The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 May 2024, 01:20 AM   #1
burnt888
"TRF" Member

43mm ROO Ceramic Blue vs Rose Gold Titanium

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at 2 ROO's in ceramic black and blue vs the rose gold and titanium versions for purchase from my AD. I love both and looking to hear any feedback on daily wearing and pictures on the wrist would be greatly appreciated. I find the black and blue ceramic might be hard to match with clothing where the rose gold and titanium would be easier to colour match and dress up and down. I'm looking for something to wear often but maybe not quite a daily. The rose gold and ceramic is also an option but I don't feel it's quite as nice as the contrast of the other 2. I'm having the hardest time deciding and I don't quite like the stainless versions as much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Image 2024-05-12 at 08.14.jpeg (160.0 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpeg Image 2024-05-12 at 08.13.jpeg (199.5 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpeg Image 2024-05-12 at 08.16.jpeg (123.3 KB, 298 views)
burnt888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 02:26 AM   #2
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

they're very different watches and all great IMO. The blue and black ceramic is awesome in person, it's definitely more of a fun weekend watch. If you want something that'll be easier to match with various clothing then the classic black and gold is the best choice IMO. If you have the means I would definitely get the blue / black ceramic and add one of the gold pieces as well down the road. It's the best of both worlds :)
johnsonsxusfrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 03:05 AM   #3
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonsxusfrt View Post
they're very different watches and all great IMO. The blue and black ceramic is awesome in person, it's definitely more of a fun weekend watch. If you want something that'll be easier to match with various clothing then the classic black and gold is the best choice IMO. If you have the means I would definitely get the blue / black ceramic and add one of the gold pieces as well down the road. It's the best of both worlds :)
Thanks for the reply and input! I've never seen the blue and black ceramic but the reviews generally online say that it's the nicest one! Pictures don't seem to do it justice from what I hear but that kinda goes with all RO and ROO's I find. I have one allocated to me and on hold for pick up but I wasn't sure what to wear it with the blue strap it comes with. It does come with a black rubber band as well though. I' m not sure how exclusive this watch is and wondering if I'll regret my choice if I don't choose the blue and black ceramic!
Old 13 May 2024, 03:56 AM   #4
chaucer
"TRF" Member

I haven’t handled either of the top two but believe the gray would be easier to wear vs the blue, which is nice but appears quite bright and very blue
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 04:35 AM   #5
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Here is some other photos of the ceramic blue version from what I see online. I have no idea what the true colour is but it seems that in bright light it comes off very bright blue especially with the blue leather strap. This picture with the black rubber strap and in a dimmer light seems much nicer with a different shade of blue. I have no idea in person though if anyone knows what the true colour actually is through these pictures pls let me know. Thanks all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Image 2024-05-12 at 11.30.jpeg (129.9 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpeg Image 2024-05-12 at 11.29.jpeg (120.3 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpeg Image 2024-05-12 at 10.20.jpeg (112.4 KB, 205 views)
Old 13 May 2024, 04:37 AM   #6
Armis
"TRF" Member

The top two are each special and excellent in their own right. Given you are also looking to maximize versatility, then you can also consider the titanium blue and grey. But I’m guessing you’ve seen that and ruled it out.
There are one or two forum members with the blue/black ceramic piece who have previously posted wrist shots you can search, but I haven’t seen anyone post the second piece yet, surprisingly.
Good luck with your choice. Can’t go wrong either way.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:14 AM   #7
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Wow, tough choice with those two stunners. I would get the rose gold and titanium for sure. Not quite sold on the blue ceramic bezel as a wear often but not quite daily option?
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:47 AM   #8
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockland View Post
Wow, tough choice with those two stunners. I would get the rose gold and titanium for sure. Not quite sold on the blue ceramic bezel as a wear often but not quite daily option?
Thanks for the feedback! This is kinda how I feel but that's also because I've never seen the blue ceramic. Everyone seems to say it's stunning but not very versatile and doesn't work well as a daily. I keep flipping back and forth on the 2! I guess it's hard to find someting versatile and also a daily. The SS versions just don't seem to do it for me. Not for the offshores anyways...
Old 13 May 2024, 01:42 PM   #9
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Tried on the blue/black ceramic ROO and found the blue ceramic a bit too bright for me.

Loved the dial, though.

eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 01:55 PM   #10
burnt888
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=eonflux;13262323]Tried on the blue/black ceramic ROO and found the blue ceramic a bit too bright for me.

Loved the dial, though.

Thanks for the pic! It looks amazing there! It really does seem a bit more like a weekender kind of watch rather than a daily wearer... It's got a gorgeous sporty look to it!
Old 13 May 2024, 09:28 PM   #11
messikens
"TRF" Member

Personally of all three option I'd go for the rose gold titanium no doubt.

The original black gold doesn't so it for me for some reason.

The blue is funky but IMO it's a "once in a while" watch only. The blue is pretty bright in real life and it is just too busy... Just look at the pics : blue ceramic bezel, steel guards, ceramic case, different blue for the dial, bright blue straps... It's a LOT and definitely not a under the radar daily
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 10:43 PM   #12
APhound
"TRF" Member

I have the rose gold/ black. It’s part of a fairly large collection and it’s my favorite watch/ the one I wear the most. Would highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 10:54 PM   #13
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM

I’ve owned the black/blue ceramic since September and love it. Definitely not an every day watch for me. The positive of this one over the other two you mentioned is the light weight ceramic this has that the other two do not. If weight is a factor for you, I would very much recommend this. Certainly can’t go wrong with any of the three, though!

TopherMins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 12:18 AM   #14
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing the pics! Absolutely gorgeous watches and it just makes me want mine even more! I think you guys are right and the blue doesn't seem like a watch I can wear every day or even often. It's more of a weekender or just a casual fun one to wear from time to time. I'm starting to lean more towards the rose gold titanium version now just ever so slightly... with the rose gold ceramic being a possible 2nd. I actually want both the blue and the rose gold now
Old 14 May 2024, 12:21 AM   #15
J.T.
"TRF" Member

RG/Ti for me
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 12:39 AM   #16
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherMins View Post

I’ve owned the black/blue ceramic since September and love it. Definitely not an every day watch for me. The positive of this one over the other two you mentioned is the light weight ceramic this has that the other two do not. If weight is a factor for you, I would very much recommend this. Certainly can’t go wrong with any of the three, though!

Just curious if you find it hard to match with your attire? I find it really pops on your wrist and is a massive attention seeker!
Old 14 May 2024, 12:42 AM   #17
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Personally of all three option I'd go for the rose gold titanium no doubt.

The original black gold doesn't so it for me for some reason.

The blue is funky but IMO it's a "once in a while" watch only. The blue is pretty bright in real life and it is just too busy... Just look at the pics : blue ceramic bezel, steel guards, ceramic case, different blue for the dial, bright blue straps... It's a LOT and definitely not a under the radar daily
I totally see what you mean. I want a daily that definitely gives some pop but still versitile without being overly loud which is why I'm going with the offshore rather then a full rose gold bracelet RO. The blue might be a bit too "poppy". Thanks for the input!

Old 14 May 2024, 01:11 AM   #18
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt888 View Post
Thanks for the reply and input! I've never seen the blue and black ceramic but the reviews generally online say that it's the nicest one! Pictures don't seem to do it justice from what I hear but that kinda goes with all RO and ROO's I find. I have one allocated to me and on hold for pick up but I wasn't sure what to wear it with the blue strap it comes with. It does come with a black rubber band as well though. I' m not sure how exclusive this watch is and wondering if I'll regret my choice if I don't choose the blue and black ceramic!
If it's on hold for you then go see it. Once you handle it in person you'll know if you love it or not. If it doesn't sing to you then you pass, simple as that
johnsonsxusfrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 01:54 AM   #19
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt888 View Post
Just curious if you find it hard to match with your attire? I find it really pops on your wrist and is a massive attention seeker!

I wear a lot of casual clothes so it works for me, but not an every day piece. If I was wearing dressier attire, I would probably not wear it as much. Hope this helps!

TopherMins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 02:08 AM   #20
Jp28
"TRF" Member

I would pick rose gold every time, every day.
I have the 44 version. Best of the offshores (and I have been through a few and own more than one).
Works with everything and from these two by far the closest to a daily from these two.
Get a white and a red rubber strap to go with the black and you have a really versatile watch.
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 09:39 PM   #21
burnt888
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys for all of your input and really appreciate it along with the wrist shots. I've decided to go with the rose gold titanium version and will pick it up in the following weeks! Will post a wrist shot when I find the time!