The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 January 2024, 02:46 PM   #1
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Christopher Ward 12

I’ve heard and seen a lot of reviews about this watch on YouTube, newsletters and blogs.

Anyone here have any personal experience with this model or the brand? The reviews are generally positive, good value for the price range, $1,200 to $1,500, well built, good design follows the Genta integrated case and bracelet formula, Sellita movement (which I have in my Sinn, runs well). And nice dials.

Anyhow, just wondering if it’s hype or a legitimately good, moderately priced watch.
Old 25 January 2024, 01:45 AM   #2
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

I've tried them on and I was impressed. The only reservation I'd have is I wonder how they'll look with some scratches.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 04:05 AM   #3
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Pros: aesthetically awesome looks and feels nicer than the price. Fit is fantastic almost perfect dimensions for the average wrist as well as slightly smaller or larger wrists. It's been my fiance's daily wear for months at this point and she loves it.

Cons: quick change strap system is pretty awful. Took way longer than should have to switch from bracelet to rubber. I got the hang of it after a lot of annoying attempts but then after about a week of wearing it on rubber the one end kept popping off so I had to put the bracelet back on. Also the date change doesn't always trigger so debating sending back to fix that issue whether it's worth the hassle or not.

Overall a great watch for the price even with the cons above I'd not hesitate to add a second variant at some point.
Breguet 5547BB Marine Alarm, 7067 Tradition, 5817 Marine Black, Blue, Silver Patek Philippe 5134P Omega NTTD Seamaster Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar Chopard Alpine Eagle
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 04:36 AM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

The date change is less than 100% hit rate? I’d find that off putting. Just a symptom of hot models and pumping these things out
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 08:22 AM   #5
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
The date change is less than 100% hit rate? I’d find that off putting. Just a symptom of hot models and pumping these things out
Yeah seems to be no rhyme or reason when it misses but she wears it every day and I'll check it every few weeks and time keeping is always solid but date will be 3-4 days behind.
Breguet 5547BB Marine Alarm, 7067 Tradition, 5817 Marine Black, Blue, Silver Patek Philippe 5134P Omega NTTD Seamaster Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar Chopard Alpine Eagle
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:31 AM   #6
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLynott View Post
Pros: aesthetically awesome looks and feels nicer than the price. Fit is fantastic almost perfect dimensions for the average wrist as well as slightly smaller or larger wrists. It's been my fiance's daily wear for months at this point and she loves it.

Cons: quick change strap system is pretty awful. Took way longer than should have to switch from bracelet to rubber. I got the hang of it after a lot of annoying attempts but then after about a week of wearing it on rubber the one end kept popping off so I had to put the bracelet back on. Also the date change doesn't always trigger so debating sending back to fix that issue whether it's worth the hassle or not.

Overall a great watch for the price even with the cons above I'd not hesitate to add a second variant at some point.
That looks great! I'm tempted by the new Green Ti that launched today.

As for the date - it shouldn't be doing that, and I would definitely send it in for repairs. Their CS has been a bit slow lately, but they're pretty good in handling these things.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 12:02 PM   #7
buddenfan
Banned

Oof the new Aurora Green 40mm titanium looks incredible
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0208.jpeg (104.4 KB, 71 views)
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 12:17 PM   #8
buddenfan
Banned

Best color
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0209.png (283.5 KB, 67 views)
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 02:24 AM   #9
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

That green is quite something! Very tempting.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote