The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 May 2024, 06:26 AM   #1
rahulrsingh09
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio
Icon20 Registering Interest with Multiple AD even part of the conglomerate

Hi

Is it advisable to register interest with Multiple AD's even if they are part of the same conglomerate.

Fortunately i have access to a bunch of AD's near me but most of them are from a single conglomerate only 1 more is part of a family owned business. Is it advisable to register interest as part of all the AD's under the conglomerate ?

What is the general guideline ?
rahulrsingh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 06:44 AM   #2
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I would never attempt to buy from multiple outlets of the same chain. The company should know who has registered an interest at all of its locations in one data base. It is best to build a relationship with one store and hopefully, the store manager there.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 07:11 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Typically the Sales Associate handles and manages their own "lists" and tends to keep track of who is interested in what. That's who you get the call from, and that is who makes the commission or gets their box ticked for a sale.

I wouldn't expect that just having your name in the machine is going to drive any SA to call you out of the blue.
Old 20 May 2024, 07:23 AM   #4
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
It depends on the chain. There is a family owned AD with two locations near each other that told me that each AD keeps its own lists, and there is some incentive to registering interest at both. However, if you're spending money trying to get pieces, you then have multiple mouths to feed.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 08:28 AM   #5
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulrsingh09 View Post
Hi

Is it advisable to register interest with Multiple AD's even if they are part of the same conglomerate.

Fortunately i have access to a bunch of AD's near me but most of them are from a single conglomerate only 1 more is part of a family owned business. Is it advisable to register interest as part of all the AD's under the conglomerate ?

What is the general guideline ?
All three Rolex ADs near me are part of the same chain. I communicate with all of them and keep them in the loop. Each knows exactly who I’m talking to at the other locations and that’s perfectly fine. In fact, I usually write one email and cc all three SAs when I send an inquiry or an update. I don't overthink it, much like when I buy a bag of chips and a can of Coke at the gas station. Maybe a little more thought goes into it than a purchase at the gas station, but it's definitely no different than shopping for an insurance quote. Whoever gets me closer to what I need will get my business.
omar-rye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 01:55 PM   #6
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
I have an SA at each of two different locations of the same AD Jewelry chain. Both know about the other and each has told me they don’t mind who I choose to give my business. I’m thinking whoever offers me something on my wish list first.

KAT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2024, 11:57 PM   #7
Snowballs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Two stores of same chain in city.

Entered my interests by SA in one store; made inquiry at the other store and other SA advised my name and interests already on file.

YMMV