The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 May 2024, 07:31 PM   #1
Mercmanr
"TRF" Member

Daytona TT availability uk

After watching a YouTube video, the guy was saying all Daytona bi metals are available as a walk in at AD's with no history in the UK. I find this very hard to believe. I've been waiting for over a year for the black diamond dial with nothing in sight. What's everyone's opinion? If they are available, anyone know where I can get one? Thanks in advance
Mercmanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 08:02 PM   #2
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmanr View Post
After watching a YouTube video, the guy was saying all Daytona bi metals are available as a walk in at AD's with no history in the UK. I find this very hard to believe. I've been waiting for over a year for the black diamond dial with nothing in sight. What's everyone's opinion? If they are available, anyone know where I can get one? Thanks in advance
Can't imagine ADs are selling too many TT Daytonas at present. I would branch out and contact some more ADs in your area.

Good luck.
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 09:02 PM   #3
IGY
"TRF" Member

I've been asking and waiting for one of these for a year. Still no joy. (UK based). I'll keep checking in every now and again, but if they don't want my money I've got decent investment ideas that will generate me an ROI / hedge against inflation and meanwhile I've got other watches that I enjoy wearing.

Personally I have no intention of buying grey. But if you go grey the current Chrono24 asking prices are about 20% or about £4k over RRP. Subdial estimates that the actual transaction price on a preowned 126503 could be as low as £16.3k. This below £17.3k RRP used valuation could support the idea of new watches being more readily available from ADs. I imagine unless you are an awesome negotiator then you might have to pay something in between. Or wait. I am not particularly optimistic about the prospects of either the global economy. Even less so the UK economy, especially so with a Labour government in six weeks time.

Which one of the two tone variants are you looking for?
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 10:04 PM   #4
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ahh Youtube, the fountain of truth and knowledge.

Nobody is walking into an AD and picking up a Daytona in the UK with no purchase history, no matter the configuration.

Highly unlikely you will be allocated this piece without a prior relationship with the AD and some different purchases of some kind. I hope I'm wrong for you, but good luck
Neil McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 11:01 PM   #5
Mercmanr
"TRF" Member

Tbh, I do have a large spend-over £80k-but I'm still waiting.
Old 24 May 2024, 12:29 AM   #6
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tbh, I do have a large spend-over £80k-but I'm still waiting.
This changes things a little tbh

Do you visit regularly and are in contact with the SA? Have you actually asked them about what the current status is on your TT Daytona?
Neil McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 03:06 AM   #7
Mercmanr
"TRF" Member

Yes, I'm in there regularly. Was there last week and was told should be soon, but patience isn't my strong point
Old 24 May 2024, 07:27 AM   #8
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Many of these watch YouTubers talk nonsense.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 07:38 AM   #9
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Is this the Brendan Boswell imbecile? I didn't think someone could talk more rubbish than Paul Thorpe- then he came along
shammad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 08:22 AM   #10
Lalo007
"TRF" Member

I got that same model just this April, I waited about 5 months but I have history with that AD. By the way, that model is absolutely stunning! I love mine :)
Lalo007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 09:09 AM   #11
Emery
"TRF" Member

80k gbp you should probably be looking at an allocation for a SS, not a TT.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 04:04 PM   #12
Mercmanr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammad10 View Post
Is this the Brendan Boswell imbecile? I didn't think someone could talk more rubbish than Paul Thorpe- then he came along
That's him! I rushed into putting this post up after seeing it, but since I've looked at more of his. As you say, talks big with small pockets.
I was already told I got no hope at a SS, they get 5 a year.
Old 24 May 2024, 04:18 PM   #13
Hulkhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Don’t take everything that guy says as gospel. He talks as if he knows it all and is often wrong.

From what I can tell he struggles to get the watches he wants from the ADs so doesn’t really have a decent relationship anywhere.

He said the Oysterflex Daytona range, including the WG Silver dial, was easy to get. It still isn’t. You definetly wouldn’t get one as a first time buyer.

Having said that two tone Daytonas aren’t that difficult to obtain. It is possible to get lucky and get one quickly. I remember trying one on that was for sale in the window of my AD in 2021.
With and £80k history shouldnt be an issue getting an allocation on any two tone. It might just be the configuration you are looking for doesn’t come in very often at your AD.
Hulkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 05:10 PM   #14
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
80k gbp you should probably be looking at an allocation for a SS, not a TT.
Very ulikely, loads and loads of people with this kind of spend history, especially over multiple years.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 07:14 PM   #15
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Maybe that’s a question that your AD can give you an indication as to if you’ve got a chance.
Tbh in the current climate I’d have thought it would be doable
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote