if they re use it.

The RSC approach is exchange and priced at a discount because of that. If you are not turning it in, then it is at the higher price.

Apparently the shop is not willing to give you 500 bucks for your solid gold bezel.